General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:41 PM
sslblv59
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

On a week's vacation to the SF Bay area in May 2007, my '99 RK front motor mount broke. We rode to the new Dudley Perkins shop location on a Sunday morning were on the rode again before noon. They were great! A week after we got home, a Thank You card arrived from the service department containing coupons and a hand-written note. They exceeded our expectations.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:12 PM
deuceaholic
Intermediate

Two big thumbs up to Domenico's in Kaneohe, HI. They are a class act, and understand customer service. I bought my deuce used from a private seller; no matter, these guys treat everyone with respect. I've had two service appointments with them, and both times the customer service has been excellent, and price is better than the other guys (Cycle City).

My first service appointment was for the 1,000 mile service about a month ago. I call on a Thursday and ask for a price quote, and they tell me $160 plus parts. I ask how soon can I bring it in. They say Sat morning at 9. I pull in on Sat at about 9:30. They call me back at 12, and say bike is ready. They changed the oil, filter, and trans fluid, and check all the other stuff on the 1,000 mile checklist. Final price out the door with parts and tax is $216. Mine you, this Hawaii, where prices are high. I get my bill, and walk up to the cashier to pay. The guy behind the counter is helping another customer, looks at me and says, "I'll be right with you sir." He finishes the transaction, and takes care of me.

Today, I took my bike back to have them install a lowering kit. The Progressive lowering kit was $134. I know I could've gotten it cheaper on ebay, but they had it in stock. Service guy says two hours. I drop of the bike a 9:30. At noon they call me back and say it's all done. He only charged me for hour and a half labor. He gives me the original parts in the container that the Progressive kit came in. Different cashier guy at the parts counter when I pay the bill, but same customer service. He's helping another customer and tells me he'll be right with me.

These guys are straight forward and help you as soon as you walk in the door. That's on the showroom floor, parts counter, and in the service department.

As a disclaimer, I'm not related to anyone at Domenico's, I don't own the store, and I don't have friends working there. But, they've impressed me to the point that they'll get all of my business.

P.S. There are two other Harley dealers on the island of Oahu. Both are terrible in customer service, outside of trying to sell you a bike. I'll post about them in the Bad Dealer's thread.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:30 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back from closing a deal on a 2007 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic (Fire Red and Black Pearl). The folks at Zion Harley in Washington, UT (southern part of state near St. George) were GREAT to work with. Jim, Jeff, and Alan really worked hard to make this deal happen. Thanks guys, now it's time to start going through the parts/accessories catalog.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:16 AM
streetglide007
Intermediate

Groves Winchester Harley, Winchester Virginia. (*****)
I've bought the last 3 from them and will go back again. I'm having some issues with my '07 Streetglide and showed up unannounced on a Saturday afternoon to make my rattle problem official (on paper). Within minutes a tech took my bike for a test run, brought it back, said that a problemexisted, pulled it on a liftand got to work on it. Closing time was looming, it's started raining,I'm 100 miles from home, and my bikes torn down. (Fun, huh)
They gave me a SG demo (actually the one I test rode last November), and said they'd call me when my bike was ready. Now that's above and beyond! If only I had switched the windshield off my bike!!! That shorty is horrible in the rain, I almost drowned from breathing in water!!! I'm 6'4". Thanksagain guys, I hope you can make it work like it should.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:26 PM
roofgunner
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll recommend Worth Harley-Davidson in Gladstone, MO. (Kansas City area). All the dealers I talked to in the KC area were great, but when it came to getting a Peace Officer edition bike, Worth has some retired officers there that know the H-D programs for Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:43 PM
molly
Intermediate

I agree with Zopi. I just bought a pre-owned Harley Sporty 1200 Custom from Outer Banks Harley (Elizabeth City, NC) last weekend, and everyone there was great! Salesman was "Axel"...He is a very nice helpful man, and a great salesman! (Not pushy, but very helpful with questions, etc.) Bayside is great too. You can tell them what you are interested in, and they will stay in touch by phone keeping you updated on all trade-ins. You don't get service like this very often these days.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:23 PM
ksscooter
Cruiser

Topeka Harley Davidson in Topeka Kansas keeps making the Top 100 dealers list. They deserve it. I've done business with them since 1980 and I can't recall a single negative experience. The service department is excellent, everybody on the staff is your friend, the owner is hands on, and they support the community including sponsoring the HOG group and a huge MDA fundraiser. Thumbs up.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:11 PM
s8norr
Tourer

Frederick HD in Frederick, MD is where I bought my 07 FLHRC. Great sales staff, friendly...really go out of their way to please. The Parts Dept is pretty good; most of the guys know their stuff and they're all friendly and helpful. Have yet to use their Service Dept but I haven't heard any horror stories yet.

Battlefield HD in Gettysburg, PA is my favorite (just a little farther away). Well worth the trip if you're in the area and looking to enjoy the historic battlefields. They've got the best selection of gear that I have ever come across and their Parts Dept is very well stocked with excellent associates. Their 10% military discount is pretty sweet too! Their Service Dept is supposed to be top notch. I'll let you know later this month after they work on my bike.

-Nick

Old 08-07-2007, 09:57 AM
tawneygl
2nd Gear

As for Service;
Brick City Customs
Mexico,MO
573-581-2936
I wanted a reliable mechanic to work on my bike, it is used so I really didn't have a dealer to rely on.
A co-worker told me about these guys, called and I made an appt.
I'm tell-in you these fellows were on the ball.
Soooo helpful, friendly and very much into doing things right. Oh did I mention REASONABLE.
They didn't stick it to meWhen I needed a windshield they ordered it, it was right and every thing was there.
One last thing
A young military soldier was killed last month.
His body was flown to an airport and a procession was formed.
These 3 men closed their shop and rode with other bikers to show their respect.
That means a lot to me and I'll never forget it.
Sheriff Gary

Old 08-12-2007, 09:22 AM
mountainpharm
Road Captain

Crossroads HD in Wilkesboro, NC. Outstanding folks, from service to parts to sales. I bought by FLHT from them a couple of months ago, and in that time they have provided exquisite service. It is always impressive to me when people remember my face or name, especially when in certain environments hundreds of people can pass before you in a given day. However, I'm always recognized every time I walk in the front door. If you're passing through the NC mountains, stop in check 'em out.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences