General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 07:40 AM
smegsjr
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indianapolis H-D

4 of us were returning home to Connecticut from Sturgis this year when we noticed that my brothers rear tire on his 2013 Classic was low. Turned out that he had a 3/4 inch piece of metal embedded in his rear tire. This was at 5:15 in the afternoon on Saturday. Closest dealer was Indianapolis H-D about 15 miles away. We needed to stop 2 times along the way to add air so we sent one guy ahead to the dealer. We arrived there at 6:15 (our guy got there just as they were closing up for the day, service had been closed since 5) The general manager and the sales manager were waiting outside for us when we arrived. The GM stated that they don't have service on Sunday but would see what he could do and called the service manager. They made arrangements to have the service manager and a tech come in on Sunday morning before the dealership opened and replace the tire, My brother lfet his bike in a secure area and returned at 8 am the next morning to wait. The service manager arrived a few min. later. My brother was back on the road within an hour, just paid for the cost of the tire and the usual time to install no additional cost to have the tech come in on his day off or open the dealership early.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:19 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is my third post about Bakersfield Harley-Davidson. Over the last dozen or so years, we have now purchased eight new Harleys from this dealer. Back on August 12th, the wife and I were riding over to the coast for lunch. While riding on a rural highway about ten miles west of Bakersfield, a dog ran out to chase me and took my wife down. Once the ambulance was on the way, I called BH-D and asked for the owner. Scott quickly answered and took down the info on where the wreck was, he immediately sent two strong guys and the dealership pickup to retrieve her bike. They arrived shortly after the ambulance left and gathered the wreckage, freeing me to go take care of the wife.
The wife was able to walk out of the hospital six hours later. She wanted to see the wreckage, so we went to BH-D, where we were treated like family. The service manager had already done a preliminary evaluation, and thought it would either be a total loss or a looong repair. We fondled the new bikes until the pain meds wore off, and I took her home.
BH-D took care of dealing with the insurance company from start to finish, and helped us immensely in selecting upgrades to the new Street Glide that will replace her totaled 2010. They gave us an excellent "repeat customer" discount on the bike and upgrades, and have done everything possible to make this as smooth as possible. I really can't think of any way they could have treated us better.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:36 AM
harley8
Advanced
Smile Natchez Trace HD!

Nothing but good things to say about Natchez Trace H.D. of Tuscumbia Alabam. Great sales experience, parts people know Harleys and are very informative. Good friendly folks.

Last edited by harley8; 09-27-2015 at 07:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-28-2015, 10:44 AM
pamtnmn
Advanced
Default Valley Forge Harley Davidson

Friday I picked up my new 2016 Road Glide Ultra from Valley Forge Harley Davidson in, wait for it....... Valley Forge, Pa. J.T., Big John, Shaun, Bill and Jason went above and beyond to get me the deal I needed, and the exact bike I wanted. This is the 5th new bike we have bought there between the wife and I. All of these folks treat us like family, from the owner (a biker who we get to ride with) all the way through the company to the motor clothes girls, to the company gofor guy. And I can't forget the parts guys too, just an overall great place to do business. I give them 5***** stars.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:27 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Hope others have had better experience with these two dealers.
you must have liked the service you received. if i had the issues you say you had i sure would not be posting that they are a good dealer.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:32 PM
USAFANGWINGNUT67
Tourer

Originally Posted by RandyL
you must have liked the service you received. if i had the issues you say you had i sure would not be posting that they are a good dealer.
Many thanks RandyL for pointing this out. Wrong forum.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:23 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Many thanks RandyL for pointing this out. Wrong forum.
your welcome, I see you now get it under bad dealers.
hopefully you will find a better dealer than those hacks

Old 09-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Baccerman
Intermediate
Default Shelton's Harley Davidson Smithfield NC

Had my beloved 95 FLH repaired this week (leaking primary) Replaced all seals, primary chain shoe and adjusted primary chain, clutch, belt.
Bike rides good, very clean when I got it back. Very helpful and knowledgable techs in service dept. Cost was very reasonable. Also found a cracked exhaust bracket upon inspection, replaced it at cost of part.
Tech said he wouldn't hesitate to ride the bike to California. Said it was no more likely to break than a new Rushmore.
Told the mgr that if I could find a single thing a new 'glide could do better than my 95 does I would buy one. He smiled and said that honestly he couldn't say that he could.
Evo's ROCK!!!!!

Old 10-02-2015, 09:27 AM
TDHD
Road Master
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Brothers and I were riding home from York Factory tour and stop in at Susquehanna Valley HD in Harrisburg, PA. My brother ends trading his 2002 Road King Classic for a 2016 Street Glide Special. Everyone there was real helpful and very nice made us feel right at home.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Baccerman
Intermediate

Shelton's HD again.. taking bike back tomorrow. Leaking transmission fluid again. We'll see what they do about it. I'll post back and we'll see if this stays in this thread or gets moved over to the other side.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences