General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

going to lynchberg,TN.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 08:53 AM
jose409
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to lynchberg,TN.

anybody ever been to the jack daniels brewery? we are going down in may. anybody from tenn here would like to hear from you

Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: going to lynchberg,TN.

It's in a dry county....go figure. They give ya samples of a fudge as I recall thats made with JD, WOW was it good !! Tour is kinda cool. Didnt get to ride in the area as I was in Nashville on Business and took a little side trip.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Night Crawler
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

From the looks of your avatar, you’ll have an excellent time! It’s a scenic ride and great way to spend a day.

The distillery has motorcycle only parking near the front entrance, the obvious “must see” tours, several gift shops and even though it’s a dry county there is a whiskey store that sells rare and collectable serial numbered bottles of Jack Daniel’s you can’t buy anywhere else except the distillery. Once you get home, you can get online and register your bottles with JD’s and they’ll send you a certificate of ownership that reflects your bottle’s serial number. So, make sure you have some empty saddlebag/luggage space.

The last time I was there I bought a rare and serial numbered bottle of the 1954 Gold Medal whiskey awarded the Star of Excellence to the distillery that year in the Brussels, Belgium whiskey judging contest.

Head for Lynchburg after you’ve wound up the distillery tour and there’s a huge JD’s store you can spend at least an hour or more in. They have everything from shot glasses to poker tables and chairs made from oak barrels. There’s also an independent biker shop that sells leathers and biker related stuff. There are several restaurants around the town square too.

If you appreciate JD’s the way I do, it’s must see, must do trip. You won’t be disappointed and, like me, you’ll probably want to make it an annual pilgrimage.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:11 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I GOTTA GO!!

TAKE CLOSE LOOK AT MY DERBY COVER
l
l
V

Old 01-27-2008, 01:35 PM
MyRide7
Tourer

Like the above have said worth going to....if you have time run up toeard Bardstowh Ky. and check out all the other Distillieres as well. been a long time since I have been in the area.........Marty

My spelling sucks..............Run up toward Bardstown, KY!!! Heaven Hill? Beam? cant recall some may be moved.....
ORIGINAL: jose409

anybody ever been to the jack daniels brewery? we are going down in may. anybody from tenn here would like to hear from you

Old 01-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Vicrider
Cruiser

I live about 45 minutes from there. Never been on the "tour" but I have "toured" the area. The town square is a pretty cool place to just hang out at on a bike. Mostly bikes park on the square. The roads around the area are great for riding on. Very scenic and just plain fun to ride. I'll ride up there on a weekend afternoon and it's good for a few hours. Good people and some cool looking bikes. Great prices on leather too. Not a typical "touristy" thing with outrageous prices like you would think. You won't be getting raped with the prices of the local merchants either. There's a big bike event there every year on Fathers Day. Here's the link: http://www.lynchburgmotorcyclerally.com/

Old 01-27-2008, 01:48 PM
BK Meyers
Cruiser

[quote]ORIGINAL: MyRide7

Like the above have said worth going to....if you have time run up toeard Bardstowh Ky. and check out all the other Distillieres as well. been a long time since I have been in the area.........Marty

My spelling sucks..............Run up toward Bardstown, KY!!! Heaven Hill? Beam? cant recall some may be moved.....
[quote]ORIGINAL: jose409

Bardstown has Heaven Hill, Jim Beam, 4 Roses, and Makers Mark (in nearby Loretto Ky) to name a few. In Sept. there is a Bourbon Festival in Bardstown. Nice town. Also home to My Old Kentucky Home, and there is a play about Stephen Foster.

Goodthread concerning the Lynchburg MotorcycleRally. My wife and I have it on our "list of runs and rallies" for 2008!!! We've never been either and are looking forward to it.

Later,
BK

Old 01-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Hops
Outstanding HDF Member

The last time I was at the distillery JD was making their own beer. Like Night Crawler said, at the distillery you could buy limited edition bottles of whiskey, but they couldn't sell their beer. Down in the town square, you could buy the beer, but couldn't buy the whiskey. It is also my understanding because of their "DRY" status, you were not even allowed to sit on your front porch and drink. It is a cool tour and the area is great for riding. Get a map and check out the back roads.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:14 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40,176 Likes on 13,549 Posts

Itook the tour the first time in 1981,back then you actually got to go inside where the workers were bottling and working.About 7yrs. ago i went back and the tour was more restricted but it was still nice.If you want to eat at MARY BOBO'S rest. make sure you have reservations(great home cooking).Ride about an hour south and tour LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN ,you will like the views.I've never been to that rally but i'm planning on it this year.Finally I totally agree if you get a chance to ride to BARDSTOWN,KY you will like a tour of MAKERS MARK DISTILLERY,a good place to eat there is the TALBOTT TAVERN, it's said to be haunted.