General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Sturgis question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 04:10 AM
Huey Driver
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Sturgis question...

Dude there are lots of dudes on Japanese sport bikes, its for everyone!

Old 01-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

ORIGINAL: LRonHoover

He might have gotten his *** kicked about 30 years ago.

Nowadays, people bring their kids. Seems like it gets tamer every year [:@]
30 years ago they would have set it on fire! It's Disneyland in leather now.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't believe it.
First Sturgis was 1972, I went on a 1971 CB450 Honda, and my brother rode a 1958 BSA A10 Road Rocket. We stayed in the city park along with everyone else. We even hung out in the HA's bar on Main. No problems whatsoever. (Just don't call 'em RUBs or POSERs )
What you read here is correct. Sturgis, the downtown part, has turned into, for lack of a better word, tourist trap. And yes, you'll even see young parents pushing a stroller thru the throngs of ppl. And there is a campground for every lifestyle. Partying, ol' timerz, quiet timerz and even Christian campgrounds. So pack it up, and head on out. Bring plentee monee and lots of film or disc space. Hell, they even have a "Goldwing" ride thru the Hills. Just be prepared to sit in traffic ALOT.
Just remember this............... "What happens inSturgis, will be on the internet B4 the sun rises again."

Old 01-29-2008, 12:38 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Jap bikes just shouldn't park in the center of main street, might **** off lot's of folks. Have fun, it's a blast. I've been to the rally 3 times, been to the Hills many more than that. I like going in early June to avoid the crowds and ride the roads like they should be ridden, not in a parade of 500,000 bikes.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

The last time I went to Sturgis I rode my BMW. To be honest, nobody really cares what you ride.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Radical
Tourer

I rode a Gold Wing to Sturgis 3 years ago with a buddy on a Heritageand never had a problem...of course I am the meanest looking sombitch you ever laid eyes on. People were friendly and no one gave a **** what you rode as long as you weren't looking for trouble. Saw a guy with too much booze get his *** handed to him at the Broken Spoke but that was it. Great time.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,114 Likes on 626 Posts

He'll be more than welcome - it's a MOTORCYCLE rally, in an area that has great riding and scenery!

The riding is fabulous and unless you really are into hanging out at a bar fo along time you will spend much time in the saddle - much more than Myrtle Beach or Daytona. Tell him to bring his Wing and ride the wheels off it!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:22 PM
HARDasROCK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everyone. I've heard of Sturgis. lot's of bikers there. Having fun. My name is Ray Pitt. I just got a new FatBoy and it's gorgous. I would love to ride up with someone. Or a group even. I would just love to go.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:22 PM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member

Nobody will even notice.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
HARDasROCK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

This year will be my first trip (hopefully). For me, I ride with anyone.. I am not a brand *****... ride what you like, I like HD's, so that is what I have... Personally, I wouldn't give a **** what anyone thought... And, as far as an @sskickin' goes... it would probally do me some good.. I think I will find a GW to ride up there, just for that reason alone, LOL...

That is a beautiful bike, and those long handlebars. I like that. I have fringe on mine.

Quick Reply: A Sturgis question...