General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy way to flash an ID card?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006 | 04:34 PM
freddc1
Cruiser
Default RE: Easy way to flash an ID card?

before i got my windshield had same problem with my flashing my ez-pass. Got these little neck pouches on lanyard they give out at meetings and shows. Has a clear window and worked fine.

Old 01-17-2006 | 06:03 PM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior

Buy a set of gloves that have the small pocket on the back. Unzip the pocket as you drive up. Hit neutral while still coming to a stop. Show the ID or slide it. Put it back into the glove pocket and ride to your parking place. Remember to rezip the glove pocket before putting the gloves away. That is what I do with my gas credit card. Works like a champ and I don't have to take the gloves off or try to dig out a wallet. .......... BC

Old 01-17-2006 | 08:42 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member

Alot of great ideas floating around.
Sounds like the lanyard is the best idea so far

Old 01-17-2006 | 09:33 PM
Johnny
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Easy way to flash a badge?

ORIGINAL: Qball

How bout a lanyard around your kneck under jacket??
I agree, that way you can unzip your jacket (while moving) just before you get to work and can reach in to pull it out for display when you drive by security.

Old 01-17-2006 | 11:12 PM
mpemulis
|
Advanced

OK well I did the lanyard thing today and it worked fine. So that's cool.

And as a computer geek I had some just sitting around, so it's free.

I think I'm going to keep my eyes on some of these other solutions though, just because they sound kinda cool.

Thanks everyone!

Old 01-18-2006 | 12:09 AM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

Yeah they have those strap on your arm id holders at the px on base. But I just put it in neutral, kickstand down, stand up, take gloves off, reach in pocket for billfold, pull out ID, put id back into billfold,, billfold back in pocket, sit down,gloves on, kickstand up, put in gear and go. Hope your not in a hurry ifn yous behind me.[sm=violin.gif]

Old 01-19-2006 | 02:25 PM
vernh59
Road Warrior

I don't know why they build those guard shacks on an incline like that. Maxwell AFB is like that. Not bike friendly but the AP's have seen it before and are very patient. I do the glove off, billfold out, ID out of the billfold, flash it, ID back in the billfold, glove back on, back in gear and drive off thing. (and I have a sticker!!)[:'(]

Old 01-20-2006 | 01:50 AM
mpemulis
|
Advanced

I hear you about the guard shacks on a hill. I have to go through one that's on a wicked incline. (San Diego is really hilly in case you haven't been here.) A pain.

I don't mind making people behind me wait; what gives me problems though are when the guards *aren't* there and I have to deal with the gate by sliding the card through a reader - the damned barriers are timed to come down too fast. One or two have almost come right down on my head as I'm riding through.

Oh well. It's still better than being in a car.

Old 01-21-2006 | 10:34 AM
intruder400ex
Road Captain

They have those quick release lanyards to incase you ever get it caught on something it has a break away system its also handy if you want to take it off real quick to swipe and then it just clips back on.

Steve

Old 01-21-2006 | 02:14 PM
zopi
Cruiser

I didn't post here at first for some reason..I ride 24/365, since I don't have a car..and I'm active duty navy...(***) I just stop a 1/2 mile or so from the gate, I use one of the less traveled gates...pull off my glove, grab my Id from my pocket and stick it beween my teeth...the gate guards really like it when you already have it out and ready,
if no one is behind me, I sit and talk to the guard while i stick it in my pocket, if not I stop inside the gate when I can get out of traffic and stick it back in my pocket...

Quick Reply: Easy way to flash an ID card?