General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 06:59 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

F&S Harley Davidson in Dayton, Ohio. The parts department is replacing my rear chrome axle cover on my 08 1200C after I over tighten it and broke BOTH sides. I just happen to go in to the stealer yesterday and told the parts guy about it and admited that it was all my fault for over tighten it. Patrick said let me see what I can do for you. He went back to the parts room and came back to the computer at the parts desk and ordered me another rear chrome axle cover set. He said just bring in the old set and the new set is on the house. Thanks You, Patrick. Oh by the way I'm going to let the service department put the new one on, I always get too tork happy.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:27 AM
ChiliMon
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sierra Vista HD, AZ Very friendly people. They go out of therir way to help you.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:37 AM
binkley2
Intermediate
Default Gruene HD, New Braunfels TX

With larger dealers within 50 miles in any direction, I take my hat off to Gruene HD. I have bought three bikes from three differnet dealers in the last three years and the purchase at Gruene was the best. I also had Gruene arrange the financing for a sporty I had. They have worked on all of my bikes and I only had one probloem, which Mitch the service manager made right. The girls in the dealership are friendly and the parts guys know their crap. I have had friends go in with emergency break down work and they always got the extra mile.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:40 AM
doghair
Road Warrior
Default Fletcher's Harley-Davidson - Clearwater FL

I am in Phoenix but Mom is in Pinellas Park. I asked her to go light on the BDay presents this year so she decided to go for her first visit to a Harley dealer. She called me to say how overwhelmed she was with how well she was treated there. She said absolutely everyone there both staff and customers were a joy to be around. She couldn't get over the service in the clothing section and that they even showed her a Softail Deluxe since she has never seen mine in person. They found some fun cheap things for her to send to me and I appreciate that sincerely since they are like most of us right now not having copious money to spend.

I don't often wear dealer shirts but will wear this one and tell everyone that Fletcher's rocks because they take care of my Mom.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:40 PM
KodiakTrading
Stage IV
Default Mikes HD New Castle DE

Kevin B and Scott H went so far beyond the call of duty it stuns people when I tell them. I didnt even buy my bike from them, I found a private party deal that I could not pass on. I work in sales at a car dealership, and I do what I can when I can for anyone. But for Scott to introduce me to Kevin, and for Kevin to help me out getting through DMV the way he did is service above and beyond anything I have experienced anywhere.
I hope Kevin likes the Dreamcatcher I made for him, and what maintenance I dont do myself, will be done at Mikes HD New Castle DE. Thanks.
ps - Amy, thank you too, it was a breath of fresh air talking with you.
Michael

Old 10-29-2009, 12:43 AM
plumpbiker
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike's Famous, Groton,Ct. The best!! A week ago Friday night, 1:00AM, I'm bolting on my new V&H true duals and I cross thread a stud on the motor.Called Dominic (service mgr.)at Mike's Saturday morning, told him what I did. He sent a trailer within a half hour, picked the bike up, took it right in and I was out riding before noon.I was going to ride the bike to Mike's on saturday or Tuesday (closed Sun & Mon ) to get the download done for the stage one after I had the exhaust and high flow air filter installed. They repaired the threads on the motor,finished installing the exhaust, installed the air cleaner and did the download. They barely charged me for the extra work and didn't cahrge at all for the pick up. I think all the extra stuff cost me 20 or 30 bucks. I thought I was going to pay through the nose for the stripped stud. Here I was trying to save a buck and install the new pipes and that could have turned out ugly for me. I've bought 5 new bikes from Mike's since they bought this shop in 2004. They treat me like a rock star and their prices on the bikes can't be beat. Every employee addresses me by my first name, they're couteous, pleasant and act like they appreciate my business. Five stars for sure, six would be more like it.Tell them Stan sent you when you go.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:36 PM
ThreatLevel Midnight
Road Master
Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Kutter Harley Davidson in Janesville Wisconsin.
Made them a ridiculous offer based on their website ad. They called me a day later to say "We can make that deal"...so we did. ($1,000 off of advertised price, plus $700 additional accessories at no extra charge!) Very friendly, helpful, conscientious, and no-nonsense!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Grumps
Cruiser

Battlefield Harley Gettysburg, PA
I'd give them ***** (5*)
Friendly, knowledgeable, helpful.
I got my UC there. Added an alarm which I had to wait to have shipped in as it was out of stock the day I paid for and picked up my bike. They had it within a couple of days and called the moment it came in. Literally within minutes.
When I went back to have it installed and do some shopping they had patience with me and my novice questions, found exactly what it was I was looking for and answered my questions.
From the first day I wandered in doing my price comparisons and looking, the staff has been wonderful. Sales to follow through and service. There may be a H/D dealer slightly closer to me and I know there are close by local shops that specialize in H/D's but Battlefield has won my loyalty.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 PM
purestockracer
Cruiser
Default excellent dealers

Groves harley davidson in winchester virginia !!!!!!!!!!! Enuff said !!! They get 10 out of 4 stars !!

Old 11-07-2009, 02:41 AM
scoobysteve
Cruiser

Orlando Harley Kissimmee.
Great place really nice people and I got a deal of a lifetime there on my 09 Fat bob. 5*

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences