General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions about "Bikers".

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A few questions about "Bikers".

You forgot the diamond HD ring and matching earring.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Baron

ORIGINAL: Da Gumpmeister

Darn, and I was just ready to start a good "rant" 'bout the turquoise ring comments.
Oh well, maybe next week when it comes back 'round. []
Oh, it's not just turquoise rings, it's multiple rings as well as silver Native American turquoise bracelets andnecklace!
And, your point?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: TwiggyAZ

REAL Bikers just don't care what anyone else wears, rides, looks like. They just don't!

jeans cuffed at the bottom, Dickies work shirt, beanieand Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers)
Well, unless of course your wearing THAT! That's just too funny!! That, and turquoise!!

WOmen can never, ever become "real bikers".

They either ride on back or they are just male-want-abees.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: sharkeydude

Having an HD ring is like your married to the company. Weird.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Da Gumpmeister

And, your point?
Just that he's well accessorized, that's all. I'm implying nothing!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kolni

ORIGINAL: TwiggyAZ

REAL Bikers just don't care what anyone else wears, rides, looks like. They just don't!

jeans cuffed at the bottom, Dickies work shirt, beanieand Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers)
Well, unless of course your wearing THAT! That's just too funny!! That, and turquoise!!

WOmen can never, ever become "real bikers".

They either ride on back or they are just male-want-abees.
JUST had ta "rattle" the cage, didn' ya.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you take this Harley....to have and to hold....YUP pretty weird.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Yellotang

ORIGINAL: sharkeydude

Having an HD ring is like your married to the company. Weird.
I have issues just wearing my wedding ring.

Hey Twiggy,

What's wrong with my gear? Got sumthin against Chuck Taylor's?

Old 02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

After being off the Harley scene for a few years I have noticed a few things and want to get y'alls input on them.

1. Why do these yuppie "bikers" wear leather from head to toe no matter how nice the weather is? Chaps are to keep you warm and dry, as far as a fashion accessory, I call gay. Same goes for leather skull caps. It smacks of The Village People.

2. Why do these yuppies' fat a$$ wives feel the need to squeeze into a pair of leather pants 5 sizes too small as well as a leather vest that is equally small?

3. Why do these people act as if they are some sort of hardcore biker when we all know that they spend all week as an Accountant, Lawyer, etc? I've got no issue with people riding no matter who they are, but let's not go around calling ourselves "biker trash". You're not fooling anyone but the rest of your yuppie friends. Riding to the stealership every Saturday hardly makes you "biker trash".

I can't help but think of "Wild Hogs" whenever I see these people. But what really ticks me off is that I get looks like I'm some sort of jackass because I'm wearing jeans, anon-black non-Harley t-shirt and nothing leather. Oh yeah, I also wear motocross gloves because they fit better and offer better grip than those leather fringed things.

In conclusion, I just wish people would be themselves, ride their scooters and stop trying to live this double life.
Post Script - My father-in-law happens to bea prime offender and a large source of my experiences.
1. Don't know why EVERYBODY does it ..but I know why I wear my leathers...for protection...not just from road rash in the event of a mishap but rocks, debris, even large bugs can leave a welt.

2. Can't esplain that one ... but it's not just biker women who do that ... Ever checked out what teenagers are wearing today? Considering a large poplulation of young adults are overweight ... doesn't neccessarily stop them from wearing the new wave fashions of lowrise jeans and cropped tops.

3.I know they are out there...but I haven't met a lot of the "wannabe's"...or so they're called.I have however, met many professionals who like to ride. They can put on as many miles as anyone and don't neccessarily ride just on sunny Saturday afternoons. I don't judge them for how much or how little they ride. I have the ability toform my own opinion about how they interact with me and others around me. Some are really neat people with alot to offer by way of friendly coversation andsharing a common interest. I don't know what YOU are looking for, but that does it for me.

Both hubby and I have raised our kids, own our own home, have worked since we were in highschool...now we own our own business and riding is about all that we do for pleasure. We work hard ... often 90 hr weeks (or more) ... and we love Harley Davidson motorcycles. That's our passion. If and when we get the chance ... we're riding! That's just what we like to do.We are exactly what you discribe as living a double life.

Now, I do not profess to be a hardened BIKER type...and you will never convince me thatwe are not "allowed" to ride because wedon't wearleathers all day everyday, have engine parts spead out on the dining room table at any given time, or aren't the beer drinking, belching, tatooed, ready to rubble hardened biker types that might be an acceptable image. ...Sorry, you'll just have to take us the way we are...or not...Doesn't really matter to me. We can do it, quite happily I might add,with or without your 'blessing'.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another road nanny! I bet you vent here because its a lot easier to say your wife isa fatass and you look gay in leather chaps from the safety of your computer than it would be to man up say it to someones face.

But if you do decide to grow a pair and confront folks in person and you happen to start with the prime offender, just remember hes prolly not gay if hes married to a fatass woman...

After being off the Harley scene for a few years I have noticed a few things and want to get y'alls input on them.

1. Why do these yuppie "bikers" wear leather from head to toe no matter how nice the weather is? Chaps are to keep you warm and dry, as far as a fashion accessory, I call gay. Same goes for leather skull caps. It smacks of The Village People.

2. Why do these yuppies' fat a$$ wives feel the need to squeeze into a pair of leather pants 5 sizes too small as well as a leather vest that is equally small?

3. Why do these people act as if they are some sort of hardcore biker when we all know that they spend all week as an Accountant, Lawyer, etc? I've got no issue with people riding no matter who they are, but let's not go around calling ourselves "biker trash". You're not fooling anyone but the rest of your yuppie friends. Riding to the stealership every Saturday hardly makes you "biker trash".

I can't help but think of "Wild Hogs" whenever I see these people. But what really ticks me off is that I get looks like I'm some sort of jackass because I'm wearing jeans, anon-black non-Harley t-shirt and nothing leather. Oh yeah, I also wear motocross gloves because they fit better and offer better grip than those leather fringed things.

In conclusion, I just wish people would be themselves, ride their scooters and stop trying to live this double life.

Post Script - My father-in-law happens to bea prime offender and a large source of my experiences.

Quick Reply: A few questions about "Bikers".