General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Instigator_TX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Texoma Harley Davidson in Sherman, Tx is great to work with in sales. Haven't had any service done. I was down from Kansas City, MO to visit family the weekend before XMAS and stopped by to look. It was 70 out and was asked if I wanted to take a 09 Road Guild for a ride that I was looking at. I thought why not it is nice out. So, Davis took me for a demo ride and when we got back I asked how much the bike was and was told that I would have to talk to Stephen ( The Closer )....LOL. I have a 05 Wide Guild that I bought in 2013 that is in KC. I sat down with Steve and he gave me my options. I told him that I couldn't do anything at this time of course he wouldn't have that. Steve said what would it take to get me into the bike. So I told him, no money Down, no more that $50.00 more a month for payments and pay off my WG. This was around 4:00pm and I had to get back for a family dinner. Steve said no problem, he would call me as soon as he worked everything out. 30 min later Steve called and said it was a done deal. He also said he would deliver my RG to KC and pick up my WG for no extra charge. Steve, his wife, my wife and myself met at a Whataburger halfway between the two of us and signed papers at 9:30pm. Should have the new RG the first week of January.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:08 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Instigator_TX
Texoma Harley Davidson in Sherman, Tx is great to work with in sales. Haven't had any service done. I was down from Kansas City, MO to visit family the weekend before XMAS and stopped by to look. It was 70 out and was asked if I wanted to take a 09 Road Guild for a ride that I was looking at. I thought why not it is nice out. So, Davis took me for a demo ride and when we got back I asked how much the bike was and was told that I would have to talk to Stephen ( The Closer )....LOL. I have a 05 Wide Guild that I bought in 2013 that is in KC. I sat down with Steve and he gave me my options. I told him that I couldn't do anything at this time of course he wouldn't have that. Steve said what would it take to get me into the bike. So I told him, no money Down, no more that $50.00 more a month for payments and pay off my WG. This was around 4:00pm and I had to get back for a family dinner. Steve said no problem, he would call me as soon as he worked everything out. 30 min later Steve called and said it was a done deal. He also said he would deliver my RG to KC and pick up my WG for no extra charge. Steve, his wife, my wife and myself met at a Whataburger halfway between the two of us and signed papers at 9:30pm. Should have the new RG the first week of January.
Adam Smith is well on his way to becoming one of the MoCo's biggest franchise dealers. He has 5 at the moment and still growing.

Old 12-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Traditional
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Instigator_TX
Had a similar experience on 11 December. Went to p/u a toilet at the other HD (Home Depot) that takes my money behind Texoma HD. Thought, I'll just go in there to just sit on a few bikes--without any intent of trading. Next thing I know Davis and Stephen (Steve) had me convinced to buy a '16 Deluxe, and the RK traded, also $50 more than I was paying.

Awoke the next morning feeling that I made the right decision and excited to pick it up. (Road King was too tall for me [even had had it lowered] and wasn't riding it.)

Bought the Road King from Texoma a few years ago. I've complimented them on many occasions in all departments, sales, parts, clothing, and service--all first rate, knowing well that such an operation and the attitude of all doesn't consistently happen by accident. There's got to be effective leadership. (BTW: They're not perfect, but they remedy quickly anything that they mess up.)

Old 01-11-2016, 04:24 PM
King Nothing
Cruiser
Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Hot Metal Harley Davidson in Pittsburgh, PA

I've had nothing but pleasant experiences buying motorclothes from them, and the entire staff is very friendly and welcoming. I have had good experiences talking with the sales staff, they've been very helpful bouncing different options off of me in terms of what will fit and work best when I eventually get my first bike. I have every intention of buying from them in a couple of months and will post again with my purchase experience!

Old 01-12-2016, 12:59 PM
DAKSY
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Rawhide H-D in Olathe, Ks. The wife & I were on our 16-day, 6811 mile honeymoon ride & she was due for an oil change when we pulled in to check out this dealer. She asked the Service Writer how long it's be to get her RKC in & he asked her the particulars, she told him she'd hit 35K & needed the oil change. He told her there was a lot more needed at that point & said they'd move her to the front of the line, since were out-of-towners. We took my Wethead & got some BBQ for lunch & when we got back the bike was almost done. They even sent us a Christmas Card! Good, friendly folks.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:55 PM
R BEE
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Good Dealer

Wilkins Harley Davidson in Barre, Vt
Does business the right way fair and honest.
Their tech's sales . and parts are a group to be mirrored

Old 01-26-2016, 10:47 AM
fidgit
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cowboy HD in Austin, TX. I brought my '14 Slim in for the 5000mile maintenance and they did a great job. I was in and out in about 2 hours or so, bike was washed for me and staff was courteous and helpful. I actually want to call out Central Texas HD (Round Rock, TX) which is the other somewhat local dealership in town, for an issue I have with their service dept. - I called to get a price for the 5K service and Central Texas quoted over $100 more expensive than Cowboy. I was told the service would be approx $475+tax, and when I advised them that the other local dealership offered the same service at $340 it couldn't be explained. That place caters to a more wealthy suburb of Austin so I imagine they believe that higher prices for similar services aren't usually questions. Ill be sticking with Cowboy HD of Austin any service I don't do myself.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:06 PM
M16pilot
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purchased my 2015 Street Glide at Deluxe HD in Gillette, WY. Me and the wife where attending the WY Hog rallye in Sheridan, WY. We did the poker run. but the rest of the activities centered around the local rodeo. So we left on Fri to hit the dealership in Gillette as I haven't been there since there move. So we check out the place and get a couple shirts. we see a street glide in a satin silver. We both comment about it. Later at the hotel we didn't check what color it was or for gee wizz the price.
We show up Sat at 8. don't open till nine. So we wait. just afer nine we are checking out the bike find the price and color, Charcoal Satin.
The salesman says let's see if it will go through the bank if not we will part as friends. 15 min later we are approved. We get 10K for our 08 Fatboy. they put on a back rest and rack. We are treated great by all. Even waited around for a catered lunch. Great experience. Rode our new 2015 Street glide the 300 miles home.
Not even a year earlier we tried for a 2014 Street glide in white at High Country HD of Cheyenne. waited all day for a decision, no go, not even pay off for the fatboy. later get a letter from harley financial saying that we didn't supply proof of income for both of us, references, and a couple other BS reasons. All of which was never asked for by the steeler. I should have known to avoid this dealer as it was the one who purchased our local dealer and closed it a year and a half later. ( leaving the highway signs up for almost 2 years after closing) Now I have to figure where to take my bike for service I cannot do myself.
Not going to Thunder Mountain in Loveland, CO. either. in 09 went there looking to get a 09 Street glide in 2 tone candy rootbeer. trading in our 07 Sportster( HD has a program where you would get msrp on your trade for a big twin.) we told the salesman that we where also putting down 2k. and only 2k. we went back and forth getting lower on there wanted down. we kept telling him only 2K period. the final straw was when he when up from 2300 to their final offer$2500 down. we got up and walk out. We wound up buying our left over 08 Fatboy at the local dealership.

Tim

Old 01-26-2016, 07:49 PM
Longridertx
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by fidgit
Cowboy HD in Austin, TX. I brought my '14 Slim in for the 5000mile maintenance and they did a great job. I was in and out in about 2 hours or so, bike was washed for me and staff was courteous and helpful. I actually want to call out Central Texas HD (Round Rock, TX) which is the other somewhat local dealership in town, for an issue I have with their service dept. - I called to get a price for the 5K service and Central Texas quoted over $100 more expensive than Cowboy. I was told the service would be approx $475+tax, and when I advised them that the other local dealership offered the same service at $340 it couldn't be explained. That place caters to a more wealthy suburb of Austin so I imagine they believe that higher prices for similar services aren't usually questions. Ill be sticking with Cowboy HD of Austin any service I don't do myself.
Good luck with Cowboy's in Austin...hopefully they are much better than the Cowboy's in San Antonio. Their service department here sux big time.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:50 AM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Worth Harley Davidson in Kansas City, MO. I went there with a friend who was looking at a 2010 Road Glide. They were very easy to work with and made a deal with him even though his trade was at home in the garage. They offered to deliver his new bike and pick up his trade although we live 130 miles away. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. Go see Derek Wright if you are in the market for a new bike.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences