General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 04:21 AM
103ML
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

I have had nothing but great things to say about McQuires San Ramon in cali. Smaller HD dealer, but Charlie the service manager is the best, and Nancy also in service. I didnt buy my scooter there, but they treat me like I did. Very laid back and no BS attitude.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Slowpoke2
Novice

Davie's Harley Davidson in Toronto

Great service - I had a major oil leak in a brand new bike. These guys got me back on the road in time for the first good riding weekend this year!

See https://www.hdforums.com/m_1535243/tm.htmfor details.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:55 AM
RK Ivan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Groves Harley Davidson in Winchester Virginia. Mr. Deer whacked me on a lonely country road last year. HD's Progressive Ins. guy got my bike in to Groves right away, check$ was right on time and Groves got the bike back to me within in weeks, with new HD fender & paint turn around.

Just got new tires, floating rotors and front wheel bearing seal replaced, all in one day and they helped me put with a dozen or so not-so-learned-or-handyman questions...The parts guys and other sales staff are always helpful and even the Owner Barbara, is very helpful and always recalls your name. I give them four stars!

Buzz

Old 04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
burzerko29
Intermediate

Simi Valley HD in so cal. I'm a young guy and was only 20 when i started looking at buying a harley and many of the the other dealers and salesman wouldn't give me the time of day. even was told at one dealership that kids werent allowed in the bike area and the girls up front could help me with t shirts or something. never got anything like that at simi they always treated me with the respect of any other customer and i ended up buying my bike there

Old 04-24-2007, 02:44 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't agree with you with this one, the co-owner responsible for the front of the store ran away from me one too many times. They're closer to me, my bikes ordered at Illinois. I make it a point to eat at the mexican joint next door to them and wave at him! Remember me, Ozzie? I too can run away, especially when it involves my dollars!
ORIGINAL: Harleyglide

Wildfire harley villa park ,illinois on north ave good service i dont even go back to the place i bought it from.Freindly staff on hand plus i trust there workmanship

Old 04-25-2007, 12:46 AM
zimman20
Tourer

Another vote for Carolina HD in Gastonia, NC...didn't buy my bike from them but they'll get my business when I'm in the market again...in the meantime they're great for parts/merch and highly recommend. Friendly, knowledgeable, helpful....[8D]

Old 04-27-2007, 02:21 PM
GREEN MACHINE
Tourer

My wife and I left on 4-20-07 for a ride down to Gulf Shores from St. Louis. We took I-55 south through Mississippi
and then into Alabama. We spent 4 days enjoying the sun and started back on Wed. morning. Uneventful until we got just outside of Biloxi. After getting a little rain I decided to put my raingear on at a nearby station. As I started to pull away my bike felt as if it was against a brick. I tried several times to move it then suddenly it moved. My wife yelled out, Look! sure enough one of my rear sproket bolts was lying on the ground! I checked the others which seemed to be tight. I was going to try and still make it home but about another hundred miles later I lost another bolt.

I called Harley Davidson of Central Mississippi, Inc. which was about 50 miles away. These guys are unbelievable! They told us that they were busy but that I could bring it in and they would look at it. From the minute we walked in they treated us like family. They pulled my bike in right away and Homer, one of the owners, started tearing in to find out the problem! Jimmy Dees, one of their customers took us to a local hotel where we spent the night. The next morning Mr. Dees called and told us the good news and that he would be there in 10 minutes. Upon arrival they were just finishing-up on my bike. They had over-nighted the parts from Harley, took my wheel to a machine shop and put it back together in a matter of hours.

If your ever in or near Jackson Mississippi stop in to see these guys. Not only did the owner himself do the work,
but did it so reasonably that I was shocked! They also put on a unreal event in May in regards to the Ride to the Wall. Their phone # (601)372-5770 Thanks again to Homer, his brother and all of the crew! Rating- *****

Old 04-27-2007, 05:04 PM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up to New Rochelle HD www.nrhd.com. Just bought my first Harley from them and, even though it was used, they treated me fantastic. I got a fair deal and the whole transaction was very professional and friendly. Highly recommended.

Old 04-29-2007, 06:35 PM
sethman2010
Advanced

Another vote for Chicago Harley (Glenview). Just bought my new 2007 FXDWG from them (I love it). Got a price from them first, shopped it around to about 4 or 5 other dealerships in the Chicagoland area and no one was even close. Salesperson was very straightfoward, no B.S. And everyone (parts, service, and sales) was very cool and were quick to get back to me with a few questions I had after picking up my bike. Great customer service.

Big Thumbs up for Chicago Harley.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:50 AM
kitman
6th Gear

Just got our first HD two weeks ago in Omaha, NE - Dillon Bros. Awesome dealership; fantastic inventory new and used. They went the extra mile for us. One of their salespeople worked with us to see a bike on a Sunday. We drove 5 hours from our home to see something they had on the internet that we hadn't seen anywhere locally or nearby. We felt that we got a good deal and they treated us right. '

Would love to hear from anyone else who's had experience working with Dillon Bros.

P.S. We LOVE our new 2006 Heritage classic!!!!

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences