General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker, and Cross Bones

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008 | 05:01 PM
jaysonL
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Rocker, and Cross Bones

Well, I went to th dealership again today. We got a quarter inch of ice on Friday and I have the motorcycle blues, so a trip to the dealership kind of help ease that. It was pretty educational visit. They had their first Rocker in this week, and also a Cross bones. I originally didn't like the Rocker, and liked the Cross bones. That all changed after sitting on them both ! The Cross bones was VERY uncomfortable. The seat has 3 inch tall springs that actually make you feel as though you're pivoting forward looking down on the handlebars and speedo. The Rocker was THE most ergonomically fitting of any Softail that I have ever sat on. I like it, I like it a lot. There are some things that I don't like about it. The oil lines from the tank are literally one centimeter away from the exhaust pipe. I think that is a design problem, maybe not. But that's just me. Honestly though, other than that and the dumb seat thingy for the passenger I was impresed, I'd really consider buying one ! Very nice bike !

Old 02-02-2008 | 05:23 PM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Default RE: Rocker, and Cross Bones

I've seen them both, but haven't sat on either. For me the Crossbones is interesting, straight out of the 1940s. I doubt I would own one. If I were in the market for that type of bike (which I'm not), I would go witha Wideglide or Softail Custom. Butthe Crossbonesis fascinating.

In contrast, the Rocker is simply ugly. I don't even want to look at it, and I can't imagine anyone paying $18k for one.

Old 02-02-2008 | 06:19 PM
old558
Intermediate

Seat on the Cross Bones is ajustable, I thought it was very comfortable and Im 6'4.

Old 02-02-2008 | 06:43 PM
FireRescueFL
Tourer

After owning an American Ironhorse Tejas, I find the Rocker to be really cheesy both in looks and in feel. Of course, my Tejas was nearly $8k more as well. Lately, I've been going through a bobber phase so the Crossbones is pretty appealing to me. Not really diggin' the name on either one though.

---Chris

Old 02-02-2008 | 06:48 PM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer

I was at the dealer today and saw both side by side. The rocker does not do anything for me. Not a fan.

The cross bones. That on the other hand is a pretty cool looking ride. I can see where that may be a good seller. Did not sit on either. The seat on the x bones seems to sit a little high. I think if was down a couple inches in the back it would look even better.

Old 02-02-2008 | 07:04 PM
2ForTheRoad
Road Master

I'm a Rocker fan, can't say the Crossbones moves me. If I had a second bike, I think the Rocker would be it. Hopefully will get some seat time soon and dream about the second bike.

Old 02-02-2008 | 08:32 PM
jaysonL
|
Elite HDF Member

If the seat was about 3-4 inches lower I'd love the x bones. I do not like that there is a 1 inch gap between the tank and the seat. It looks as though the bike is 10 feet below you when you're sitting on it. I suppose with a little customizing it would be a bad a$$ bike. I love the fact that they made it look like an older bike with the use of brushed aluminum instead of chrome in various places.

Old 02-02-2008 | 08:39 PM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member

In person, I thought the Rocker C was very nice, but I did not like the bones at all.

Old 02-02-2008 | 08:41 PM
resa
Intermediate

Did anyone catch the Speed Channel's episode where they were test driving the Rocker in Hollywood? All of the test drivers LOVED the ride. I have to admit, seeing it go down the road made it's appeal grow on me. The fender appears to float.

Old 02-02-2008 | 08:43 PM
jaysonL
|
Elite HDF Member

Yeah, the one I sat on was a "C" model. I know someone on the forum here has one and they recently put a set of big radius pipes on it. It was exactlt like that one.

Quick Reply: Rocker, and Cross Bones