Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barcelona, Spain Harley shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
mdalex
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barcelona, Spain Harley shop

Anyone ever been to the Harley shop in Barcelona, Spain? I am headed over in July on a business trip. I wondered if it was worth checking out. Thanks in advance for your replies!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 216 Posts
Default RE: Barcelona, Spain Harley shop

No, but pick me up a t-shirt...

I'm heading to Paris after bike week. They have a couple of H-D shops I might locate while I'm there. It will be interesting to see if it's the same ole' stuff or a shop full of Harley berets and scarfs...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:05 PM
wideopen1967
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bring a couplee of credit card, a t-shirt will set you back about $75.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:32 PM
dyna2319
Tourer

From whenI was in Germany the prices quoted by wideopen are not that far off and considering what the Euro is doing against the dollar now he may be low. From what I was told everything comes through England and just gets marked up by the middle men. But I do get isome interesting comments from the ladies at the hog meetings. So it could be worth it in the end.

Dyna2319

Old 02-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Tony P

I'm heading to Paris after bike week. They have a couple of H-D shops I might locate while I'm there. It will be interesting to see if it's the same ole' stuff or a shop full of Harley berets and scarfs...
I wonder if there is a French HD forum where they debate if berets and scarfs are gay? And you can get ME a t-shirt from Paris.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:50 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tony P

The bikes in France, like their tanks, all have reverse gears.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:17 AM
azhole
Road Master

Hey, it's probably a put down to be straight there, and if that's the case, the guys probably are all equipped with a reverse gear also...

I would bet they have some great harley shops in spain. I hear that's a great place to go in europe.
Hell, aren't the shirts about that much here?[:@] I wonder if you could take some from here and trade them to people there, or trade Levi's for their stuff.
I was considering, a couple decades back, taking levi's to europe and selling them to pay for the trip. I had heard they were a rare item back then.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:16 AM
FLHTinILM
Advanced

Sweet!

Was in Barcelona back in November. Was on a Saturday, 4:00 in the afternoon, took a cab all the way across the city - CLOSED. Would not be open again until Monday. I was flying out Sunday.

Could not even peer into the window, it was shuttered with the roll down, solid protective barrier.

Does that count?

BTW, if you want a cool place to hang and watch the sunset, goto Ingles Department Store. I kid you not. 14 floors tall, with a glassed in cafeteria at the top. The ONLY place to get a good meal that will not cost you $75.00 American.

Oh, and for the love of all that is scared, do not get ripped off by the taxi cab driver.Ask me how I know.

Have fun, take lots of pictures.

How long will you be there?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't forget to wander along Las Ramblas and look at the scenery.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:50 PM
titomalu
Cruiser

also visit the Maremagnum on the Port, stroll through las Ramblas at night. Leave your wallet in the hotel, it is full with pickpockets. If you want a typical meal visit La Boqueria in Las Ramblas and sit on one of the bars to get shrimp (gambas), prawns "langostinos", bogevantes and all the fish, sqiud and octupus that you can eat.

There is a nice restaurant in the old part of town called "El Caracol o Los Caracoles" - it's great. My wife was in Valencia in November and bought a T-Shirt. It cost 35 Euros, close to $50 bucks. You will probably see the same thing as you see in the US but probably on a somewhat smaller scale. Bikes are at least 1.5x more that in the US.

Have fun.

Quick Reply: Barcelona, Spain Harley shop