General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:36 AM
scuba glide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triple S in Morgantown WV

I have to give it up for these guys. I looked around at multiple dealers before I bought my bike. Most places I went either ignored me or gave me cursory attention. Every time I went into Triple S they took me seriously and spent a great deal of time with me as we made our decision. I haven't singled anyone out because they were all good- Ryan, Roger, Huck, Debbie, Andrea, Vic...

After the sale, they have been just as good. So long as they keep it up, I won't be looking anywhere else.

Mike

Old 10-15-2014, 08:49 PM
insertname
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default riding gear issue

My helmet's shield came unscrewed, so when I got back I double checked the one I re-attached, and the other side. Turns out the screws failed.
I took it to Ronnie's Cycle here in town and explained it top them, and when sorting stuff out ( the consensus was I over tightened them) one of the remaining two screws failed when only in finger tight.

Ronnie's took a good long look at it, and decided to replace the helmet. I brought done two choices, another FF HJC and a Daytona 1/2 with slide down thing (eye shield?). I got the OK on the Daytona and a new pair of riding glasses.

http://www.daytonahelmets.com/shop/i...h2_ds8-b_9.png

:ico n_headbang:

Last edited by insertname; 10-15-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Kaiser3100
3rd Gear
Default Good Dealer - Appalachian HD in PA

As we all know years ago HD dealers sucked in general unless you were a friend of someone that worked at one. I just traded in the 1982 Super Glide FXE that I bought new and owned for the last 32 years. I live in the Maryland area and I went to the six of the HD dealers around my home. None of them wanted to give me anything for my bike as a trade and some did not even want to talk to me about it.

Some did say they would looking into it but came back with a big no way. Then I shopped at Appalachian HD in PA. Long story short, they did help me out and gave me what I considered to be a very good trade in number for my old bike.

I also shopped at Battlefield HD in PA because they were the closest to where I live. I started to work with one salesperson and when they did not bother to get back to me in over 30 days after I would call and remind them that I existed, I tried one of their other sales people. After talking to the 2nd sales person, I'm still waiting for them to get back to me. 60 days of waiting and repeated calls to two of their sales staff and neither ever got back to me.

The only reason I wanted to point out Battlefield HD is due to the great experience I had with their service department with my old bike. So I give Battlefield HD service department very high numbers. But there sales department sucks big time.

But getting back to Appalachian HD I give their sales staff, service department, as well as the owners of Appalachian HD all very high numbers for taking care of their customers. They are 20 miles farther from my home, but it is my pleasure to drive right past Battlefield HD as well as Laugerman's HD located in York PA as I drive and take my money to Appalachian HD.

Last edited by Kaiser3100; 10-18-2014 at 10:05 AM. Reason: added words
Old 10-18-2014, 01:44 PM
swaug
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hot Metal Harley

Bought a Daytona blue 2014 SG from them last week. Very smooth transaction and unbelievable price.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:28 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

High Desert in Meridian, ID!! Jeff did a great job setting me up on my bike and everyone else there from the service department to the clothing department is awesome!!

Old 10-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Reddog01
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I shopped around several dealers in the Austin, Texas area, and found Horney Toad Harley-Davidson in Temple, Texas. They were very helpful, had the bike that I was looking for, and worked with me very closely on making the purchase as seamless as possible. A couple of weeks later I received a care kit for my bike in the mail, and a couple of days later I received an owner's manual that they had ordered for me. Because I had not ridden for many years, and was getting back into motorcycling, I was hesitant to take it out on Interstate 35 to get it back home. They said that this was no problem, and they delivered it to my front driveway the next day. I have been back in there several times and they always greet me and want to know how the bike is doing. It just seems like I have found a motorcycling home at Horny Toad HD.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:18 AM
sharkmotorcycleaudio
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
High Desert in Meridian, ID!! Jeff did a great job setting me up on my bike and everyone else there from the service department to the clothing department is awesome!!

A buddy of mine and I passed by High Desert in Meridian, ID and had a very pleasant experience as well

Old 10-31-2014, 07:28 AM
ssp228
1st Gear
Default Augusta HD

Just moved to the area and drove around to several dealers after hearing a lot of negative about AHD. Wasn't satisfied with anybody, so I decided to give AHD a shot. It was, by far, the easiest and simplest process in getting me out the door on my new Limited. More for my trade than I expected (I did extensive research before I walked in to know what my old ride was worth), and the deal on the new one was at the low end of my threshold, and they matched a competing dealer's incentive given to the company I work for without batting an eye. If it had not been for my bank being a bit sluggish to get the loan authorized, I would have been out of the dealership in less than an hour.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:42 PM
dblox
2nd Gear

Snake Harley in Twin Falls ID. Good people and great service!

Old 11-02-2014, 08:15 PM
daveblank
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

American Motorcycle Trading Company
2925 E. Division
Arlington, TX 76011
Phone: 817-695-1151

www.cleanharleys.com

They are not a new Harley dealership. They specalize in used bikes & many have low miles. They treated me real well last week & gave me a great deal.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences