Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding advice for beginners and advanced alike

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Riding advice for beginners and advanced alike

Empty barrels make the most noise. Dude's dangerous... glad he's not my ride Captain or even in my group.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:34 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: FireRescueFL

Speakin' of videos, I just saw "Natural" on YouTube! Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7wH7WDUvF0
Duh!! That vid had "absolutely" nothing to do with "natural" talent. ANYBODY, including God, knows it was obviously the TIRES fault after it got wet whichwas the "WATER'S" fault. But definitely NOT a lack of "natural talent". Now, back to show........

Old 02-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If'n I was you, which obviously I ain't, (cuz I have hemorhoids, so I'm not a "perfect" a$$hole ), I'd be for hidin' out. Cuz the last "perfect" guy I read 'bout, got nailed to a BIG slab of oak. But you can do's whats you wants, jus' sayin'. GUMBY

Old 02-19-2008, 09:46 PM
conroskie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know who is more full of himself, the troll or Rick... Maybe they are the same people? Seems like he replys pretty fast on these deals.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:50 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yawnnnn TROLL ALLERT TROLLL ALERTTTTTTT

Old 02-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Hey Guys,

I banned the Troll this morning. He's history.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[align=left]"Here, hold my beer and watch this."
[/align]

Old 02-19-2008, 10:09 PM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I taught theory of flight to people in the military who thought they were pilots. I would not get into a plane with someone who thought they were a natural without many hours of classroom and stick time. Hard to pull over and make sure you are doing it right. Ran a BMX bicycle team, no matter how natural everyone improved with training. 2 young men were 4th and 3rd in the nation because of training, one is now a pro racer because of practice. Motorcycle riders I believe are the same, get better with theory and training, or least I did and I have been riding 50 yrs.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 AM
eyefrgt
Cruiser

OK Troll, where is the sig picture of your bike. Seems like Trolls never have proof they have ever been on a Harley Davidson. What bike do you own and what mods have you made???

Old 02-20-2008, 04:28 AM
99octane
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: uncanny_natural

I'm often asked, "How can I learn to ride like you?"

There's only one simple answer, and that is "you can't".

Course takers and book readers can learn and site all kinds of facts and statistics, memorize charts and study apex diagrams...and on and on and on. All of this in hope of becoming a true natural. HELLO????? What part of TRUE NATURAL don't you understand?

For those of you who already ride, just forget it. If you're not there yet (and you're not - trust me) you never will be.

So for those of you who have never ridden before but would like to start, my best advice is just to get on the bike and go. Chances are you will quickly discover that you have no hidden talent - no uncanny natural abilities. At this point you need to decide if you can be content just being another average Joe on a bike - or not. If not, then just don't ride - period.

Years of experience was never a factor for me. From the first time I ever rode a bike, I instantly knew everything there was to know about motorcycles and riding. I was one with machine from the start - just like the ****ing terminator. Never took a course. Never read a book.

If I had to translate my ability to years of experience, I'd say it would equate to many thousands of years. There are so few of us out there with that uncanny natural riding ability that I can only hope each of you has the experience of catching one of us in action at least once in your lives.

Sorry for the long rant, but it just gets tiresome answering the same questions over and over again. Also, believe it or not, I really DON'T enjoy shooting down someone's hopes and dreams.

Thanks for your time,

The Natural
Troll, and boring at that...

Quick Reply: Riding advice for beginners and advanced alike