Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding advice for beginners and advanced alike

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:04 PM
tallboy56
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Riding advice for beginners and advanced alike

You cannot be arrogant after death....

Old 02-19-2008, 06:06 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ron White says it best!

Old 02-19-2008, 06:19 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I will make a video on how to land when you crash your bike and release a second one on how to remove your helmet and throw it at cars for the more advanced crash dummies. not that I have any experience with stuff like that or anything.[sm=burnout.gif]

Old 02-19-2008, 06:25 PM
FireRescueFL
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speakin' of videos, I just saw "Natural" on YouTube! Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7wH7WDUvF0

Old 02-19-2008, 06:26 PM
bbaadd
Advanced

a legend in your on mind

Old 02-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Let me take one guess, you're probably the same twit the wanted to teach everyone "according to their ability" how to save gas by drafting close behind 18 wheelers.

I smell Troll poo!

Old 02-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Tmoney
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: uncanny_natural

I'm often asked, "How can I learn to ride like you?"

There's only one simple answer, and that is "you can't".

Course takers and book readers can learn and site all kinds of facts and statistics, memorize charts and study apex diagrams...and on and on and on. All of this in hope of becoming a true natural. HELLO????? What part of TRUE NATURAL don't you understand?

For those of you who already ride, just forget it. If you're not there yet (and you're not - trust me) you never will be.

So for those of you who have never ridden before but would like to start, my best advice is just to get on the bike and go. Chances are you will quickly discover that you have no hidden talent - no uncanny natural abilities. At this point you need to decide if you can be content just being another average Joe on a bike - or not. If not, then just don't ride - period.

Years of experience was never a factor for me. From the first time I ever rode a bike, I instantly knew everything there was to know about motorcycles and riding. I was one with machine from the start - just like the ****ing terminator. Never took a course. Never read a book.

If I had to translate my ability to years of experience, I'd say it would equate to many thousands of years. There are so few of us out there with that uncanny natural riding ability that I can only hope each of you has the experience of catching one of us in action at least once in your lives.

Sorry for the long rant, but it just gets tiresome answering the same questions over and over again. Also, believe it or not, I really DON'T enjoy shooting down someone's hopes and dreams.

Thanks for your time,

The Natural
Just remember one thing ,your not perfect dude some one can smash into your *** as easy as any one else .And your over confidence can hurt you just as much as help you sounds like you got a pretty big ego !!!!!RIDE SAFE DUDE

Old 02-19-2008, 06:37 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey uncanny A$$, What do you do when an old lady takes a left turn in front of you when your doin' 50 mph, and you only got 20 feet to avoide her? I'll tell ya', you plow right on into her, just likeJay Springsteen,Chris Carr, and Scott Parker. I've been Riddin' one sort of scooter or another sinceI was 6 yrs old. Experience is the only teacher! If you think your that good, and your a "natural", you'll be aDEAD natural! Period!

Old 02-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Basz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh!

I have seen you duck walk your bike through the parking lot while my wife ride circles in the same lot.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:10 PM
HarleyGirl76
Road Captain

I hate to even answer this one..... I love riding and am sure that most of you are "better" than I am - I still have a lot of fun and never thought of it as a competition. Experience is making a big difference for me, and having an experienced rider to go with is worth a lot.

If you don't mind, I'll just worship this guy from afar... (gag) and have fun riding.

Lisa

Quick Reply: Riding advice for beginners and advanced alike