General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finally got out for a winter ride.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008 | 08:21 PM
OhioSkully
|
Club Member
Default finally got out for a winter ride.

Well, its been since jan 13th i got in 300miles that day when the ohio weather actually hit 60plus degrees in a jan winter day.

Today wasn't perfect but i had to get out. So i hoped on the bike and went for a ride it was 40 degree's and strong wind i went about 60miles and it was a nice ride and fun getting out. come on spring.

So atleast i have got in my oct,nov,dec,jan,feb ride just have to make it to end of march and the weather should start to break around here and then it won't be long.

Old 02-09-2008 | 08:43 PM
TooManyClowns
Tourer
Default RE: finally got out for a winter ride.

Finally above freezing here today(about 40 degrees I think..)
Snow & ice is off the roads (just the gravel to worry about...)
Got in about 55-60 miles!
....Waiting for Spring....

Old 02-09-2008 | 09:09 PM
OhioSkully
|
Club Member

Cool deal,

I loved getting out today man i needed it. Luckily we had a bunch of rain past couple days wash the roads down some i only had a couple spots that had the pee gravel to watch out for.

Old 02-09-2008 | 09:13 PM
roadgeek
Road Master

When I was in Minnesota the first ride of the season was the one that I enjoyed the most.

Now in Georgia I am spoiled.

Old 02-10-2008 | 03:56 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member

Glad to hear you guys got a chance to get out. I grew up in Chicago, so I know what a miserable winter is.

Old 02-10-2008 | 06:39 AM
Mnhorsemom
Cruiser

Won't be any riding here for a long while yet. It's currently -20 with 35mph winds which makes the wind chill -50. We had about an inch of snow the last day or so and it's blowing around causing white out conditions. I HATE winter!!

Old 02-10-2008 | 09:31 AM
OhioSkully
|
Club Member

Glad i rode yesterday dam its 16 out today and the wind is howling at about 30 plus mph heres our forcast suck. Thats why i got a ride in yesterday dam ohio.

Very windy with snow showers. Wind chills may approach -15F. Morning high of 20F with temps falling to near 10F. Winds W at 35 to 50 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

Old 02-10-2008 | 11:38 AM
da_big_Guy
Cruiser

I was just going to "proclaim" my ride yesterday when I saw this thread. I managed to get ~60 miles in, although the wind gusts were pretty bad. Had a few that about blew my glasses off and caused my eyes to tear up so bad I could barely see. That and I had to pull over once because the wind blew my insulated doo-rag off my head, fortunately the tail was trapped by my jacket and it didn't blow completely off!! It was 52 - 53 degrees yesterday, low 30's today. Come on Spring & Summer!! Oh well, at least I have managed to ride at least one weekend every month this winter.

Old 02-10-2008 | 11:43 AM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member

Wow, Fredricktown must be waaaay down in southern Ohio.

No where near 60 here on the North coast. Freezing our butts off. So much salt on the road I expect deer to start licking the streets.

Old 02-10-2008 | 01:02 PM
Monzie
Tourer

I just talked to my mom in Toledo and they had a 50F day a couple of days ago. But in the spirit of the thread I did get a good ride day window between snows on Thursday. Only ran errands as it was only about 40F and thats my limit, but it was a nice sunny day and a good short outing.

Quick Reply: finally got out for a winter ride.