General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inspection stickers

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:27 PM
WaterHog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Inspection stickers

Here in PA its wrapped around the left down tube. Yes, Its legal.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:06 PM
57springer57
Road Captain

I really don"t see the problem, they are not all that big [&:]

Old 02-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Axholio
In Texas they goon the license plate frame below the plate.
It's interesting. On my Sportster they put it on a plate sticking out from the bottom of my license plate. On my Springer they put it on a plate behind the left passenger peg. Two different dealerships for each motorcycle, but I certainly prefer where they put it for the Springer.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Cheese Head
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In NY the inspection sticker is supposed to be on the front fork. I had an inspection plate mounted under the left passenger footboard. Road with it like that for three years until I traded it in. Never had any problems with LEOs or the gate guards at Ft. Drum. The '08 has the inspection plate in the same place...under the left passenger footboard.

Not all dealers are willing to use the plates. When we bought my wife's bike in Potsdam the dealer would only put the stickers on the left fork so that is where hers is located.

I personally would prefer a small sticker on the license plate myself.

Old 02-08-2008, 06:35 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what?????
That Green,or Yellow 4"x4" sticker dont look good your shiney black and chrome bike???

they should at least make em metalic silver if they want em on the forks! sunsabeetches

Old 02-08-2008, 06:52 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,227 Likes on 1,842 Posts

ORIGINAL: captain m

I'm trying to get an inspection sticker change here in VT.Ours is :lower leftfork leg or on a secure metal tag on the left frontsideof frame.... I'd like to see them smaller and on the license plate.Where's yours??? Help me out here,I need state and location of sticker..Thanks,Captain M.

captain, technically the only place according to the Vermont Inspection Manual is for the sticker to be on the forks. Most folks buy the small plate and attach it to the frame near the left footboard and don't get hassled about it. I can tell you for the most part, cops in VT don't bother too much with inspection sticker enforcement on motorcycles, trailers and campers provided they look like they are relatively new and in good shape. That being said, that is the majority of the cops unless you come across a dick! There are some dicks out there.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:38 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have mine on a plate bolted to the brake caliper. For my friends in Texas I make a plate bracket that has a spot for the inspection tag. https://www.hdforums.com/m_2576700/tm.htm

Old 02-08-2008, 08:52 PM
flyslow
Road Captain

I have my inspection sticker on a plate under the left side of the frame. It is the Orange sticker you see in this photo. Have to have a county sticker on the fork but thats sitting in my tour pak. I will take my chances if stopped.. They wouldnt see the sticker if it was under the bat wing so its not like its a big deal really.

OF course, VA also has two stickers on the license plate as well for a total of 4 stickers required for the vehicle to be legal.

Can someone explain why? Dont these people communicate with each other?

Old 02-08-2008, 10:05 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For VA the inspection sticker must be on the left side of the bike somewhere. A few years back the sticker had to be on the left fork downtube but it got changed and now you can have it on a plate anywhere on the left side...hence flyslow's picture.

Here in Fairfax county, VA we no longer have the stupid county tax sticker. When we had it, I used to place mine on the other side of my inspection plate.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:37 PM
MidnightFLHX11
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

im in PA and on my sporty they had it on the fork, looked hideous after awhile. i talked to the dealership and got a inspection sticker plate that goes right behind the passenger peg on the left side of the bike, looks nice on a chrome plate and isnt noticeable. plus its legal.

Quick Reply: Inspection stickers