General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 08:47 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Gotta make just one choice, man this one is kinda hard, I'd have to chose between I'm fortunate to have two real good Harley dealerships that has really tried to make me happy, and has gave killer service too. it would be either The woodlands harley in The woodlands and Texas Harley in Conroe, Tx. I go to Texan the most. Texas is the closest to me too.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:53 AM
The_Unknown
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My best experience was with Andy's Harley Davidson in GrandForks ND. Denny, Patty, and group are all great people. Unfortunately some folks may think differently, but I received outstanding service from them. I bought my 05 Dyna Super Glide from them, and wow, got treated well. Everytime I walked into the dealer, I got the hello with a smile. None of this " What the hell are you doing here crap" Andy's prices are very reasonable. If your in that area, give them a try.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,316 Likes on 6,127 Posts

Dawg House Cycles in Coatesville Pennsylvania is probably the best dealership I've ever bought a bike from. I bought an 04 ElectraGlide Classic from them 2 weeks ago and chose not to buy a warranty with it. Yesterday I was moving the bike around in my shed and when I pulled the bars to get the bike to move backwards, they dropped all the way down nearly hitting the tank. I was freakin out because i thought what if this had happened at 75 mph? I'd be dead now. I figured if I called Dawg House they would say tough ****... cause I didnt get the warranty. Instead they asked me when would be the best day for them to pick it up and fix it for me, free of charge, even though the shop is an hour and a half from my house. I am extremly happy with their service before and after the sale. Hell they even let me ride around on a brand new Big Dog chopper while they ran my credit, which took about 45 minutes.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:49 PM
20FXST06
Road Captain

I'll second Blue Ridge HD Hickory, NC. I stopped there once just to buy a shirt for a friend while on vacation. Ended up spending about 2 hours just BSing with everybody. Great people. sales, service dept.[sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 11-30-2006, 03:55 AM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

Shelton's H-D in Goldsboro N.C. Purchased my 2005 Fatboy. First Harley. I wanted a certain color and no local dealers had it. Called Shelton's on a recommendation. They did not have the color on an in stock bike but they had the correct color sheetmetal and would swap out the tank and both fenders at no additional charge. Entire deal was done over the phone and emails. Rented a trailer and drove from Northern Virginia to pick her up. They have a "delivery room"! Like having a freakin' baby!

In the delivery room I noticed a slice in the seat. Sales rep had it replaced. After the replacement I noticed a small spot on the rear fender near the rear seat mounting screw that looked like was touched up with touch up paint. I showed the sales rep. After I overheard an argument between the sales rep and the owner the sales rep gave me the choice of having the rear fender replaced right then or take a new painted fender and a check for $100 to have it replaced locally. I took the fender (actually 2) and the check. Over and above the mentioned problems this was the best experience I have ever had purchasing ANYTHING.

Lynchburg H-D in Lynchburg Virginia. Purchased my 2007 Ultra Classic. Best out the door price among 6 "local" dealers. Had dealer replace stock gauges with spun aluminum gauges. On my way home I noticed that the backlighting on the tach and speedometer did not match and I did not have a 6th gear indicator. I called the service folks and after I provided the correct part numbers (I actually got the correct part numbers off a CVO Ultra at the York factory during the open house) they agreed to ship the new gauges to my home (2 hour drive) and allowed me to replace them myself and ship the other gauges back to them...under warranty.

The way both of these dealers took care of my problems were over and above what I would have ever expected.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:15 PM
cunfuzed
Cruiser

trenton worldclass h.d rt.130 hamilton,nj ***** class "a" folks great service dep't.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:47 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harley Davidson of Jamestown
Jamestown New York

110% before and after the sale

http://www.jamestownharley.com/index.html

Old 12-02-2006, 12:05 PM
ditch_dgr
Road Master

Hampton Roads Harley, Yorktown, Virginia. I couldn't be happier with my dealer. I have purchased 5 Harley's from these people and if I buy a sixth it will be from them. Most recently I got a 2007 Ultra, the sales and financing people were friendly, professional and helpful. THe bike was still in the crate when I bought it. It was ready on time. I have had three dealigns with the service department and all were excellent. The first time, my clutch wasn't fully releasing, I stopped in on a busy Saturday morning to ask if there was anything special with the clutch or is it just a cable adjustment, the guy I was talking to asked me to go get the bike and they adjusted it on the spot (as I suspected it was just the cable but still....), the second time was the 1000 mile service, they took the bike when they said they would and it was done when they said it would be done. The thrid time was the infamous recall, they hadn't heard about it yet, but looked up the information and did it right away. I would recommend them to anyone anytime.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Guarddog
Novice

I think I'm seconding (or thirding) a vote for Route 66 Harley Davidson in Tulsa, OK. link My husband and I were first-time HD buyers, and our salesman, Jody Collins, walked us through the whole thing. When we finally ordered our bike, we had to wait about 45 days before delivery - and Jody tolerated our impatience with humor and good grace. We've been back several times for a variety of different things, from accessory purchases to rerouting of the throttle cable, and we always walk away 100% satisfied.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:08 PM
bosnmate
Banned

I went to three different H-D dealers in the Atlanta area and I bought my bike from Stone Mountain Harley Davidson. Stone Mountain is 26 miles from my house and another dealer is less than five. I liked the people at Stone Mountain and the service department is great. The people are friendly, courteous and helpful. The service department runs on scheduled appointments only, except for Saturdays which is first come first serve. I like this because when you have a scheduled appointment you are not waiting around all day to get your bike in the door for service.

Prices on bikes are MSRP but so is just about everybody else in the Atlanta area if not higher. Parts though, are usually a little less than what is listed in the catalog and they dealership is an MVP participant so I get extra percentages off of parts, clothes and services.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences