General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a bike on Ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a bike on Ebay?

Has anyone here bought a bike on ebay? I know that some people get riped off on ebay because they don't know the real value of what they are bidding on. But those of you that know the value of the bike that is on bid, would you consider bidding if the current bid was low?

Old 01-29-2008, 07:09 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: Bought a bike on Ebay?

I purchased my '05 1200C Sportster on Ebay last August. I did the 'buy it now' option as it was exactly what I wanted. Smooth transaction...the seller even transported the bike to South Dakota and was there for 10 days before I arrived to haul back to Idaho on a trailer. Was totally happy with the bike and seller.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:19 PM
HD Don
Advanced

Just make sure sale is subject to final inspection. Some peoples idea of condition may differ from yours. Ask for Hi-Res photos to be emailed to you. Myfriend bought a Corvette ZO6 through ebay. Got a great deal on a great car.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:21 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bought two bikes off ebay and sold three never had a problem either direction.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:24 PM
roxbury241
Novice

Bought a bike off Ebay, seller was local and was able to see bike prior to bidding. Transaction went smooth. Got a good deal.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:28 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought my bike on ebay. Flew 1700 miles to get it. Also bought my car and also sold my previous bike on ebay. I'll go there again for my next similar purchase.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:35 PM
pip369
Road Captain

I found my bike on ebay. The deal didn't close on ebay because the seller ended the deal before the aution was over. It was a local seller so I contacted him and went to inspect the bike. I wasn't really planning on buying it but it was a good deal IMO so I started negoiating. All I had was $80 bucks in cash on me so I put that down on it on the spot. Figured if the guy walks on me I'm out $80. The deal went as smooth as glass. Guy met me athis bank about a week later to close the deal. He had to bring about $3k to get out of his loan. He then drove me to my house to drop my car off andthe factory parts off. Thenhe drove meback to his house to get the bike. I would recommend some type of inspection process prior to the final deal. That is why I bought local. I have bought 2 brand new HD's and one used.As the market is at this time I will conitnue to buy used. Deals are to good topay new prices IMO. You do have to wait and do a little looking but in the end I think it is worth it. You don't get a brand spankin new bike but you will have more coin in the pocket.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:49 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold a 2006z06 corvette, an 05 viper & bought my street glide thru ebay all three deals went very smooth but like others have said buyer beware and if possible spend the money and get an inspection done via an appraisal company. Check the peoples feedback and rating..and when possible use paypal.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:49 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Bought a bike on EBay?

I buy and sell many things on eBay....in the past I used to buy/sell a lot of high dollar Rolex watches....and now I buy and sell bikes, and bike parts on eBay. In fact the 2003 CVO SE-Deuce in my Sig was found and bought through a auction on eBay.....and that is one very hot bike. Got a fantastic deal on it......MSRP was $29,995.00, and dealers were selling for 2-4 thousand over that due to the limited production numbers...but that was back in 03'. Lets just say I got a very good deal on eBay last year with that one....and its a keeper....it aint going back on eBay...in fact it aint going anywhere!

Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 PM
GaryInSanDiego
Cruiser

For CA residents, used non-CA bikes must have at least 7500 miles on them before they can be imported and registered in CA. Kinda limits the field of late model bikes that can be bought out of state.

Quick Reply: Bought a bike on Ebay?