General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Sputnik Steve
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dillon Brothers HD in Omaha Nebraska
5 stars. Wonderful people. I like buying things from people that I like.

My gas tank has a small dent in it, but they are replacing it at their cost. This alone is nothing special, but they threw in a quick release windshield just for giggles.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:19 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to publicly thank Chunky River Harley-Davidson in Maridian, MS.

My husband called yesterday from Interstate 20 about 50 miles from their shop. He had a flat tire. He could hardly get any reception so asked me to get assistance. I called HOG assistance, but they were taking way too long, so looked up any H-D shops in the area and found Chunky River.

Bob, the GM, was hitchin up the trailer as we were talking! He went out and got husband, put a new tire on, washed his bike and had him back on the road!

Thank you to Bob, Ron and all, at Chunky River Harley-Davidson.

Last edited by TwiggyAZ; 09-17-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Omnibus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mrkicks
Chicago Harley....great folks and great prices.
been there, very good

Old 09-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Banglee9
Stage I

I took the Rider's Edge class last year at a HD in VA. I spent 4 days in the HD place looking at new bikes, talking to reps ... as did all the class participants. I went back a week later and the sales rep acted like he didn't know me and didn't have the time of day for a me (a woman? Did I look poor? What?) He finally ran a credit check and was going to "get back with me." HA! He left me several messages saying I "could afford any bike in the store."

Meanwhile, I had gone to the SOUTH RICHMOND, VIRGINIA HD STORE. Saw the bike I wanted and had it bought within an hour. Delivered the next day! I went back a few weeks later to buy a windshield and the guy recognized me and we had a nice coversation. And I have been back since with the same warm welcome. And the parts department was awesome when it came to questions/answers and getting a few parts! I now drive over an hour out of my way to give them my business instead of the one I pass enroute to and from work.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Ultra 08
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Banglee9
I took the Rider's Edge class last year at a HD in VA. I spent 4 days in the HD place looking at new bikes, talking to reps ... as did all the class participants. I went back a week later and the sales rep acted like he didn't know me and didn't have the time of day for a me (a woman? Did I look poor? What?) He finally ran a credit check and was going to "get back with me." HA! He left me several messages saying I "could afford any bike in the store."

Meanwhile, I had gone to the SOUTH RICHMOND, VIRGINIA HD STORE. Saw the bike I wanted and had it bought within an hour. Delivered the next day! I went back a few weeks later to buy a windshield and the guy recognized me and we had a nice coversation. And I have been back since with the same warm welcome. And the parts department was awesome when it came to questions/answers and getting a few parts! I now drive over an hour out of my way to give them my business instead of the one I pass enroute to and from work.
+1 for South Richmond

Old 09-19-2008, 03:33 PM
dsigrist
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Longhorn HD, Grand Prairie, TX

I've got to cast a vote for Longhorn HD in Grand Prairie, TX. I recently purchased a 2002 Road King from them and the whole looking/sales process went great but shame on me I didn't test the cruise control before I signed the paperwork. I took it in this week to be fixed fully expecting to pay the $50 deductable on my extended warranty. Without anything more than a passing comment about just picking it up about 3 weeks ago the service guys said they’d take care of it.

Also my wife bought a new pair of HD gloves to use during a rider safety course and she noticed that the stitching in one small spot seemed to be giving way. Even after wearing them all weekend she took them back and the MotorClothes manager said she’d order her a replacement pair right away since they had no more in stock.

We’re early in our relationship but as for me they’re 3 for 3.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:28 PM
HilmarHD
2nd Gear

Fritz's H-D, Stamford CT was a great place, nice people and great service.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:16 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Didn't read every post but just want to say St Augustine HD in FL deserves recognition in this Thread although are 3 Dealers closer by to me.. These guys and gals go all out and are top notch in sales and service as well... How Many dealers do you know that post Out the Door Stickers rather than stack things all up add this and that to what makes the Sales Price about 3/4 of the total... These Guys do..

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 09-27-2008 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
jbphoto
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Kudos to West Virginia Harley Davidson (Charleston)

There are so many posts slamming dealer / stealers for what they do or don't do. Here's one experience with a great dealership.

My shift linkage broke this past Saturday about 150 miles from home. I always carry zip ties so in a few minutes I was back on the road being very gentle with the left foot. I called WV Harley on Tuesday morning (service closed on Monday) and they said just bring it on in. I brought it in this morning expecting to wait an hour or so before they could even get to it but before I could walk around the showroom twice, Johnny, the Service Mgr. came up to me and said I'm good to go. The shift rod had been replaced.

The reason I'm posting this is because that is how I'm treated every single time I come into the dealership. Now, other than the fact that I bought my bike from them, I'm really a nobody so I'm making a very educated and informed guess that that's how they treat everyone.

Last edited by jbphoto; 09-24-2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: corrected service days closed
Old 09-24-2008, 02:41 PM
OsoFat
Cruiser

Just wanted to add another kudo for American Eagle in Corinth, TX. Skully was a great guy to deal with. Tried hard to push new pipes, SERT, Maintenance package, etc., but not too bad. I figure he's got to make a livin'. Everything AE sells is at MSRP, which is less than most of the dealers I spoke with in the Dallas area.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences