General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions about "Bikers".

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 02:00 PM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: A few questions about "Bikers".

ORIGINAL: JeepMaker

Why do you worry about what other people wear?

Are you that guy that makes the list of best and worst dressed every year? THAT I call gay.
I simply find it comical that these folks think is necessary riding attire. I worked with one dude who would wear a white shirt, slacks and tie for his job, but when he showed up on the bike (sunny days only) he wore his leather get-up that he'd remove for work. Come lunch time he'd get all geared back up and head out on the scooter to Applebees. Then when he got back he'd dress down again just to do it again at quitin' time.

That's the type that I'm talking about. Leather doesn't make a person a biker.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: JeepMaker

Why do you worry about what other people wear?

Are you that guy that makes the list of best and worst dressed every year? THAT I call gay.
+1

Old 02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Here we go... (dragging up a chair for the show)...

Yep

Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 PM
connsmith
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohh i haven't seen this a few times already... hell don't worry about em let them do their thing if it makes em happy... even the matronly women in the tight leathers maybe thier old man likes it

I don't ride in the rain cause I own a car!!!! Now if I am going somewhere long distance then I am prepared to ride in the rain and so is the wife,we have done so but.... hello it's wet why make yourself miserable to get somewhere if you don't have to? If I am riding for pleasure, rain is no pleasure and riding in it don't make you a man.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (01-05-2024)
Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Baron

<snipped>

That's the type that I'm talking about. Leather doesn't make a person a biker.
No, but it sure makes all the cruiser meteric riders look. COOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Baron

After being off the Harley scene for a few years I have noticed a few things and want to get y'alls input on them.

1. Why do these yuppie "bikers" wear leather from head to toe no matter how nice the weather is? Chaps are to keep you warm and dry, as far as a fashion accessory, I call gay. Same goes for leather skull caps. It smacks of The Village People.

2. Why do these yuppies' fat a$$ wives feel the need to squeeze into a pair of leather pants 5 sizes too small as well as a leather vest that is equally small?

3. Why do these people act as if they are some sort of hardcore biker when we all know that they spend all week as an Accountant, Lawyer, etc? I've got no issue with people riding no matter who they are, but let's not go around calling ourselves "biker trash". You're not fooling anyone but the rest of your yuppie friends. Riding to the stealership every Saturday hardly makes you "biker trash".

I can't help but think of "Wild Hogs" whenever I see these people. But what really ticks me off is that I get looks like I'm some sort of jackass because I'm wearing jeans, anon-black non-Harley t-shirt and nothing leather. Oh yeah, I also wear motocross gloves because they fit better and offer better grip than those leather fringed things.

In conclusion, I just wish people would be themselves, ride their scooters and stop trying to live this double life.

Oh one more thing, if you and your lady are even slightly overweight, perhaps going 2-up on a Sportster isn't the best thing to do. Id rather see y'all on a Yamahonda that can carry both of you comfortably.

Post Script - My father-in-law happens to bea prime offender and a large source of my experiences.
That's funny stuff. Hit emwhere it hurts man...hit em where it hurts. You're gonna get chastised beyond your wildest dreams. Good post.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Forgot in the first post.
PSSSSST -come here, (whispers quietly in his ear) "Those guys ain't really BIKERS , but for heaven's sake, don't drag that secret back to the FORUM. Just causes all sorts of chaos."

Old 02-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: connsmith

<snipped>
riding in it don't make you a man.

Um, excuse me.... But on page #335 of the "The complete idiot's guide to becoming a biker" it clearly states, "To be a real man, you must be willing to ride in the rain."

Old 02-06-2008, 02:06 PM
JamieCarr
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well ,..next time you see some fat yuppies wearing leather on a hot day,....why don't you go over and ask them what the hell is wrong with them,..and why do they have leather on? I'm sure they'd be happy to give you an answer.

-be sure to tell the ole' boy about how his wifes fat *** is crammed into them pants too,....

Old 02-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Arcane
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What other people wear and what bike they ride is up to them, if you find them so offensive that you get you’re shorts in a knot then don’t look. If your father in law does not fit your idea of what we should or should not wear or ride perhaps you should take it to him, of course he will probably tell you where to stick it and then whip your azz. In the event that he really whips it on you please post pics, we could all use a good laugh.

Arcane

Quick Reply: A few questions about "Bikers".