General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:29 PM
ewhinger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Indy shop in NoVA

Has anyone had any experience with Nostalgic Cycles in the Manassas/Nokesville area?
Thanks.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:24 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Apple HD in Duncansville PA

Got to give credit where it is due. Have a two year old Deuce that I bought new and as it was at the end of the model year at the time, they knocked off the shipping and prep. And they didn't even have the bike there, they found it 150 miles away and picked it up there. No others dealers I checked with would do the same.

Now, my Uncle and I deceided we both wanted 09 Ultras. Talked to Apple about a deal if we both bought and they gave the same deal again. Dropped the shipping and prep. Pretty decent for the first part of the model year. Then as it turned out, I convinced another friend who was close to buying a Goldwing that he needed a Ultra. And Apple extended this deal to him. Just a pat on the back for the guys at Apple.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:01 PM
hot77vette
Tourer

I bought a new 08 screaming eagle dyna from ocala hd 5 weeks ago put 1300 miles on the bike and realised it was not comfortable enough for the long rides i like to take .so monday i called kenny (finance manager ) and explained my problem bottom line i traded it in for an 09 streetglide .the best part is yet to come i told kenny i wanted the streetglide but couldn,t get to the dealer until saturday he asked me what time i got home from work i told him 4:30 he said he would deliver the bike & pickup the dyna when i got home at 4:30 my streetglide was setting in the yard i opened the garage pulled out the dyna the delivery guy put the dyna on the trailer then we went in the house signed all the paper work took about 20 minutes.in my opinion these are great people & they work with you great dealership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 02:28 PM
firemanfd1
Stage IV
Default Great HD dealership

I would highly recommend Yeager's Cycle in Sedalia Missouri. This is a great group of folks. I live up in the Kansas City area and shopped around at several dealerships. Yeager's prices, customer service, and there caring attitude attracted me. I could of bought/serviced in town. But whats a 2 hour drive when you get treated well and treated like family not just another customer. This is a five star dealership.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:37 AM
TennesseeJed
Tourer
Default Faribault HD

its 2005 i think and the Mn. HOG rally is in Faribault. 5 of us ride down from northern MN on fri. and arrive around 10pm. my problem is, when we arrive, i only have 5th gear. will not downshift. i borrow a bros. shovel and ride over to the fairgrounds and tell someone who appears to be a rentacop. he says, ' hold on a sec', and call his buddy who is the owner of Faribault HD. hands me his phone and i tell the HD owner my prob. i did not have a Harley, i had a custom CMC softail with 88" S&S motor and CMC tranny. owner asks if i can get the bike to his shop or would i prefer a tow. i managed to get the ride there @ midnite and there they are to open the door and take my custom softail in. says they will 'git er dun' right away sat. morn. turns out the downshift tang had broke off and they replaced with a Harley part by noon or so. even washed the bike up for me. smiles all around. $300 fix. i got a slight break on the labor as i dint get charged for the last hour.

got my '09 FLTRCI last fri. and sold the CMC to a bro for what my dealer quoted for trade-in. still smilin'

Old 09-11-2008, 08:48 AM
dobeman21
Cruiser
Default City Limits Harley???

I am sure some have had good experiences with them-but they gave me heartache for a week. I negotiated a deal with one of their salesmen, put my money down and then waited, and waited, and waited. They kept stringing me along telling me that the trade was good to go, but after doing some investigating, the trade for the bike I had made a deal for never tok place-caught them in their lie. I don't know why they would have done this, but it was very upsetting. They did refund me very quickley however (after stating I intended to contact the better business bureau). Recommendation-stay away.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:50 PM
weskey4
Intermediate
Cool Uk...

Originally Posted by sheriff fatman
Ok what about some uk dealers??
I lived in Suffolk county for 4 years...black bear stunk...Couldn't find a good dealer on the island! Sorry...

Old 09-14-2008, 09:58 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HD of Central Maine Hermon/Bangor hooked a brother up. Fried a stator 400 miles from home and they got me right in and right out. Wrote a letter to MOCO about the service, MOCO rep called my house about a week later which was a shock.

And my hats off to all the great staff at HD of Centra Maine, you guys rock!

Old 09-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Otter33
Cruiser

I am giving credit to Sauk Prairie Harley Davidson in Sauk City, WI (http://saukprairiehd.com/). I live in Washington state and have road my bike back to Wisconsin twice now to visit family and Sauk Prairie HD have always treated me and my bike with great care. I have managed to have both my 5000 and 10000 mile service done there and within a day, start the 1900 mile trek back to Washington. Last time I was there they were able to squeeze my service in despite the 105th celebration ending the day before. Even stored my bike overnight when I wasn't able to get back in time. My bike has come out of the shop freshly washed and clean, fully serviced and ready to go. Their sales people spent a lot of time talking with me while I waited out a rain storm and they have a great clothes and outlet store. A week later, they even called me long distance to ensure I was happy with the service I received at their shop. That's customer loyalty in my book.
Kudos to a great store and all the great people that work there.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:51 PM
hogsolo
Intermediate
Default McGuire in Walnut Creek, CA

McGuire in Walnut Creek, CA. Bought first Harely there, knowledgeable sales guys. Service dept is great too. ****+.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences