General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions about "Bikers".

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A few questions about "Bikers".

All of us, yet none of us.

ORIGINAL: rockerheadsteve

What is a poser? Just kidding, I've really enjoyed the show, but now its time to go. Thats some good sheet,LMAO.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:38 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: x2lee

Yall want to have some serious fun dogfighting online try aceshigh out...
Have to give it a try, just what I need to waste endless hours. Think I'll wait til I finish rebuilding my bike after my accident.
Felt pretty competent on MSFS and other flight programs. Can't wait to climb in the cockpit of a P51(my dad was WWII ace flying them).

Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Harley_Dude

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

ORIGINAL: Harley_Dude

"These are guys that have paid their dues, and earned their respect, and it doesn't matter if they are members of traditional clubs, or just an old timer thatno longer needsto prove anything to anyone."

These are the real bikers.
I also must add...I know a few other guys that have also been around motorcyles all their lives...They are respected members of the community, have stable family lives, make an honest days pay, treat others with respect and sure have a lot of good quality friends...and love to share stories about their younger years messing around with bikes. THESE are the guys that have deserve respect.
And these are the same guys of which I speak. Don't know what your rant is about. And some of these same people wear colors or did. I am not a patch holder and have no desire to be one. But I have grown up around these people and know they are to be respected for what they have done as a biker and as a human being. Must be different in your neck of the woods.
Your post referred to 'old time bikers' in general...insinuating they all deserve respect because 'they have paid their dues'. My post was distinguishing the difference among them. Respect is earned from how a person treats others, in my book...not just for simply being an 'old time biker'...I didn't even mention colours..and I won't even go into how I feel about those guys.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:04 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man

Just keep an eye out for me as you drive into work. I'll be the one in the doo-rag and three piece suit. And occasionally a bow tie.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:32 AM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe I didn't make it real clear what I was complaining about.

It's not the leather or lack-thereof, it's people pretending to be something that they aren't. I respect a dude that rides his scooter into his 6 figure job wearing his three piece suit. That shows that he is who he is, he just likes riding a bike.

Like I said before, I wear the same clothing when I'm on the bike as when I'm off the bike, save fora jacket for protection.

Now the argument has been made that some folks wear the leather get-up for protection in the event of acrash, I can respect that. Makes sense to me I suppose. It would just make more sense to me if these same folks also wore a helmet. This leads me to believe that there's a little more "looking cool" going on than they are letting on, but who doesn't want to look good at least a little.

I also can respect the fact that some folks break out of their normal routine by tossing on the leathers and freeing themselves from the daily grind.Working in the office all week long can be tedious and boring.

I guess my gripe was unfounded, stupid and narrow sighted.I now have a better understanding of why some folks do what they do. Just think, if I hadn't posted this stupid gripe I'd still be running around being negative over unnecessary crap.

Thanks y'all.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:52 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man

Any time. Glad we could help. Now if we just help those fools that wear goggles. Man, they reallylook stupid.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:55 AM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ken thompson

Any time. Glad we could help. Now if we just help those fools that wear goggles. Man, they reallylook stupid.
I wear goggles to help keep my beanie on, but only when it's cold out.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:02 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

Your post referred to 'old time bikers' in general...insinuating they all deserve respect because 'they have paid their dues'. My post was distinguishing the difference among them. Respect is earned from how a person treats others, in my book...not just for simply being an 'old time biker'...I didn't even mention colours..and I won't even go into how I feel about those guys.
Actually that was my post in reference to 'an old timer that has paid his dues'.

That statement deals with individuals riders, and I have no idea how (inyour mind) youcame up withthe statement"insinuating they all deserve respect because 'they have paid their dues'. There is nothing mentioned about "Old Timers In General", that is just something you assume for some unknown reason.

Also, your 'opinion' of those that wear colors is justone personsopinion, nothing more, nothing less. People tend to lead their own lifestyles, even if that lifestyle doesn't meet the approval of another.

Have a wonderful, productive, and safe day.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:03 AM
sweet07
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DON'T AXE!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Baron

Post Script - My father-in-law happens to bea prime offender and a large source of my experiences.

Dude, have you missed your appointment with your physicologist about your father-in-law "complex??? Or is it too much caffine?!?Did you o.k this with your wife before posting?[sm=boohoo.gif]

Quick Reply: A few questions about "Bikers".