General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Harley Davidson of Greenvile, SC.

Was on an 18 day trip and wore out the rear tire about half way through the trip. Stopped in on Sat am and told them of my dilema. They got me right in and changed the tire. Mechanic came out and told be he heard a "clunk" when starting my bike, mind if he takes the primary off to look for the problem? I said go right ahead. He found the internals of the compensator were starting to wear due to a weakened spring and the compensator being loose. They did not have the parts, but he stretched the spring, tightened everything up good, reinstalled the primary and even put synthetic back in at my request - all under warranty. I was in and out in about 2 hours and thrip continued. Great service!

Best part was they even put on the work invoice what is needed and I will be taking it in to my local dealer for repairs. They will be able to order the parts in advance and minimize my down time.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:19 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Black Hills HD, Rapid City, South Dakota.......My bike was brought ina week ago from Wisconsin. I picked it up last Thursday. The Manager, Kirk didn't charge me storage....Jason, along with Tim loadedthe bike, tied it down and I was back on the road home to Boise, ID. These people are A+.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:18 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gotta give Smokey Mountain HD in Maryville TN another 'plug'...had a flat coming out of Cades Cove about 3pm yesterday ...Park ranger (wish I had got his name) had his dispatch contact HOG and SMHD...HOG paid the $100 haul bill and we arrived at SMHD about 4:45pm...about6pm I was back on the road with a new tube and 1 hour labor charge....not bad service for Sunday evening...4.9 outta 5 from my experience...couldnt give them a 5 cause nobody offered me a free beer.....:&gt

Old 09-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Tara0601
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laugermans's Harley in York PA.

Always friendly, helpful and down to earth. We took the little ones there one day "just to look" and the counter people came over and gave us one of those disposable cameras for free so we could take pictures of the kids sitting on all the bikes. We are going to be buying my new bike from them very very soon and am looking forward to how they treat us during that process.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:45 PM
jedsporty883
Tourer

Just to let you know, the new Pigeon Forge branch of Smoky Mountain H-D is now open. Much smaller, but should be just as good as the Maryville location. It's just off the Parkway at Wears Valley Rd.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:31 PM
firestop52
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Charlies H-D in Huntington WV so far has been great, everyone is friendly and has bent over backwards to help me, and I didn't even buy my bike there. Also they have a great museum.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Gucci
Novice

Whenin Australia, anywhere in Australia, there is only one man to see, when the aquisition of a Harley Davidson isessential. His name is John Navara-Smith of Trivett Harley Davidson, Sydney.

He is a motor cycle tragic (just like us), further morehe isa very decent bloke with many miles (both road and dirt)under his belt.

Visit the showroomat Trivett and he will treat you exactly as you expect to be treated (dosen't happen much anymore).

I have been a customer of his for years (purchased two BMW's at competitive prices). My recent purchase of a 2007 Fatboy was athe same experience (good priceand great service).

Never, ever buy a HD (downunder)without speaking to John.

Happy trails
Gucci

Old 09-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Tuckahoe
Banned

Battley HD of Gaithersburg,MD

Contact Bingo in used HD

We couldn't have ask for a better guy to work with. The whole shop was great!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ghost Town HD in Waynesville, NC. I was traveling to Maggie Valley, NC last week and my bike starting running rough/missing/coughing, just running bad. I stopped in and spoke to the service mgr, and she had a tech, Jason, check it out. He found a bad intake manifold gasket, actually it rolled under, and it was replaced along with two service bulletins from 2001 and fixed me right up. I was back riding the mountains that afternoon. Great service. I've been riding up to Maggie Valley the past 6 yrs and these guys always take care of me. This dealer is owned by Gene Lummus in Swannanoa, NC

Old 09-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Tara0601
Cruiser

Not an "official" HD dealer but WINEBRENNER MOTOR SERVICE in Hanover PA sells "american made" cycles. They are sales and service and we just bought my 2004 883 Custom there today. I left that building feeling like a million bucks. They are very nice, non-pushy and seem to really care about their customers.And not only amI getting a T-shirt.... but they are also throwing in a helmet and a solo seat for me. Great guys there and I would recommend the shop to anyone. T

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences