General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
harleymojoman
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

I just purchased the FLSTC Heritage Softail from Boswells in Nashville. Great sales team and they took my metric in on trade, (I hear they have a crusher/scrap metal facilityout back!).They went above and beyond for me as well. They have a fabulous restaraunt onsite and large selection of HD apparel and goodies. My new favorite color is chrome!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 01:24 PM
harleymojoman
Tourer

I followed your lead Things . . . I also had a great experience at Boswell's!!!! The best dealer to work with in Nashville!

Old 03-15-2007, 05:10 AM
XL1200N
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5 stars ***** to Metro HD in Cedar Rapids, IA

Bought my 07 Nightster there. No pressure to buy, in and out in less than an hour after I said "I'll take it." Threw in the forward controls for free, installed. Delivered the bike free of charge, gave me a bunch of discounts and other stuff.

I would never buy a used bike at a dealership and I didn't want to wait for a used Nightster, if ya know what I mean.

A couple of the of the people there call me by name, when I go there. For some reason that is very important to me.

Brian

Old 03-15-2007, 11:25 PM
WolfgangX
Intermediate

Cedar River Harley Davidson Iowa Has been great, it can be a year berfore Hawk sees me again and he addresses me by my name shakes my hand, His service department is very helpful walk around your bike when they are down and let you know exactly what they did. Great Bunch http://www.cedarriverhd.com

Wolfgang

Old 03-16-2007, 10:31 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Team Latus Motorswhich is a HD & Custom and Buell dealer in Portland, Oregon. Bought my 07 Fatty there, good sales most of them take the time out to let you sit on the bikes andwill practically run you through theirwhole stock of 300+ bikes(estimate) and you can test drive them as well.MSRP dealer, they have a huge selection of bikes always. I'd say over 300bikes at all times.Dedicated Chrome guys apart from Parts Guys works with you if they can find a bike with the installed part you are looking at to show you first hand how it will look or sound. Heck they even throw around discounts on parts even the bigger parts like Custom Painted sheet metal. Service has been great so far, lets you go back and talk to the mechanics, and will even pick up and drop off the bike if needed.

Latusisn't my local HD dealer, but Salem, OregonHarley Davidson is, and I know several of the folks there, some of the wrenches are top notch and the parts guys are good even some of the ladies!!

Albany, Oregon well I bought a helmet from them one day, was good group of folks there as well.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:18 PM
97wideglidenh
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my vote is seacoastharley in nh. After working my 2nd job on sat, (driving a trash truck). I went in "to look", and was told" If you see something you like, sit on it and try it out!!"WOW, i have now bought 2 wideglides from them,.very good people!!

Old 03-18-2007, 07:39 PM
FXR
Intermediate

i went to lances hd in northern pa a one time the salesman there was so freindly i am suprised i didnt get a handjob. all i went in for was for a couple gaskets left with a coffe buzz, 3 phamplets and my two gaskets

Old 03-19-2007, 01:59 PM
kirtapp
Advanced

I have to give major kudos to Harley Davidson of Ocala, Florida.

I am from Fort Wayne, Indiana and traveled down to Daytona for Bike Week. I had a little trouble with my bike before I left not starting, so I took it into my local dealer. I was happy to be able to get right in, where the other dealer was going to be two weeks.They got it started, but also told me that I had an exhaust leak, but it would not hamper my trip and to go and enjoy. I trailer my bike to Atlanta and rode the rest of the way, one cause I was itching to ride and two because I was thinking gas is a hell of a lot cheaper in a bike.

So, as the week progresses, the exhaust leak just isn't sounding right. So, on my way going back to Atlanta, I decided to stop and get my bike checked out. I first stopped at Orlando HD, which advised me that I was missing some plugs that goon the top ofmy air filter. They did not have the part so they sent me to Ocala.

As I pulled into the lot of the Ocala HD, the service techs could tell that I had a problem right away. I purchased the missing plugs, however that did not cure my problem. I met with David Vitro in the service department and he didn't even hardly look at my bike and knew what the problem was.Hetold me I either had a blown head gasket or a blownmanifold gasket.I was definately not wanting the head gasket problem!They where able to get me in right away for service, but told me it would be a little bit because of the lunch hour. I checked to see if they had any kind of loaner bike, so I too could get something to eat. They did not offer such service. So, David offfered some of his lunch to me. Someone else came in with a pizza and he made sure that I was found so that I could get some of that as well. I was truly amazed.

Well, after a short time, my bike was nearing completion and I was summoned to check it out. The service tech, Will Washburn, had found a few other things that he wanted to make sure where brought to my attention. He finished up and as we where going over my bill, Will advised David that he was going to take his lunch. He put off his lunch to make sure that I was able to get back on the road.

I was given my manifold gasket. Not much there. My little so called problem that wouldn't hamper my trip could have cost me a motor!

I just wish I didn't live so darn far away, because I would like to be able to take my bike there everytime! I know I will definately be stopping there again when I get back down in that area. They know how to take care of a customer.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:22 PM
harleymojoman
Tourer
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Great story

My dealer in Nashville, Boswell's just did a very unique thing-check it out:
A man flying from the east to Portland got stranded overnight in Nashville due to late planes and the weather along the east coast. To kill time he rented a car and started to see the sights when he passed and stopped at Boswell Harley Davidson to "kill time". While there the Sales Manager and he got to talking and the man said flippantly, "I oughta just buy one of these and drive it back to Portland, I've always wanted to." Long story short, Boswells followed him back to check in the rental car, made arrangements to ship his luggage for him-got him a complete riding outfit and gear as well as a Road King I believe and even set up his first 1,000 mile service at a dealership in Oklahoma City !!!!!!! Wow! thats customer service at it's finest!!

Old 03-20-2007, 11:13 AM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

ORIGINAL: kirtapp

I have to give major kudos to Harley Davidson of Ocala, Florida.

I am from Fort Wayne, Indiana and traveled down to Daytona for Bike Week. I had a little trouble with my bike before I left not starting, so I took it into my local dealer. I was happy to be able to get right in, where the other dealer was going to be two weeks.They got it started, but also told me that I had an exhaust leak, but it would not hamper my trip and to go and enjoy. I trailer my bike to Atlanta and rode the rest of the way, one cause I was itching to ride and two because I was thinking gas is a hell of a lot cheaper in a bike.

So, as the week progresses, the exhaust leak just isn't sounding right. So, on my way going back to Atlanta, I decided to stop and get my bike checked out. I first stopped at Orlando HD, which advised me that I was missing some plugs that goon the top ofmy air filter. They did not have the part so they sent me to Ocala.

As I pulled into the lot of the Ocala HD, the service techs could tell that I had a problem right away. I purchased the missing plugs, however that did not cure my problem. I met with David Vitro in the service department and he didn't even hardly look at my bike and knew what the problem was.Hetold me I either had a blown head gasket or a blownmanifold gasket.I was definately not wanting the head gasket problem!They where able to get me in right away for service, but told me it would be a little bit because of the lunch hour. I checked to see if they had any kind of loaner bike, so I too could get something to eat. They did not offer such service. So, David offfered some of his lunch to me. Someone else came in with a pizza and he made sure that I was found so that I could get some of that as well. I was truly amazed.

Well, after a short time, my bike was nearing completion and I was summoned to check it out. The service tech, Will Washburn, had found a few other things that he wanted to make sure where brought to my attention. He finished up and as we where going over my bill, Will advised David that he was going to take his lunch. He put off his lunch to make sure that I was able to get back on the road.

I was given my manifold gasket. Not much there. My little so called problem that wouldn't hamper my trip could have cost me a motor!

I just wish I didn't live so darn far away, because I would like to be able to take my bike there everytime! I know I will definately be stopping there again when I get back down in that area. They know how to take care of a customer.
Kitapp: So which dealer did you right? The one SW or the one more E near NH? Thanks Bryan!

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences