General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 FLHX map? power commander III

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008 | 05:13 PM
sweet street glide
|
Novice
Default 2008 FLHX map? power commander III

I just installed a power commander III. Vance and Hines Python Slip ons. Arlen Ness big air sucker. Does anyone happen to have a dyno-tuned map for this setup???

Thank you.

Old 02-04-2008 | 08:53 PM
rde
Road Captain
Default RE: 2008 FLHX map? power commander III

Let me get this correct. You spent some bucks on slip ons, a PC III, and a high flow air cleaner. You know what that costs. Now you want to get a free map from someone else you spent their hard earned cash for the same set upplus spent a few hundred more of their cashfor a dyno tune?[sm=wtf.gif]

I'm not picking on you per se, but do you think that's fair? I know alot of guys on here would be willing to share a map with you because they're nice guys. But I am somewhat shocked that you don't just want a canned map, you want a dyno tuned map.

My advice is download the closest map that fits your setup from Dynojet.

If you want a dyno map spend your own money like the rest of us.

Maybe others will disagree with me. We spend alot of money for our bikes to make'em the way we like 'em. It just sorta gets to me when I see guys wanting a map for free when somebody else had to pay for it. And maybe you don't know, but a custom dyno map starts at about $250 and goes up from there.

I realize you're somewhat new to the forum. Take my advice and do your own dyno tune. Each bike is different and what may be a perfect tune for someone else might not be quite right for your scoot. You spent thousands of dollars on your bike. Get it right and spend a few hundred more. My 0.2

Old 02-05-2008 | 01:57 PM
sweet street glide
|
Novice

Sorry if I offended anyone. I am new to this and was told to do this. I do plan on doing a dyno at some point when I can save up enough money, but probably not until summer. Spent from the parts purchase. I was very disapointed with the download I got from the PC site. Noticed no difference in power. Sounds great.

Anyways, not trying to **** anyone off. If inapropriate I will not ask anything else like this again. After I do my dyno I will post it for anyone that wants to download it, I would be glad to help anyone that might be able to take advantage of it. Just short of cash right now.

Peace, Mike

Old 02-05-2008 | 06:40 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

Did you try checking with man support, maybe they can offer you a different map download or suggest a quick solution to hold you over till you can afford to get that dyno. Good luck.

Old 02-07-2008 | 07:53 PM
randlock
Novice

Dynojet isn't exactly speedy. However, the recently (in the last couple weeks) have offered maps via their website for slip on applications. You may want to check with them for your setup. If you haven't noticed much diff. with what you have it could be because the '08 Touring models -yours included i believe- have the new cableless throttle. "Fly by wire". Anything you try to download will not work unless it is for your particular bike. So far nada. Manual adjustments of the PCIII DO NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Considering the cash you dropped on the bike and the parts you owe it to yourself to pay for the dyno. It is tax time. If not then ride at your own risk or wait for the proper download. Otherwise you risk serious damage through timing misses etc.
Good Luck.