General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 05:03 PM
johnp
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good dealers

Mark,
Custom Bike Works
Dover, NJ
Top notch dude very honest and fair
Would highly recommend.***** five star rating

Old 01-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Triglider1
Stage I
Default Dealers

Just bought a 2011 Triglide from Semenole HD in Florida. Best dealer I EVER bought from. They deliver anywhere in the US. They work hard on the financing and they are the 5th largest dealer in the US. Ask for Blake tell him Bob from Fort Myers Sent you. You won't regret it. Ride safe.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:00 PM
Bikerscum
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Eagle's Nest

I had initially posted here that Eagle's Nest quoted me way over list for a bike.... turns out there was some confusion about which bike I wanted. Went down there today & was treated great, got a great price, & everything went smoothly.

Another for Eagle's Nest in Norcal.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:49 PM
wmw722
3rd Gear
Default Buckeye HD

I gotta give Buckeye HD in Dayton, OH a couple of thumbs up and *****....yep, that's 5 stars. The staff there are some really great people. Very friendly and helpful. I went to two different dealerships last week that are within 30-40 miles of each other. The first one I visited, I got the impression they couldn't care less if I was there or not.....then I went to Buckeye HD. Met with their sales staff and sat down with them to discuss my options....couldn't make a deal with them right then and there, but the next day I called and ended up getting an even better deal than we talked about the night before!!! They are a great bunch of people and I'd gladly go back to them again.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:17 PM
idolno1
Advanced

Just had a 1K service and I'm not too sure what they all did except change the oil.

I was worried about the throttle cable that joins up at the handlebar side (not sure what its called). Anyway, it was loose and don't know if that's normal, does anyone know if it is?

Anyway, since I heard they check all cables (throttle too) I'd figure I'd check it after the service. I forgot to immediately check it but did so after I got home. It was still loose. So I'm not sure if they actually checked it or not. Seems like they didn't

Is this normal for the throttle cable to be loose where it meets up by the handle bars? The part where the cable goes up through some steel housing and into (again not sure what its called) a box type thing?

Old 02-02-2015, 10:56 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,741 Likes on 3,105 Posts

Picked up a Dyna Low for the GF, 2 weeks ago from BIGG'S HD in San Marcos, Ca.

Not going to say what kind of deal she got, but it was an offer she couldn't refuse! Sure is a purty bike!

Here it is, at the Oceanside Harbor.

Yeah, that's my tired Dyna in the background!

Here's a pic I took that day also...

Nobody, repeat, NOBODY does paint like Harley.

Last edited by NORTY FLATZ; 02-02-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:35 PM
idolno1
Advanced
Default So. Cal - (California HD) Harbor City & (Laidlaws) La Puente

First off, I can only go off of what I experienced and so far I've only experienced dealing with a dealer twice. So I don't want to be too hard on them and you shouldn't be scared off from using either one of these dealers based on what I'm about to say just to be clear. I'll also give a little history so you'll know the whole story behind each of my visits, which is only once per dealer listed.

1.) California HD. - Bike was stalling so I took it in. Dealer stated something wasn't looking right about the flash to the ECM which they only found that out cause I told them, but I guess they could have found that out anyway by other means. So they flashed it back to stock and the bike ran ok for a week. Started stalling again. On the way to this same dealer, I pushed the bike through the stalls and it kicked in and stopped stalling. Rode in anyway and told them what was going on. Their final ruling on the matter, "you got a hold of some bad gas". I don't believe that to be the correct answer but ok. Anyway, ran some "Seafoam" through the system to clean it and it hasn't stalled since. So not sure if the $95 bucks was a waste or not, or if the Seafoam cleaned out any crap or dissolved any water deposits/moisture cause that's what it does as well.

Anyway, good guys over all. I'd go back if I had to. Just didn't like the "bad gas" comment. Seems to be THE answer anyone will give you when they don't know what is going on. 3 outta 5 stars for now.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

2.) Laidlaws - Bike was due for the 1K service so I set up an appointment time. BTW, if you make an appointment on Tuesday's or if you're one of the first 5 customers in line lined up in front of the service department, they give you $95 off your service. So I checked in with the lady at the counter and gave her all my information plus cell and she asked me if I want to be called when the bike is ready, I said "sure". She said "ok, it'll be around 4 hours". She also asked me "do you want it washed?". I said "how much is that?" She said "it's included" I said "sure". So me, my wife, and little boy stayed in the area eating, getting my wife's car washed, and doing a little shopping to wait out the 4 hours. Well, 4 hours went by, 5, hours, 6 hours, and when it hit the seventh hour I decided to go check and low and behold there the bike was sitting waiting for me. I rethought what she said and I told myself "she did say SHE was going to call me right?". So I assured myself I was correct. XD

All in all everything went ok except the 7 hour part, the poor wash job in which I was told by another customer they clean the bike very well "make it look like new". My bike looked nothing like new and there was water spots ALL over my bike. Won't be getting it washed there for free any longer, just the service.

I'll use Laidlaws again, but for now, they get 3 outta 5 stars as well. Bottom line is I'll have to visit a few more times before I can give a better evaluation of their customer service.

Old 02-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Gord Wilson
Novice

Gasoline Alley HD in Red Deer Alta worst place in Alta to buy a bike, they give you a price for the bike and say that price will be the price on the bottom of the bill of sale no PDI no storage ect. But go p/u the bike and the've added $2000 more no reason and if I back out I loose deposit, worst buying experience I've ever had.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:11 PM
BigBlock1969
Cruiser

LA Harley in Lewiston Maine. I went there to trade my Ultra for a newer Street Glide and they bent over backwards to try and get me into the deal. Even offered to take the new seat and Rhineharts I had just bought off the Ultra and put them on the Street Glide at no cost. Even after the bank came back with an outrageous down payment (still owe on the Ultra) and I declined the deal they gave me 10% off on a bike cover. Every single person I talked to was very nice and acted like they wanted you to be there instead of treating you like just another commission.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:28 PM
saskfatboy
1st Gear

bought my first harley a couple weeks ago, a new 2014 fatboy from prairie harley davidson in regina, awsome service, no b.s, and a great group of guys and gals. if your riding through saskatchewan and need something its definetly the place to go. No wonder why they been in busness since 1936

Last edited by saskfatboy; 02-05-2015 at 05:30 PM.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences