General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions about "Bikers".

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:34 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: A few questions about "Bikers".

ORIGINAL: fred0k

I had thought the idea behind the whole "harley" way of life was to be free.Wear what you want,ride where and when you want on what ever kind of harley you want...The more I seeof this the worse it looks....If you wear all the leather crap your a "poser" or a "wannabe" if you don't you get hammered for not being a "real" biker and not wearthy of riding a harley.HA!!!! I have Never seen any other group of anything that tries to be so judgmentel....Seems like we all could just enjoy the ride...!!!
Fred,
Like me, you'll learn not to reply to the "what you wear" threads.

Oh, wait!!! I just replied to a "what you wear" thread. $hit [:'(]

Old 02-07-2008, 03:36 PM
A727Guy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No doubt that the price of general aviation is "sky high" these days- no pun intended. I feel for those trying to break into it now. My kids are always begging for an airplane ride, I'll probably see what they've got to rent around here this spring.

I love to ride, but I've give up both of my bikes if it would afford me a small airplane (tailwheel, light aerobatic, like an RV-4 or something) - truly my first love. Unfortunately, the purchase price is just the start - hangar, maintainance, annual, insurance, fuel -it's outrageous.

Besides, I'd look kinda silly flying my lil airplane with my fingerless gloves and doo-rag.

P.S. I'm not about to mention if I really do own (or don't own) fingerless gloves and a doo-rag on this thread. No need to fuel the fire.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:39 PM
TEK 679
Road Captain

HHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Did he say something?[&:]

Old 02-07-2008, 03:43 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I still dream of affording one time to fly some serious aerobatics. My only chance would be in one of those dogfight set ups. $$$$$! Enjoyed my flight time in the 150s but had a lot more fun on MS flt sim.
Oh, well!

Old 02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

ORIGINAL: DeJavu

I still dream of affording one time to fly some serious aerobatics. My only chance would be in one of those dogfight set ups. $$$$$! Enjoyed my flight time in the 150s but had a lot more fun on MS flt sim.
Oh, well!
just get ya a throttle quadrant and a yoke setup with peddles and all,.........lmao,....if it wasn't so geeky,..I might would go that way

Old 02-07-2008, 04:08 PM
nutmagnet
Advanced

I`ve used shell airplane oil in the past in my shovel.I guess I`m a poser.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: JamieCarr

Oh, well!
Gotta be carefull, there's a lot of bad yokes out there!

just get ya a throttle quadrant and a yoke setup with peddles and all,.........lmao,....if it wasn't so geeky,..I might would go that way

Old 02-07-2008, 05:05 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hey,,,, lets be GLAD , all these fat ***,puss gut, desk sittin hardcores cover most of their body up!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 05:25 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damned if reading the forum once a week is exhausting you maybe you should try working out, all the bad *** bikers do.

I think its a funny post and I think ole Baron is a cool cat. he did admit he was being one sided and thats shows hes an OK person In my book. And I assume he didnt tell his father in law that his mother was fat.
'sides he got that cool captain america avatar now.

If you were so sorry you clicked it why were you bothering to reply??? Crappy rant Cheese, you need to try harder next time...
ORIGINAL: CHEESE

Maaaaaaaaaaan.........

This sort of post is why I went from being on this forum as a constant obsession two years ago to logging in MAYBE once a week, but only if I don't have anything else to do, like right now, and usually that's only to check the showdown forum and the gear for sale. I'm sorry I clicked on it, everyone is a hardcore badass biker, but NOBODY else is. I'm exhausted by it. WHO CARES!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry, that was my first ever rant on this forum. After two years I think I'm entitled. Have a great day.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:44 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yall want to have some serious fun dogfighting online try aceshigh out... I was #1 in the world on it for a few months and also #1 on airwarrior for 6 months or so. Not real bad considering 5000 online pilots were in the gameAH has a very cool flightmodel that flys very close to real except for the wind values. It is a massive online flight simulator, 10 times as fun as MSFS
Over 150 diff types of ww2 aircraft to choose from, cool graphics and the obscene pleasure of blasting folks from the sky. And of course straffing them in thier chutes if they tried to bail. I was hated by a lot of the online flight communityI was a P38 dweeb
mostly

I would shoot your chute down and vulch you on takeoff, I was a generally ruthless SOB, but heyAll in fun, check out aceshigh at hitechcrations.com. You get 2 weeks free.

Ihave my private ticket, 200 or so hrs, checked in the 150 152 172 and the J3. Done some acrobatics in a texan and a cessna aerobat. Done a few loops in afriends bonanza, done a few hang glides off a few cliffs in cali in my younger days...

How did we end up in the backwater of a silly thread like this anyway? Lets go play in those dogfight planes when we get rich(LOL). That would pump my adrenaline for sure! I think its "only" like $3k and hour.

Quick Reply: A few questions about "Bikers".