General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW HAMPSHIRE RIDERS

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008 | 01:25 PM
Double Ds
|
Tourer
Default NEW HAMPSHIRE RIDERS

Looking for some new roads to travel this season. Can you suggest some of your favorites. We travel the seacoast and lakes region quite often so something different would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 02-19-2008 | 02:32 PM
NHHog
Tourer
Default RE: NEW HAMPSHIRE RIDERS

Nice ride is out 101 W from Manchester/Bedford over to Keene. Then you can take 10 out 0f Keene up along the Connecticut river to North Haverhill and take 25 back through Warren, Rumney and plymouth.Then head down 93 to get to your starting point.

Old 02-19-2008 | 04:54 PM
Old Bones
Road Master

I like to go up to Concord and takeRt132 from Concord to Asland, over Rt25 to Rt175 and up to Lincoln. Across Rt112 to Bear Notch Road to Rt302 and either back to Rt112 or across Rt302 to the Back Road in N. Conway or through town. Down to Rt153. Take Rt153 all the way, or cross over Lake Winni. on Rt109 to 25, 171, or 113. From the lake home on 106 or 107. I try not to use high ways.

Old 02-19-2008 | 05:31 PM
Cheese Head
Tourer

Head west through Vermont and into Northern New York. Ride around Lake George and Lake Placid.

Old 02-19-2008 | 06:39 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior

Route 302 is nice riding. I agree with Rte 112 (the Kanc). Route 3 up to Pittsburg. I think anything north of the lakes and North Conway is pretty nice. No traffic.

Old 02-19-2008 | 09:02 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer

Okay, leave your place of residence, and head north on 125 to Rt 16. North on 16 until you reach Union,then take aright on Rt. 153. Stay on 153 until you reach Conway. Then take Rt. 113/302 towards E. Conway. Take a left onRt.113 in E. Conway, and follow 113 through Evans Notch. This is the least known "notch", and the road is seasonal. In other words not plowed in winter, But it is a great ride. 113 will lead you to Gilead ME. along the Androscoggin river. Now you have a choice to make, left and you head into Gorham NH, and right further into ME. If you head back to NH, you could take RT. 2 out of Gorham to Jefferson, and then Rt.117 to 302 in Twin mountain Etc. But for the sake of conversation, lets assume you want to do a marathon tour.[8D]Take a Right on Rt.2 in Gilead and head to Bethel ME. Take Rt. 2/5/26out of Bethel. Then stay on Rt.2 all the way to Rumford/Mexico. Hop on Rt.17 out of Rumford, and follow 17 alongthe Swift Riverall the way to Oqoussoc. This section of Rt.17 is IMHO, one of the most senic in all of NE. You will pass by a spot on the leftknown asThe Hight of Land, where you can see for a hundred miles. It over looks Mooselookmeguntic lake, and the Richardson lakes.A little furtheron the right, and there is another senic vista. This one over looks Rangley lake, and the town of Rangley.Hop on Rt. 16 out of Oquossoc, and head towards NH. Be carful on this stretchof Rt. 16, as I don't think I've ever traveled it with out seeing at least one Moose. You will go by Aziscohos lake, and enter NH in Wentworths Location. Follow 16 ithrough the town of Errol, and on to a stretch of Rt. 16 known as the 13 mile woods along the Androscoggin river. This will take you back into Gorham NH through Berlin NH. From Gorham, as mentioned, you have a choice of routes back home. Pick the Notch you want to go through, Pinkham, Crawford, or Franconia. Pinkham and Rt.16 is the most direct, and Rt.2 will get you to the others. I do this Ride with some Buds, and it is a great long day. It would also be great to spend a night in Rangley, (couple of great little watering holes there)and make a weekend out of it. Which ever, have fun, and ride safe.

Old 02-19-2008 | 09:38 PM
Old Bones
Road Master

ORIGINAL: dirtnap664

Route 302 is nice riding. I agree with Rte 112 (the Kanc). Route 3 up to Pittsburg. I think anything north of the lakes and North Conway is pretty nice. No traffic.
I should have included going over to Twin on 302 and stop and get a nice picture of your bike with Mt. Washington Hotel in the back ground. Just stay off Clinton Mt. Road.

Old 02-20-2008 | 09:05 AM
JefFLH
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: dirtnap664

I'm with dirtnap, get north of the Conway area and there's tons of open road all the way up to the Canadian border.
Jeff

Old 02-21-2008 | 02:37 PM
NHHog
Tourer

North of the notches is beautiful daytime riding. Dusk can be tricky with the moose! I don't live that far from you and one of my favorites is. 125 to 16 North, 16 north to 11 towards Alton, at the Alton circle bear right onto 28 to wolfboro, right in downtown wolfboro and take that back out to 16, 16 north to the Kanc take kanc into Lincoln for lunch, back on the Kanc and go under 93 and follow the signs to Woodsville. In Woodsville take 10 South along the Connecticut river drop down into Charlestown off 10 and head over to Claremont, then Newport then 103 into Warner then either jump on 89 S to 93 or continue snaking down through Hopkinton and Concord then home.

Old 02-21-2008 | 03:12 PM
dietdewboy
Tourer

For a new resident to the Granite State, (only been here a year) I haven't found a bad place to ride!!! Seems like every time you turn your head, you're looking at a post card. It's a big change coming from the flat lands of Wisconsin.

Quick Reply: NEW HAMPSHIRE RIDERS