General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advice for warm weather riding gear!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 04:59 PM
ForgedBlade
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: advice for warm weather riding gear!

Here in GA it gets really hot in the summer. When you are moving I don't think it is a big deal whatever you decide to wear (t-shirt, mesh jacket, etc). The main problem is when you are not moving. Down here in the summer months if you are sitting still you will cook like a like a drunk chic passed out at the beach. I personally prefer to wear a t-shirt and usually my corrando leather vest unless it is in the really high 90s or above then I go sans vest.Note: the corrando vest in my opinionis the finestmade and a great conceal carry option too.

Ride safe and often.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Rogue13
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Da Gumpmeister

ORIGINAL: Rogue13

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

no matter what ya get,,,,,cut the sleeves off!

But it has to be BLACK. And if you ride with 5 or 6 friends, you all must wear the SAME BLACK T-SHIRT,with the SLEEVES CUT OFF.
Don't go there, Rogue. Oh, Chit, ne'er mind, you already are there.

Guess I've been ol' too long. I wear my leather jacket, just take the liner out. If it gets over 100, then maybe a long sleeve T with the vest, but more than likely, the leather. Plus want it along for the evening. Prob'ly 5-10 nites in a year that you don't need a jacket for the ride home. Now if'n I was in Az or Nev, might have to rethink, BUT, I'm not in Az or Nev. Plus, by the time Momma gets her "roll" on the bike, not much room left for mine, so I travel light as possible.
BTW- came home last Sat nite, and she had the new saddlebags for the FLH in the living room, practicing how much chit she could get in them. LMAO Looks like I'm stuck with the roll it up and bungy it to the handlebars gig, still.

I'm with you, Gumpster! One of the nice things about a bagger is I can pack everything from a 1968 "Snorkle" coat to a thong. I'll spare you the pictures!

Old 02-23-2008, 08:44 AM
61panhead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm just hopping on the bike for a short clear-my-head ride around home, I just go with whatever I happen to be wearing duringthe summertime. I can't be bothered with changing clothes every time I go for a ride.