General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Carbon Fiber Helmet

Got my helmet today. I sent the first one back to be exchanged for their head trip helmet. The whole turn around including the exchange took roughly 2 weeks. I couldn't be happier. Love the helmet and the fact that these people pick up their phone. You call and talk to a real person right away. That's priceless these days.

Hey Cohiba Joe...thanks for all the info you posted about these helmets on several threads. That really helped me decide on one of these

Old 02-08-2006, 10:59 PM
CTtrapper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Qball, Im looking to replace my Harley Helmet with a half and after reading this thread and their, read this first on the C.F. site, Im convinced and going to get one.

Old 02-10-2006, 10:53 PM
sbolt
Advanced

I had been looking at the earlier threads on ACC as well, but was concerned about fit. Today I stopped in while in Florida, and the folks there were EXTREMELY helpful. I got to try on different sizes. I turned out to be an L, but there was still a little slop in the temple area. It happens that they have a "reshape" helmet that they offer. Perfect fit. Stupid-large discount if you are a walk-in. I have been a Shoei guy since 1974- their hats fit my bean, or i have a Shoei shaped head- the 'reshape" model of the ACC DOT helmet is perfect. Can't say enough.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:19 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered 2 of their dot's yesterday.Hope they are as nice as everyone says.Been wearing a novelty for some time now.The reg. dot's make one look like a mushroom.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Phat03
Tourer

Had mine now for about 500 miles, best fitting low profile DOT on the market. Can't say enough about the fit and finish of these helmets.

Old 02-11-2006, 04:44 PM
U-Turn
Advanced

Sorry, I know it's not totally related but what about the differences between DOT and SNELL standards?

Is Snell better than DOT and where do you find helmets certified by them? All I seem to see out there is DOT no matter who the maker is??? Can a helmet actually be endorsed or certified by both?

Old 02-11-2006, 07:13 PM
sbolt
Advanced

MDH, the rule of thumb I was taught and my limted reading substantiates, is that the Snell rated helmets will offer the highest standard of protection. You will not find a shorty with a Snell rating, however some open face helmets are Snell. http://www.smf.org/standards/m/m2000std.html

Old 02-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Basz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to place an order.

I was wondering how many of you got the visor or your thoughts on a visor.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't have a visor, don't need a visor. That's just me.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:32 AM
freddc1
Cruiser

i had them put the three snaps on so I can use a face shield in rain. They dont charge for mounting snaps, but charge $10 if you want a visor - I've got enough visors already from other old helmets.
I like a visor early morning or late afternoon when the sun is low but always seem to catch the wind so wind up not using them.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Helmet