General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Harley ISO Grips

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008 | 11:42 AM
Bluerose
Default RE: Kuryakyn Harley ISO Grips

I had them on my Deluxe and loved them....be sure to get the throttle boss also (thought not asnecessary if you have cruise control).

If I hadn't bought HarleyHeated grips on my Ultra I'd be installing them again.

Old 01-27-2008 | 11:47 AM
Cheese Head
Tourer

I had them on my Road King Classic and plan on putting them on my Ultra as soon as it warms up enough to get outside. I personally do NOT like the throttle boss. I have found that it gets in the way and I keep snagging it giving trottle when I don't want to. The good thing about getting it with the throttle boss is that the throttle boss can be easily removed if you find you do not like it. Simply remove a few screws from the end cap, slide off the end cap, slide off the throttle boss and reattach the end cap.

Old 01-27-2008 | 11:50 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

I had them on my Deluxe and loved them....be sure to get the throttle boss also (thought not asnecessary if you have cruise control).

You bought heated grips for your new Harley? Don't you live in Southern Cal?

Old 01-27-2008 | 11:54 AM
Bigbender
Road Captain

You'll really like the ISO's. I put new bars and ISO grips on last year and my hands haven't been numb since.

Old 01-27-2008 | 12:15 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Cryptoboy

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

You bought heated grips for your new Harley? Don't you live in Southern Cal?

Believe it or not it can get down to 30 degrees in LA. Actually this is a touring bike and silly enough I plan on touring.....last year we were chased down the mountian by snow and weather below 40 degrees for a couple of mornings. I hate bulky gloves so I thought I'd try the grips.

Hubby has Heated Gloves and just yesterday bought a heated jacket...He chills faster then me for some reason.[&:]

Back to the Topic:
ORIGINAL: Cryptoboy

I had them on my Road King Classic and plan on putting them on my Ultra as soon as it warms up enough to get outside. I personally do NOT like the throttle boss. I have found that it gets in the way and I keep snagging it giving trottle when I don't want to. The good thing about getting it with the throttle boss is that the throttle boss can be easily removed if you find you do not like it. Simply remove a few screws from the end cap, slide off the end cap, slide off the throttle boss and reattach the end cap.
Sounds like you may have had the throttle boss positioned wrong. When I first had mine installed by the dealer they had place the throttle boss way too high. Would have been great for consistantly doing 80 but not for general use. I readjusted it for comfort at 65 to 70 which worked out well.

Before completely removing it besure to try adjusting it.

I really miss my throttle boss but then I haven't gotten used to cruise control yet.

Old 01-27-2008 | 01:05 PM
rickxx
Tourer

had them on my flstc and put em on my sg. i would recommend them.

Old 01-27-2008 | 01:14 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

Had em on my RK and loved em.

Old 01-27-2008 | 01:32 PM
harleyhusker
|
Cruiser

Thanks everyone for your help. I appreciate the feedback.

Old 01-27-2008 | 01:52 PM
shoptroll
Banned

I loved 'em when I had 'em on my Sporty. Ditto on the small hands with winter gloves effecting your reach to the brake lever. I had to modify my brake lever to reduce the reach.

Old 01-27-2008 | 02:21 PM
Easy Ryder
Advanced

I really like mine.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Harley ISO Grips