General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Annual Pacific Rally -Final Date Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008 | 01:14 PM
papa_freeman
Tourer
Default RE: 2nd Annual Pacific Rally -Final Date Poll

Not familiar with the Pacific Rally. Can you give a little bit of history or background on this, or is this a new thing. Also, Shasta/Lassen is a big area, do you have the location narrowed down a bit???

Old 01-30-2008 | 01:50 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: papa_freeman

Not familiar with the Pacific Rally. Can you give a little bit of history or background on this, or is this a new thing. Also, Shasta/Lassen is a big area, do you have the location narrowed down a bit???
The 1st Pacific Rally was in the Mammoth/Yosemite area last year.
You can view some pictures here: https://www.hdforums.com/m_2240421/tm.htm

I will be working on Lodging once I'm sure of the date. I would say the area ranges from Weed to Mt. Shasta to Redding and west to Burney. I will try to keep it on the 5 for access if possible. I try to get the best price (group rate) at a decent place....might not be 5 stars but will be better then a roach motel. You'll have the option though of staying where you like.

The Saturday ride is usually approximtely 200 miles. Last year it was approximately 230 miles. I will plan the trip and post the maps well in advance (including a GPS file for the Garmins -- I have a Zumo 550)

Once I have a date and lodging information I'll work on setting up a web site for all that information and registration.

FYI -- ALL BIKES ARE WELCOME! We have a few folks on the forum that ride other bikes or have not bought thier Harley yet.Sometimes you want to bring a friend but they Don't have a Harley. No Problem...they are welcome regardless.

Old 01-30-2008 | 02:12 PM
rockdoc
Tourer

I've been to the Weed area many times and know of a few good rides through the hills down there. Sounds like fun.

Old 01-30-2008 | 05:01 PM
Bluerose

2 dates are running even....Aaaaahhhhh

Old 01-30-2008 | 05:47 PM
NakedSnowman
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

You danced naked on the tables? Dang, and here I thought all the exitement was at the gas station.
Can anyone break a hundo???????? I got 3 different flavors of Tequllia Rose if ya need something to let loose...

Old 01-31-2008 | 06:23 AM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Marine Corp

May 30-June 1 looks good.

The later in the year, the more chance of fires.

I don't have my team schedule in front of me, but it is easier to schedule off days earlier.

Old 01-31-2008 | 10:33 AM
Bluerose

OK, So this is my last bump for the week I'm off to Las Vegas this afternoon with my daughter (Her 21st B-day was yesterday).

I'll take my maps in case I have some time (but I doubt it ).....[&:] When I get back I will prepare the Pacific Rally thread, start contacting the hotels, and get the registration website working. that will keep me busy!

Old 02-03-2008 | 09:19 PM
Bluerose

Looks like May 30 - June 1 !

Give me a day or so and I get something posted. Just got in from Vegas and I'm bushed...

Old 02-03-2008 | 09:42 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm gonna be in shasta again for a golf tourney in June... I hope I can get the time off. If not, maybe I can come up for the night to have dinner with everyone.

Old 02-03-2008 | 09:50 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

I'm gonna be in shasta again for a golf tourney in June... I hope I can get the time off. If not, maybe I can come up for the night to have dinner with everyone.
You know we would be glad to have you either way

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Pacific Rally -Final Date Poll