General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 01:28 AM
ironoxide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences - Harley Davidson of Louisville

I would like to share a letter I sent to Harley-Davidson, Louisville (below). From the moment I walked in there to the conclusion of my 1000 mile service, it exceeded my expectations. Everyone-from Sales to Service, did an outstanding job!

October 3, 2006

Harley-Davidson Louisville
1700 Arther Street
Louisville, KY 40208
Attn: Tonya Ostertag
Motorcycle Sales Manager

Dear Harley-Davidson Louisville,
Tonya Ostertag,

As you know, I just had my 07’ Ultra (fire red and pearl black) in for the"1000 mile" service, and would like to inform you how pleased I am with the entire purchasing experience. Joe Brown was easy to work with, knowledgeable, and very informative. His demeanor put me at ease – He even remembered my name when I called him back the first time. After our purchase, the entire sales department made my wife and me feel welcome. They all were every helpful. I just wish I knew all of their names!
During my accessory purchase the entire parts department did an outstanding job. Davee was very helpful. I hope I spelled her name right, sorry if I didn’t. She is well organized, and seemed to know the parts book by heart. She never lost patience with me, even though I changed my order a bit. She’s a real asset to the team! The entire parts department made me feel welcome – thanks everyone.
Finally, I am very pleased with the bike after service. Shaggy did an outstanding job! I was able to get the bike in right away, and the bike was serviced promptly. It was clean and neat after pick-up, and it runs superbly!! Gordon answered all my questions. It’s obvious to me that he runs an efficient department. Mark never lost patience with me after calling him several times – I know I would have.
In closing, I can’t say enough about how pleased I am. I will highly recommend Louisville Harley- Davidson to everyone.

Please know, in addition to the MOCO surveys, I will copy this recommendation to: www.HDforums.com under the General Harley Davidson section, Good Dealer’s and Experience thread.

Many regards and thanks,

Robert (Bob) D. Burrell, Jr.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:33 PM
tom collins
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

H. D. of Chillicothe, Ohio. Great folks, act glad to have your business and bike is delivered with lots of additional chrome already on it at no additional charge. Good service too.

tom collins

Old 10-06-2006, 02:42 PM
DallasCajun
Intermediate

Texoma Harley - Sherman, Texas for a down to earth dealership. Rock bottom prices very friendly staff (service, parts, new bike sales and clothing). Everybody remembers you by name.

Old 10-06-2006, 08:53 PM
RiderUp
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: SilverDawg

Straightshot,

When I was shopping last summer, I too went into the Allen store. What a joke!! Slick type sales people and prices over MSRP. Just kind of chuckled when the told me their pricing policy. Walked out and will never return.

I bought from American Eagle up in Cornith. Great sales process and so far, so good with service. Bryan Tynes, SM, is as low key as you can get. Good man with good values. Highly recommend them for your next ride if you are in the DFW area.

p.s. not associated with them in any way.
+1 for American Eagle HD in Corinth, TX. I had an excellent experience with that dealership after a bad one with another dealer. I purchased a 2007 Ultra Classic and couldn't be happier with the price and way I was treated.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:45 AM
DutchFXRP1984
2nd Gear

It might be a bit more expencive voor US riders, but The MotorSaloon in Amersfoort, Netherlands is a very good and skillfull dealer and is a very service-indicated dealer....
Am really satisfied about them, so whenever you're around: pop in and tast the atmosphere!!

Old 10-09-2006, 02:58 AM
Kern
Road Master

Well, I live in S.E Wisconsin. I have about a half a dozen dealers that are pretty close to me. I tell you what though, the dealer in Racine, mainly the the parts guy Roger is hands down top notch. Roger is very cool, doesn't care about the sale. His only concern is to make sure you are happy with what you buy. He makes sure I get the 10-15% off on whatever I buy as long as it is over $300. Sounds loaded, but he has to make a living as well. I've spent a lot of coin with this guy. Granted he is commisioned, but you would never know it with his sales response etc. His renowned response "No rush, let me know when you are ready"

FYI: stay away from service at Racine HD though.....they are for sure not related to Roger.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:04 AM
warren888
Account Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought at Bridgeport Harley Davidson in Bridgeport, CT.

The sales side is excellent. They are straight shooters and they don't rip you off.

What puts these guys over the top is how they handled my situation in particular. I bought an '06 low rider in July, picked it up on a Friday, and that night Harley announced the '07s. You can imagine I wasn't too happy.

The dealer did offer a "trade-in" that was aggressive, but I couldn't justify it. But I had a long discussion with the sales manager about how I felt, and he ended up giving me a package AFTER THE FACT to make sure I was a happy customer. How many dealerships would do that? They had no legal requirement... they just wanted to make sure I was satisfied.

The manager there, Noah, is excellent. they rate a 5-star in my book for that one.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:43 PM
cajunman831
Tourer

harley davidson of baton rouge la.are some of the greatest people to deal with.i bought my two bikes elsewhere and do all my service with h.d.of b.r.they have a five star rate with me.
marty

Old 10-11-2006, 10:19 AM
lunchboxjunkie
Road Captain

Appalachian Harley Davidson Appalachian Harley Davidson in Mechanicsburg PA definitly 5 stars, very helpful staff and the bikes are at MSRP or below. I am purchasing a new Fatboy from them, it's on back order, the 2007 line was shut down for 2 months because of an alighnment problem which was damaging the front fender. They said it should start back up in October but the list was long of Fatboys already orderd, so it will be a long winter.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
XfasteddieX
Tourer

american eagle hd corinth tx rated top ten tn texas i give them 10 stars

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences