General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions about "Bikers".

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A few questions about "Bikers".

I can't bring myself to read 6 pages, someone justsummarize for me;
1) Did we ban anyone?
2) Did we settle whatever it was?

Old 02-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: DeJavu

This stupid thread just won't die, will it? A thread on threads! In the late sixties it wasn't unusual for me to wear paisely pants, tie dye Tshirt, engineer boots and a sweat band with my beard tied with several hair ties. You definetly wouldn't have called me a poser to my face. Nobody ever did!
Gawd, I just LMAO. Reminded me of when I had a Sporty.(XLCH) Year was 1976, YEP, smack dab in the DISCO era. I was stationed at Pearl Harbor, dressed with the bell bottoms, big collars, etc. Used to use one of those pant clips, that bicyclists use to keep their pants out of the chain, when I kicked the Sporty over, to keep from snagging the bell bottoms on the pass. peg. God, I bet that was a sight to behold from a distance. TALK 'bout "corny" lookin'.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:21 PM
GaryWayne
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if I'm a biker but I have been riding for 40 years, 29 bikes and about 20K a year. I'm on a Yamaha FJR now but have owned 3 Harleys in the past (due to many surgeries I can't ride cruisers anymore) but still like Harleys so read this forum many times a day. I perfer a full face just because I find it very comfortable but did ride with a 3/4 and even a bennie in the past. I now perfer real riding cloths because they just work. A mesh jacket is more comfortable in the heat (when moving) then just a T-shirt (done lots of that) and I like riding pants for the raseon I don't have to carry rain pants. Many of my riding friends ride Harleys and no I'm not jealous, no I don't think Harley makes the best there is (but the best at what they do) and I'm one of those who did try Harley and didn't go back. BUT..if I were to go back to a cruiser it would be a Harley because they do it the best. I don't understand the whole lifestyle thing or the soul thing...I've liked every bike I'ver ever had.. All bikes are fun and all are good in their own way. If Harley trips your boat then fine but please understand that not everyone feels that way and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm sick to death with the Jap crap...especially from the guys in a German helmets......death camps mean nothing to you. I'm tired of the Power Ranger thing...go to any Harley function thing and look around....very one is the same...PIRATE...and that's fine if thats what you like. I think everyone need to just lighten up some. You like what you like and others like what they like. If we were all the same I think things would be pretty dull.

Gary
[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-08-2008, 04:26 PM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sam

1) Did we ban anyone?

1) I wasn't banned.

2) The thread keeps going because no one wants to read all the replies. If they did they would see that the issue has been resolved. Come to find out there was no issue to begin with.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:29 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sam

1) Did we ban anyone?

3 people banned themselves.
Yes, it's settled that you are apparently supposed to ride naked with cowboy boots.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:37 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Da Gumpmeister

ORIGINAL: DeJavu

This stupid thread just won't die, will it? A thread on threads! In the late sixties it wasn't unusual for me to wear paisely pants, tie dye Tshirt, engineer boots and a sweat band with my beard tied with several hair ties. You definetly wouldn't have called me a poser to my face. Nobody ever did!
Gawd, I just LMAO. Reminded me of when I had a Sporty.(XLCH) Year was 1976, YEP, smack dab in the DISCO era. I was stationed at Pearl Harbor, dressed with the bell bottoms, big collars, etc. Used to use one of those pant clips, that bicyclists use to keep their pants out of the chain, when I kicked the Sporty over, to keep from snagging the bell bottoms on the pass. peg. God, I bet that was a sight to behold from a distance. TALK 'bout "corny" lookin'.
Yeah, but I bet you really felt bitchin', real psychedelic!

Old 02-08-2008, 04:40 PM
txfatboyz
Cruiser

Does anyone really give a crap about what someone else wears?
I mean I here women like to cut each other down about the way they dress

Oh and yes I wear a leather jacket when I ride for the protection not the fashion statement.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

These threads crack me up. People are quick to defend themselves as the "real biker" element because they refuse to conform in one way or another. They always tell people "I ride what I want, wear what I want, I don't give a f***" - but when they see someone really doing what they want and wearing what they want, they sneer and call them posers. I have a feeling that 99% of the people here are more like Wild Hogs than they are wiling to admit. Hmmm maybe a poll - which Wild Hog do you most relate to?

Old 02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For all our sakes, will a mod lock this idiot thread, Please!

Old 02-08-2008, 04:49 PM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Trey Hogger

These threads crack me up. People are quick to defend themselves as the "real biker" element because they refuse to conform in one way or another. They always tell people "I ride what I want, wear what I want, I don't give a f***" - but when they see someone really doing what they want and wearing what they want, they sneer and call them posers. I have a feeling that 99% of the people here are more like Wild Hogs than they are wiling to admit. Hmmm maybe a poll - which Wild Hog do you most relate to?
Go here. There's a quiz.
http://video.movies.go.com/wildhogs/

Quick Reply: A few questions about "Bikers".