General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 04:35 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Awesome Customer Service in Texas

Hey folks

Just wanted to pass good and bad word from dealers in Texas. I was changing out brake pads to some new Lyndall pads and in the process I destroyed on of the little clips that keeps the pad pin from backing out. This clip is likely no more than a 25 cent part, but I would imagine important and I would also imagine that these little boogers get misplaced alot during a brake pad change or interval maintenance.

Anyway - I went to my closest dealer Dallas Harley-Davidson to speak with them about getting a replacement. Parts guy says that they can sell me a pin kit for $7.95 but have none in stock and take 5 days or I can buy a set of brake pads that they do have in stock for $45'ish dollars.

I said no thanks because I have a trip I am going on this weekend. He says sorry, out of luck. Too bad, so sad. I went around back to the service dept to ask if they had a spare that they could sell me. If they do a brake job, they would have an extra throw-away clip now. He says No and was a bit better with attitude, but I cannot imagine them not having any. I go about my merry way.

I go home and call a dealer farther away from me (HD or North Texas in Carrollton). They try to help but had the same story regarding the kit. I asked them about a throw-away piece in the service dept. He says that he will have to do some research and call me back. 5 minutes later he did. He says to come by whenever I want and he has it waiting for me.

To me...that is customer service. They were friendly and treats customers like they are special. Now I will go tomorrow and get my clip (for free), then drop some change on gear while I am there. The other store gets nothing.

If you are in the DFW area, this store and their sister store (American Eagle Harley Davisdon in Corinth (Denton area) are incredible people. I highly recommend them.

Stay away from the Garland store.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:39 PM
steve (bubba) hill
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the best

Abernatheys harley davidson in Union City Tn
best i've ever been to

Old 10-14-2009, 02:49 PM
beerguz
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kane's Calgary, been going there for a couple of years now, great service, good mechanics and parts people. I actually enjoy spending my money there, which could be a bad thing. E.S.T. 1957.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:43 PM
papajack
Intermediate
Default big bear cycles

was on a ride thru southeastern oklahoma and arkansas a couple of weeks ago. me, the wife, my sister and nephew all came down of the mountian into Mena Arkansas. my nephews bike was making a bad knocking sound. stopped at Big Bear Cycles in Mena. they called in a mechanic, ( his day off) he showed up, found the problem, ( nut holding the front chain sprocket on was working loose) fixed it and the charge was minimal. we were on our way in a couple of hours, great reasonable service. saved our trip. now thats a place you don't mind doing business with.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:09 PM
KAUFMANSM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Legends Harley in Roxbury NJ is a class act

I went to take delivery of my new 2010 fxdwg today the weather was crap(snow & rain in October) in NJ. The with out me asking offered to put my bike in a enclosed trailer and deliver it right to my garage. Everybody there couldnt be nicer.
They are a class act! Thanks Glen, Wayne, Hubbs and Howie.
I will tell many!

Old 10-16-2009, 12:41 AM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain
Thumbs up Henderson h.d.

Just wanted to say thankz to Mike & John at Henderson Harley for helping me with my bike while traveling thru to Phoenix a few weeks ago.They stopped to take time to listen to me & my bike.The experience was awesome!No insinuating that I did something to the bike,no questions as to who did the service or,that my bike wasn't completely stock so the warranty could be flagged.Great Job Guys.I'll be back(in a good way)!Regards,Tom

Old 10-16-2009, 07:00 AM
GGoodall
1st Gear
Default Groves, Winchester, VA - Good Dealer - In process....

I'm in the process of steppin' up from my Honda Rebel to my 20 year desire to get my first Harley. Have been working with Mike at Grove's Harley in Winchester, VA. He has been really great in helping to educate me about the Harley family and working with me to determine what's the right ride for me. Along the way, he has been helping me with my riding skills as I'm still fairly new to riding. He's been slow and patient yet super responsive. Moving towards a Dyna Glide Custom. Stay tuned...........

Old 10-16-2009, 07:03 AM
doorsidedown
Road Captain

Grove's Harley Davidson in Winchester, VA get's an A++ in my book. If you need parts, ask for Rick. If you need service, ask for Kenny. (4.8)

Old 10-17-2009, 12:30 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered a new Fatboy from Texan Harley in Conroe, TX, and so far it has been a good experience. They gave me the best price within a few hundred miles radius with a no pressure sale. I should have the bike in about 4-6 weeks.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:09 AM
streetg7
Road Captain

Adventure Harley Dover, Ohio good ,friendly people..rated #6 in the country

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences