General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frog Toggs Fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:42 PM
landest
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Frog Toggs Fit

+1

FT's are history. Pipes got em.... will not buy again.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Phil

They don't fit tight enough and they'll blow up like a balloon. If you get blue ones you'll look like a giant blueberry... orange? Then a giant orange... HOWEVER, they'll keep you relatively dry. Just as all other rainsuits, you'll look like a dork. But then again, if it's raining, everyone else will look like a dork too. Go to a national rally during the rain and check out what people wear... EVERYONE looks stupid. You even see a lot of trashbags and duct tape... but hey, we're riding!!!

Bottom line... you simply cannot look cool while riding a motorcycle in the rain.
Hey, I thought I looked pretty cool riding in the rain wearing my Harley "Overpass" rain suit - minus the pants. Problem was, when I stopped it looked like I'd pissed myself where the chaps didn't cover things. Try being cool THEN. Aw well - least I was riding!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:25 AM
azhole
Road Master

Melted to my pipes also. I still keep them in the bag on my tour pak, cause they pack down so small and make a great windbreak if the weather is too cold, but I bought a set of bib pants from Harley dealer for real rain,cause I had a discount coming.
Now I'll ride with the FT top and the HD bottoms. I got the orange FT so people can see me in the rain.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer

Save your money and get some real motorcycle rain gear. Frogg Toggs are great on the golf course or maybe on a Gold Wing. Your Harley will melt them in a New York minute if they hit the hot pipes (and they will) one day. JMHO