General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW HAMPSHIRE RIDERS

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008 | 01:22 PM
Old Bones
Road Master
Default RE: NEW HAMPSHIRE RIDERS

ORIGINAL: dirtnap664

ORIGINAL: kruisin

We all should have a HDF meet this summer. Good idea or bad idea?
I'd be in for it. A few of us met up at Bad Moose in Moultonborough one of the days during bike week. Met some other HDF people there.

Still have to bust Scrappy for being a no show

Shame on Scrappy,

Hay dirtnap if you stand out on Rt3 Sunday AM you can wave as I go by.

Old 02-23-2008 | 01:29 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Old Bones

Route 302 is nice riding. I agree with Rte 112 (the Kanc). Route 3 up to Pittsburg. I think anything north of the lakes and North Conway is pretty nice. No traffic.
I should have included going over to Twin on 302 and stop and get a nice picture of your bike with Mt. Washington Hotel in the back ground. Just stay off Clinton Mt. Road.

l
l
l
l
l
\ /
\/
\/

Old 02-23-2008 | 01:34 PM
Old Bones
Road Master

Route 302 is nice riding. I agree with Rte 112 (the Kanc). Route 3 up to Pittsburg. I think anything north of the lakes and North Conway is pretty nice. No traffic.
I should have included going over to Twin on 302 and stop and get a nice picture of your bike with Mt. Washington Hotel in the back ground. Just stay off Clinton Mt. Road.
[/quote]

l
l
l
l
l
\ /
\/
\/
[/quote]

I saw Mt. Washington Hotel in your picture, thats why I said it.

Old 02-24-2008 | 03:23 PM
bryan72
Cruiser

if you don't mind wearing a brain bucket for a bit the far western portion of Rt2 in mass is pretty awesome, especially the bit on either side of North Adams.

113 and 113A just south of the Kanc are nice rides, but sometimes a bit bumpy, especially in the spring, but there's hardly ever any traffic, even during leaf-peeper season.

153 runs up the far eastern side of NH and is a nice alternative to 16 after you've ridden 16 enough times to get bored with it.

all of the 100's route numbers west of 93 in the Kanc area are really nice ( 118, 116, 112, etc )

for longer trips I really like Rt 100 through vermont.

every road on or near the east side of the big lake is nice.

Rt2 in northern NH bores the crap outta me, but the rest of the E->W roads north of that 110, 26, etc are pretty nice.

107 from Raymond North to Laconia is a nice ride and a great way to get in and out of bike week, can also be bumpy, and a bit treacherous in the early spring.

Be careful in or near Hampton beach in the summer if you have loud pipes. I've idled through there in July and August before, but even then I get dirty looks, If I touched the throttle I have no doubt I'd end up with a ticket.

Old 02-28-2008 | 08:40 PM
Double Ds
|
Tourer

I'd be in for it. A few of us met up at Bad Moose in Moultonborough one of the days during bike week. Met some other HDF people there.

Shame on Scrappy,

I love the bad moose I haven't been there in a while. Meet and Greet would be great.

Old 02-28-2008 | 08:45 PM
Double Ds
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: BobbyD

Sorry HogBob, but it sounds like you pulled that one off of Mapquest. Pretty detailed. Anyhow, if any of you end up in Upstate NY gave me a shout and we'll see if we can hook up for a ride around Lake George!
Upper state NY is beautiful. I have relatives in Elmira! Not to close to Lake George but beautiful just the same.

Old 02-28-2008 | 10:27 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

If anyone is going to be in the Lincoln area the beginning weekend of the Laconia Rally, I'll be staying in the area with my wife and some friends. It'd be cool to shake hands with some folks from here.

Old 03-01-2008 | 09:01 AM
Suspended
Account Suspended

Hey there!
Maybe we can meet up there again this year. Maybe Scrappy will show???? She was going to try to get to the Boston Bike Show too CNC and I were in, but didn't make it....maybe 3rd times the charm?
Maria

ps-your quad-z came out really nice! Love that new photo!

Old 03-01-2008 | 09:12 AM
Suspended
Account Suspended

ORIGINAL: Double Ds

Shame on Scrappy,

I love the bad moose I haven't been there in a while. Meet and Greet would be great.
That would be awesome if we could get a lot more of the HD forums members to meet up there! We met a few at the Boston Bike show as well. It's really nice to talk one on one to our "fellow screen names"!! I don't mind retaining the name "socket lady" (lol...Bad Moose episode 2007) [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 03-02-2008 | 10:02 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

I'm In !

Quick Reply: NEW HAMPSHIRE RIDERS