General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a dealer trailer your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have a dealer trailer your bike?

ORIGINAL: jaystone

I wouldn't worry about it at all, they should know what they are doing. If they damage it by accident they are insured. My dealer hauled my wifes bike to us when she bought it in the winter, no problem at all.
Insured?

In your dreams.
If the bike is a total loss, from an accident or really badly damaged Ok, they'll have insurance.
But insurance if the ding, scrape, brake small stuff, No way.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:26 PM
kb
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only wish I could have that done for every service. I would do it in a heartbeat.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:30 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

our local drug store had a promotion// raffle which was a 1 of Kenny Wallace , custom sportster.
Hired dealer to trailer it from 1 store to other,,, they loaded it on a flat bed trailer,, took off...
it fell over half way there, dragging it down the road..!

No lie

Old 02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer picked up my bike when the battery took a crap. Transprt was good.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Cheese Head
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem with the transport it self. The biggest problem I have is getting the bike back after the service is complete. They are always timely with coming to get the bike. However, it seems more often than not, I have to make arrangements myself to go down and get the bike to get it back home. This is partly my own fault. I chose a dealer that is over 80 miles from my house (two other dealers closer). To get the bike back up this way, they always wait until they have a full trailer (3-4 bikes) before they come up this way. I can't say as I blame them. I wouldn't want to run one bike 80 miles, another one the next week, another the week after. Only makes sense to batch the bike deliveries up this way. Each time they make the trip up this way, they lose almost of full day of delivering bikes in their local area.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:20 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Never had a problem. My dealer offers this service for all "VIP" customers up to 200 miles away, no charge. I'd rather ride it in though. I've been picked up on the road once, and the driver was very careful when loading, and he had extra help getting it off again.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

I had the local dealer pick up my Heritage last winter during a snowstorm for a motor upgrade. They were very careful, and METICULOUS about checking it for any existing damage, which at first put me off. I didn't like they're implying that some water spots or dust smears were scratches on the front fender. Afterwards I realized that was to my benefit if they'd dinged or damaged it in some way. I retrieved the bike myself the following week and it was perfect.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:53 PM
azhole
Road Master

My battery went dead at a class/convention I was at, and the local hd dealership had a booth set up inside at the show, so they took it to the shop for me after the show. No problems with the haul. They were actually very aware of loading and what to look out for, since they had the items from their booth in the trailer also. Good job hauling, and the sales guys were really cool, even tried push starting me first,even though I didn't like the attitude that their shop guys gave me. If they shop guy hadn't had such a pushy "you're an idiot" kinda attitude I would have had no problem with them, but I won't do business with them now cause of his shi++y attitude, and he was the head tech so no mo business with them.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:13 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your dealership has a MVP program when you become gold member. They will pick up and fix the bike then return it to you. Or you can ride in and use there service bike till the work is done then return the bike and pick up your bike. I just love putting miles on the dealership bikes. A plus is you also get the road service with gold membership. I would like to see more MVP dealers around the country.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:34 PM
slick37
Cruiser

man I feel like I'm getting a raw deal now..... Calumet Harley munster, IN is picking my bike up tomarrow just gave them 1700.00 dollars for upgrades...charging me 35.00 bucks each way!
But to be fair I didn't buy my bike from them... found it 3500.00 bucks cheaper at Wild Boar in MI. but I've also spent about 2700.00 dollars since then at Calumet. O'well still rather have bike in an enclosed trailer on wet & salty roads...
edit*** (they never did charge me for picking it up)

Last edited by slick37; 11-08-2008 at 10:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a dealer trailer your bike?