General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker prices

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Default RE: Rocker prices

ORIGINAL: AF07

ORIGINAL: Cryptoboy

ORIGINAL: Lord Albany

With the strong anti-Rocker sentiment that flows through this site, I believe if you wait till the end of the year to buy a Rocker you may get a good price, well below what's currently offered.
I doubt the sentiment on this website is in any way indicative of what kind of prices the market will bear or the popularity of the rocker. Old guys on baggers are probably not the market the rocker is aimed at. Just sayin'... [sm=smiley2.gif]
True, but that was pretty much the same situation for the V-Rod when it first came out. You couldn't find one anywhere, and paid out the nose to get one! About a year laterdealers and owners could barely sell them period! The Rocker will probably be the same.
You might be right about rocker prices coming down (to msrp vicinity) as they become more available and it fits in with the whole supply/demand economics thing...But it won't have anything to do with sentiments onthis website.
Why do you think that? I think the people on this website represent a good cross section of then general thoughts out there.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:01 AM
AF07
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lord Albany

With the strong anti-Rocker sentiment that flows through this site, I believe if you wait till the end of the year to buy a Rocker you may get a good price, well below what's currently offered.
I doubt the sentiment on this website is in any way indicative of what kind of prices the market will bear or the popularity of the rocker. Old guys on baggers are probably not the market the rocker is aimed at. Just sayin'... [sm=smiley2.gif]
True, but that was pretty much the same situation for the V-Rod when it first came out. You couldn't find one anywhere, and paid out the nose to get one! About a year laterdealers and owners could barely sell them period! The Rocker will probably be the same.
You might be right about rocker prices coming down (to msrp vicinity) as they become more available and it fits in with the whole supply/demand economics thing...But it won't have anything to do with sentiments onthis website.
Why do you think that? I think the people on this website represent a good cross section of then general thoughts out there.
People on the internet, generally, are nota real reliable source of factual information. Too much personal opinion, unsupported by fact or reality. As far as this site being a cross section of hd riders or potential buyers,show me somedemographics tosupport that. If you aretalking about a cross section of guys concerned with wearing or not wearing chaps,fingerless gloves,or identifying who is a "poser",okay...

Old 02-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Huey Driver
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude dont believe the hype do not pay over MSRP, its not like Harley's are in their heyday. Wait a little bit and buy the bike on your terms

Old 02-10-2008, 03:52 AM
VenturaChop
Road Master

buy a dyna

Old 02-10-2008, 04:26 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Personally I wouldn't pay any dealer over MSRP but keep in mind that the price of an item is only a number and if you can handle that number without causing yourself a hardship, and if you want it, why not?

Old 02-10-2008, 05:24 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

should of named it The Edsel, but I guess that name was alredy taken. just my .02

Old 02-10-2008, 06:15 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Well all to their own opinion but have seen and sat on a Rocker C at the Clearwater Bikebuildoff it sold quicklybut is not for me....

Old 02-10-2008, 08:01 AM
FATBOB67
Road Captain

[sm=wtf.gif]If the price isn't MSRP or below it is priced to high. I will NEVER pay more than MSRP. Just saved $3,000.00 last month by going to Wyoming and picking up my new Fat Bob. Any dealer that sells over MSRP is screwing their customers!!![sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 02-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: MCSarge

My dealer had the Rocker and the Crossbones for MSRP. I would keep looking.
Same here. They even had two Rockers on the floor. I'd never pay a penny over MSRP for any bike.