Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE- Dakota Cty LEO N Biker

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default UPDATE- Dakota Cty LEO N Biker

Update - It has beenall overthe news this morning. Deputy to be charged with a "misdemeanor". Still on the force, likely to face a small fine and no time served. Guess a biking Dad's life isn't worth the same as other motorists on the road.IMFUO - isn't this normally "vehicular manslaughter"? Just asking. I understand he is a LEO, but the guy he killed is a husband, Dad, and a long time rider. Wrong place, wrong time????? [:'(]Startin' to smell A LOT like the Janklow incident in SoDak. B4 all the LEO's jump on board, I have coffee at least once a week with the local highway patrol, the deputies and the city cops here. So I am NOT against LEO's, I am upset about killing a biker, and then justwalking. Whether it was a LEO, a politician, asoccer Mom, a teenager on a cell phone, or another biker who was drinking. If it is wrong for one motorists to kill another in an accident, the person holding the wheel is responsible, no matter WHO they be. What would be the status of the biker if he had killed the LEO in an accident? Going to be an interesting "coffee hour" on Wednesday, to say the least. Just my .02 and an update. Here's one of the articles:
http://www.twincities.com/ci_8144504?source=most_viewed

Old 02-02-2008, 12:24 PM
harleyrider8188
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UPDATE- Dakota Cty LEO N Biker

Things like this make me sick to my stomach! Read some of the comments in the article (and look at the comment rating....)!

Hey Jimmy the dork. The "loser cop" didn't see the biker. People don't see motorcycles often because the brain trains itself to look for car-sized objects on the road. Anyone who rides should ride defensively and expect people to pull right in front of you. When I ride I just expect it and have learned how to be ready to take evasive action on a millisecond's notice. Have you ever noticed how Harley riders like to crowd the center lane as though the seas are supposed to just part for them and everyone better just get out of the way? I don't get that. I guess it's cool or something. [/align][/align]

[*]
Posted by: Jon M [/align][*][*]2/2/2008 5:36 AM[*]21053.7 Report as Violation [/ul]

[*]

[/align][/align][/align]Avg5.00,2 votes[/align][/ul]

Motorcycles are death machines and should be banned from public roads. I can't believe that insurance is available. [/align][/align]

[*]
Posted by: Car driver [/align][*][*]2/2/2008 8:02 AM[*]21053.18 Report as Violation [/ul]

[*]

[/align][/align][/align]Avg2.33,3 votes[/align][/ul]

I had to toss in a 1 for the last comment to bring it down....pathetic!