General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 05:52 AM
BikerB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Calgary HD (usta be Harley Davidson of Southern Alberta) are a pretty good bunch, known a couple of them since 1980. Gasoline HD in Red Deer Alberta is a great place. picked up my 06 Ultra there. excellent service. when ya take your bike in, they offer you something to ride while you wait. pick a scoot and hit the road for a coupla hours!! outstanding!! if ya ever get there, ask for Hillbilly. he's the best HD mechanic i know. he's done frame off rebuilds on my shovels and is one of the only guys i know who loves working on antiques.
Bear[8D]

Old 08-24-2006, 12:05 AM
JeffreyLebowski
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Centennial Park HD in Pataskala, OH. I dropped my bike off to have an oil change and have the outer primary gasket replaced due to a minor oil leak. I dropped the bike off dirty and almost out of gas. I went out of town and let them take their time, they called a couple of times to let me know about costs, and when it was done. When picked up the bike, it had been washed and it had a full tank of gas. They apparently didn't charge me for the gas. They service guy wasn't real friendly or talkative but they certaintly got the job done as promised plus cleaning and gas...I'd definitely go back.

On another note- I had a lot of problems at AD Farrows in Columbus. Lot's of runaround and BS while they were doing my 95" kit with heads, cam, and thunderheader. Bike wasn't done until 3-4 weeks after they promised.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:48 AM
BLONDIE
Intermediate

Bruce Rossmeyer in Pompano-Florida---A+

Being a new female rider and not knowing what to truly look for was uncomfortable and unnerving. When you are spending a lot of money and not knowing if you're making the right decision can be a very costly mistake.

Prior to coming to the Pompano dealership, I had driven to 6 other Harley dealers and every salesperson I dealt with, really did not have the female rider experience information nor really cared to spend much time giving me information. A lot of times I felt like I was just a nuisance. So, I did a lot of research on the internet (different opinions)
and read a lot of articles. But not really being a rider, I did not know how to truly decipher the information.

When walking into the Pompano dealership, I asked to speak with a salesperson and was introduced to Bambi. A petite blonde, that was as cute and sweet as she was knowledgeable.

She spent so much time, going through the details of all the bikes. Then, the pro and cons of all the bikes and then, the final bike decision. After the final decision, then the special details that makes the bike your own. I am in sales and Bambi does not sell bikes, she educates bikes. I love her. I love my bike-I bought a Fat Boy! It fits me perfectly and I am so comfortable on my bike. I am still nervous being a new rider, but I know, she helped me make the right decision.

Woody did the financing on my bike and he was just as great and also surprisingly, very caring. Even now, that the deal has been done, the bike has been ridden, they both go out of their way when we go in to say Hi and see how everything is going. The dealership followed through every detail without a flaw and the service department has also been great. I cannot believe how much I have learned in mechanics through their guidance.

Even the sales girls on the floor were helpful and educational.

I know all dealerships have their problems and not all dealerships have a perfect sales staff, but I LUCKED out with Bambi.

By the way, compared to the other dealerships, they were very competitve on pricing. I not only got a great bike but a good deal!

She even helped my husband pick out his bike. He bought a Road King and loves it.

Hopefully, it will be a long and succesful relationship.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Lurch
Intermediate

Visalia HD in Visalia, CA

Real square dealing people. Got an 07 RKC from them after another dealer screwed me royal.
Sales staff top notch...parts top notch..service, don't know yet.
Very, very happy so far with my deal. They went above and beyond to help me and make me happy.
I'll definetly be back.

Best of Luck.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Thongs2U
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Cool Springs Harley in Franklin, Tennessee. Even if you aren't Allan Jackson, Frank Wycheck, or Trace Adkins, they treat you like you are. Five dollar cheeseburgers and chrome galore. They even sell bikes (like a Harley dealer was origionally designed to do).
Cowboy4443
www.thongs2u.com

Old 08-27-2006, 12:05 PM
talon1674
Cruiser

I bought both my 2000FXD Superglide & 2005 RoadKing Std from St. Paul HD. They're good people, good MVP program with point for nice discounts on Parts & Merch (13%). Also, Zion Harley Davidson in Utah. I was on a cross country trip & needed my 5K service done and they had her ready the next morning. I droped it off @ closing time the night before, and they made time to service it right away the next morning. They even gave me a lift back to St. George (10 miles away from their shop) to my motel. These guys went out of their way, and thats why they're a great dealer in my opinion!

Old 08-27-2006, 09:40 PM
tooch69
Advanced

woodstock harley , woodstock,ny

www.woodstockharley.com

I checked out alot of dealers around New York and CT. Woodstock is by far the best dealer in new york

Old 08-30-2006, 06:42 PM
john1ellis
Stage II

Brunswick HD in Troy, NY is among the best.

My wife bought a 2004 883 Sportster from them and I have my 2003 FXD serviced there. We are always warmly greeted by name by all of the folks working there. Service is great, never any unpleasant surprises. They always have our bikes serviced and ready for us ahead of schedule.

Even after they caught my wife shoplifting, they still treat us fine. Actually, I asked my wife to hold a battery tender cable for me while I went to use the bathroom. She absentmindedly put it in her pocketbook while looking at clothes. When I came back and asked where the cable was, she said "right here" and she pulled it out of her pocketbook, just as one of the managers was walking up to us. They now joke that they have to search her every time she comes in to shop.

We won't hesitate to buy our next bikes from Brunswick HD.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:38 PM
ADay73
Cruiser

HD of Charlotte on Independence Blvd is the best in NC. Great people, chapter, and they care for their customers and will do whatever is needed to keep everyone in the life of having a Harley.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:55 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Harley versus Harley...

Moved from Jacksonville NC to Monterey CA. New River HD in Jacksonville was awesome. Great sales staff, service dept had their heads screwed on straight and were as helpful as they were competent. The parts staff were top notch. Unfortunately, I didn't fully appreciate just how good this dealer was until I came to CA. Nearest dealer to me here is in Salinas. I haven't had the opportunity to deal with Salinas service dept but the rest of the staff made me fully realize just how good the Jacksonville crowd was.

Harley versus Suzuki...

After moing to Monterey, wife's confidence riding declined due to hills and other. So we opted to pick up a smaller bike for her to ride - briefly. We found a Suzuki S50 at a local Suzuki dealer. Night and day what your experience is between Harley dealer and import dealer. Even a bad Harley dealer is better than a good import dealer. Import dealers lack the personal attention. Let me also take this opportunity to rant and say that I had 2 hogs in the garage that run great. Parked next to them, with only 35 miles on it, is the Suzuki, leaking and soiling my floor (cracked floatbowl). Hmmm.....

But I digress. New River HD. Awesome.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences