General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trading a new bike for a newer bike!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 AM
undrdog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trading a new bike for a newer bike!

I don't regret trading my 07 Street Bob in for my 08 SG. I loved theBob when I livedin town and work was only 15-20 minutes away. I ride almost every day, so I can rack upa lot of seat time in a hurry. Theonly thingI didn't think about whenI purchased the Bob was the distances I like to travel in comforton a bike, andhow muchI can carry for gear. I was limited with the Bob, even though I could have adorned it with saddlebags, it would have killed the looks of the bike for me. So I made due all last summer with it.I just moved out inBFE, and I'm nowan hour from work. On theStreet Glide I have amore comfy ride,more wind protection,tunes to listen too andplaces to storegobs of gear. And if I decide to travel across the USA, this is the bike I would rather due it on. As far as trading in my 07,the happiness I have with my newride out weighs the loss I took to the wallet. I'm also single,have amedium income,no kids, nohouse payment, no bike payment,no regrets...........

Old 02-19-2008, 09:32 AM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: trading a new bike for a newer bike!

ORIGINAL: az232

kingk9- There was absolutley no condescentionintended at all. Sorry if it came across that way. I was simply stating facts so I could get information, which I did. If I can't state my view of a subject, what good is a discussion forum? I was sincerely interested in what makes people trade so often.My thinking isprobably more/less old school as far as buying a Harley because it's the best I can buy, perform regular maintenance, make it look the way I want, and ride the hell out of it for a long time.I was thinking maybe people trade often because they were having trouble with the bikes they presently owned, even though they were new. This is something I was interested in knowing.

I disagree with the answer that some people do this because they are wealthy and can do it.These guys didn't get wealthy losing money on trading in motorcycles every year.

This is a discussion forum and I was just throwing this out for discussion. I apologize to anyone that didn't think this was discussion worthy (in your mind) and feels I should mind my own business. I guess you could say that about any thread on here.
You can post and discuss anything you want, and so can I. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they don't think you shouldpost your opinion. Just means they don't agree. That is what this place is for. In fact, that's what makes it fun, for me anyway. I get more entertainment value out of the disagreements on this forum than when everyone gets in lockstep with one another. I know, I'm a sick man. As I'm sure you know, you don't need anyone's approval at this place to carry on through life with your opinions intact, and neither do I.Everything's gonna be OK.