General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 05:13 PM
pure2510
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

McHenry Harley in IL def all good

Old 03-23-2015, 07:19 PM
countryboy12v
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doerflers HD in Hays, KS.
Low pressure, easy goin, great people.
They have my business for life.
Keith.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:41 AM
labriebob
4th Gear

I can't complain about the service department at Jim's in St. Pete FL. My only issue with them is they will not deal on a new bike. I drove 30 miles and saved $2,000

Old 03-29-2015, 07:44 AM
labriebob
4th Gear

If you live in Central Fl, then check out Lakeland HD. This is a family owned shop, one of the few remaining in this area. Great People and great prices on new and used bikes.

Service is great too!

Old 03-29-2015, 08:38 PM
E.P. forever
1st Gear
Default back ally cycles

Doc at back ally cycles in aurora colorado. Great work and stands behind his work. Been taking my stuff there for yrs. 5 stars out of 5

Old 04-04-2015, 09:48 AM
JerseyDoug
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Barb's HD in Mt. Epraim, NJ

Took my 2011 1200C in for its 10K service and was pleasantly surprised. They started offering walk-in service recently, so I got before they opened at 9 and was out by 11:15. They only charged me actual time (well, close enough) of 2.5 hours and the total cost was approx $350 with full Syn3, chrome filter and my 10% HOG discount on parts.

Worked for me.

Old 04-04-2015, 12:29 PM
dabimf
Advanced
Default Hometown Harley Davidson Winterville, NC

Just purchased an 14 Ultra from this dealership. Last HD I owned was made by AMF so it has been a while. Owned a lot of bikes between then and now. I have to say the buying experience was a real joy. Top shelf all the way. Never experienced a buying experience this good when I purchased other bikes. Will go back to them again.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyDoug
Took my 2011 1200C in for its 10K service and was pleasantly surprised. They started offering walk-in service recently, so I got before they opened at 9 and was out by 11:15. They only charged me actual time (well, close enough) of 2.5 hours and the total cost was approx $350 with full Syn3, chrome filter and my 10% HOG discount on parts.

Worked for me.
OUCH!! Labor rates must be through the roof over there. I didn't pay that for any service on the '11 CVO I had that I put 35k miles on.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:41 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts
Default TNT Action Sports, Quincy IL

Great people, great buying experience. Got a good deal on my trade in. I drive a good deal out of the way just to bring my bike there for service. Ask for Andrew!

Old 04-12-2015, 11:39 AM
rjammo
Banned
Received 261 Likes on 191 Posts
Default Gover HD, Piqua OH

Exceeded expectations/terrific dealer/great people/customer focused - use whatever words you'd like - Jim Gover Sr and the outstanding staff at Gover HD get it, and WOW is that refreshing!
I’ve been looking at the CVO Road King for a year – mostly eBay, cycle trader, and chopper exchange as I bought my 07 FLHRS this way (eBay) and had a great experience. So, last week a 2014 FLHRSE popped up on cycle trader, not far from me, so the wife pushes me out the door to take a look.
So, I’m looking at the bike and a salesman approaches me, answers my questions and tells me to bring my bike in for an appraisal. I run by the dealer later that afternoon with my bike, he looks it over and we go into the office. He runs the numbers and in 5 minutes we have a deal. He hit my going in numbers spot on! I did my research so I knew the pricing, and fully expected to negotiate. When my numbers came out of his mouth all I could say was “deal!”
The bike sat at the dealership for a week as we had nothing but rain for five straight days so I picked up the bike yesterday. Jim Sr was there to personally walk me around to meet the folks in parts, service, and merchandise. He gave me a thorough tour of the new bike and helped me switch plates. Everyone was genuinely pleasant and that really hit home for me.
My experience a month earlier at another Dayton area dealer was 180 degrees out from this experience. I would never recommend them for anything, especially buying a bike, but that’s another post for another time (the dealers name derives from Ohio’s nickname, the last name of the mascot of the NCAAF National Champions, and rhymes with chuckeye).

Oh, and the salesman who made it happen? Jim Gover Sr!

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences