General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 03:43 PM
JKK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Dallas Harley Davidson in Garland TX http://www.dallashd.com/

This review is in regard to the parts department only. I have no experience with service or sales. Im rating them an honest 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Ive been in there a lot since acquiring a low mileage 2003 FLSTCI, needed some minor work here and there. Every time, I mean every time Ive been there to get a part the sales staff has bent over backwards to help and I was not prepared for the friendliness at all.

I neededa couple ofturn signal lenses, but they were out of stock. The parts guy apologized but said wait, then went out on the floor and got a set of 4 off the display and took 2 out for me.

Today I needed a tranny drain plug O-ring, a $0.95 item. The place was packed it was a Saturday and every parts guy was busy with customers selling chrome or running boardsor lots of other high end goodies. I had been standing in line at the counterabout 2 minutes and the parts manager came out of his office to ask if I had been helped. I got my O-ring in less time than it took to find a parking space. And it was Saturday! I hate shopping on freakin Saturday but I gotta tell ya this kind of service is rare and very unfamiliar to me. Every employee in this place treats you like an old friend I am impressed if not amazed.

(the only reason I didnt go full 5 stars is the parts salesmen dont always know a tech detail or application but they always go ask someone and find out, so what the Heck 5 stars it is!

Old 06-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Cotto
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chitown-Tinley Park, IL

Got a 2008 Herritage Classic 105th Anniv. for under MSRP plus they waived all doc, prep etc. They disounted new exhaust w/o me having to ask since I purchased my bike from them. Salesmam (Dennis) was very friendly, no pressure and knew products well. Service dept has been excellent and very fast in getting bike back to me. The girls that sell clothing are not only very friendly but easy on the eyes. Although Cete is closer, I will return to Chitown.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 AM
sacdog51
Advanced

Elk Grove in California.

****+

I rolled off the lot with a great bike. 1 week later had an oil leak. Took it back and they were great in their service and fast turnaround. Told me that the bolts in the oil filter housing were dripping and they repaired it. Hasn't dripped any oil since. Nice people and knowledgeable.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Seadog57
Advanced

Hampton Roads Harley Davidson should be added to the list of outstanding dealers!!! I just bought my first new bike in 30 years an 08,Sportster 883 XL.Jason Peters was my salesman and took care of me!From the deal to financing and delivery these folkshad a great attitude and are really easy to work with.Oh yeah I really love thebike and when the old ladies car is payed off in a few years will probobly move up a a road king or an Ultra Classic.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:46 AM
affatboy04
Stage II

Big Sky HD (Great Falls, MT) has great people working there. I bought both my HDs from them. Great sales personnel (Dave), parts and service depts are great to work with as well. Never had a bad experience with them.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:26 PM
roadkingrick
Cruiser

Shout out for Tecumseh HD, in Tecumseh MI.&nbsp\\;
bought my bike there, my sales rep. jessica was very nice.. been back a few times to buy some other things.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;clothing and parts service people are top notch good people too.
i'd give them a ***** rating in my dealings with them so far.

also American HD in Ann Arbor, MI.&nbsp\\;
took my riders edge course there and the all the staff there were very nice..&nbsp\\; Norm and Carl have got to be the best instructors around, not sure how you can get better then those two. clothing/parts/service people are all nice and helpful. i'd give them ***** also.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-04-2008, 11:57 PM
OregonFXSTC
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: SPRINGER

Shumate HD in Kennewick, Wash. They have been very friendly and helpful whenever I went there. This last summer when a mistake was made when they were putting some new apes on my Springer, they paid in full for the whole thing, even for the free pickup and delivery when they had to reorder and redo the apes. They even paid for my motel room when I had to stay overnite. Since I've had no complaints with them, I give them 5 stars.
&nbsp\\;
+1 what he said they treat you right, I will buy my next bike from them no matter where I live.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:04 PM
james_f
Intermediate

Excellent service at Carolina Coast Harley Davidson.&nbsp\\; Salesman by the name of John.&nbsp\\; Took good care of me and got me a good deal.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:50 PM
coyoties
Cruiser

I was in Illinois&nbsp\\; this week and had an opportunity to visit LEGACY H.D., just stopped in for a T-shirt and found them to be very helpful and courteous. I don't know anything about the&nbsp\\;service staff, but my bro-inlaw, said he is happy with them. So a 4.+ is the rating

Old 06-09-2008, 10:27 AM
vega823
Road Master

&nbsp\\;
I had a great experience at Liberty Harley Davidson in Rahway, NJ.&nbsp\\; Was treated with respect and the entire staff was friendly and helpful.
Lots of good stuff to say about them, not enough space.&nbsp\\; Definitely a 5 star operation.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences