General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 01:19 AM
evill1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

San Diego HD has a great spot that's new plus they always host events. I've delt with the service dept and they have been great!

Old 01-06-2014, 02:24 PM
TheWarrior
Intermediate

I ordered some Ness Grips and turn signals straight from Arlen Ness they sent them with free shipping!

The tech guy there I believe his name is Danny or something is very helpful about Ness products. If you need to know how to install something or worried about something fitting or not call and ask him. (925) 479-6350

Old 01-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Erbie
Tourer

Originally Posted by evill1
San Diego HD has a great spot that's new plus they always host events. I've delt with the service dept and they have been great!
Glad you put the service department in there, the one in my town had a parites going about every year at some time. Service department sucked, and was TOLD Harley shut them down. Said you can stay open as long as you want, but you don't get any more Harley's from the factory. They were only open in the new building about 6 or 7 years, not long enough to pay for it anyway.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:40 PM
FallujahFF
Advanced
Thumbs up New River/Beach House HD

Originally Posted by springerGT
New River H-D Jacksonville, NC. Not a lot of whopping discounts, but they definitely stand behind what they sell, no questions asked.
New River and their sister store Beach House Harley in Shallotte. Awesome service I felt like a customer and not an number. I bought my bike used at Beach house (Adam). I financed in a detachable tour pack to be put on at a future date at New River (I live closer to them but long story short I owed a brother who owed Adam). Great deal, good service, gave me a bunch of free stuff in the goody bag, etc.

Went overseas for 6 months and decided I like the tour pak and sound system right where it was and asked Adam via email if I could get a credit for something else. He said "sure, no problem, let us know when you get back". Six months later, I came back, let Adam know I was in town and showed up at New River HD looking to put some slipon's on the bike. I talked to Chuck and had some Chrome slip-on's ordered through them--they installed and that's when I noticed they ordered and installed black though I wanted chrome. They offered to make it right and let me keep on the black while I waited for the chrome to come in even though I was going back overseas for another 3-6 months. As you can see from my picture, I became partial to the black so Chuck gave me a discounted quote for a matching set of true duals and a stage 1 kit to make up for the gaffe when I get back. I will have them done when I get home in March. Perfect example how to make a minor mistake, own up to it and make another sale to a happy customer rather than be obstinate and lose a customer. Though I do my own wrenching for the most part, I won't go anywhere else (unless I am on the road) for service and when I do decide to get another bike, it will be from them.

Totally awesome experience and I have nothing but kudos for these folks. I ended up buying a bunch of T-shirts there too.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:19 PM
DavesBigBlue
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Been to many HD dealers on the east coast, Empire HD in New Rochelle NY, had what I wanted with all options and a great price, this new dealer ( 1 year old) has a great customer service team and this being my first Harley made it a smooth and comfortable purchase.
They have some unbelievable pricing on 2013 leftovers which my bike is.
I was introduced to every employee in all depts and then the music came on, rang the bell and shook hands with a great bunch of folks. So far so good, I cant wait to take delivery as soon as my upgrades are completed!

Old 01-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Erbie
Tourer
Angry

Originally Posted by DavesBigBlue
Been to many HD dealers on the east coast, Empire HD in New Rochelle NY, had what I wanted with all options and a great price, this new dealer ( 1 year old) has a great customer service team and this being my first Harley made it a smooth and comfortable purchase.
They have some unbelievable pricing on 2013 leftovers which my bike is.
I was introduced to every employee in all depts and then the music came on, rang the bell and shook hands with a great bunch of folks. So far so good, I cant wait to take delivery as soon as my upgrades are completed!
Man I hope you are right. I have had the experiences from Illinois to Arkansas on several occasions and have read I don't know how many of these that the salesman sold something great, if it was or not, he made you think it was, and then the shop, well the shop has you in unmentionable places in an extremely tight grip and they don't like to let go. Best shop I ever saw was the one in Hot Springs Arkansas in 1974, mechanic came out and looked at friends Sporty and told him what he needed to do to fix his bike before we went back to Illinois, it worked. Then there have been a couple of other dealers that took over that Harley dealer that I really think they need help checking the air in your tires.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 695 Likes on 338 Posts

Down Home HD (formerly Davis) in Burlington, NC.

Haven't bought a bike from 'em, nor needed their shop services, so can't speak to that end, but all of the staff I've met have been very friendly.

JT, in parts, knows what he's talking about & is actually an MMI grad, for whatever that's worth. He's hooked me up twice, with a couple of nickel & dime bolts, acorn nuts, whatever, for no charge. I know it's likely chump change to them, but a hell of a nice gesture, I thought. I thanked him & he just kind of waived me off & just said to come back some time & spend some money. lol... Smart business move on his end.

Also & perhaps more importantly, they store deployed service members' bikes, free of charge. They only ask that you give 'em 24 hours notice, to charge up the battery, top off the gas & check the tires before you pick yer bike up. Very class, in my book.

I ain't no Moco/stealership fanboy, but these guys do it right, in my book.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:51 PM
wapiti1
Stage I

I wanted to give kudos to D&S Harley in Phoenix Oregon. I bought a 09 Ultra used from this dealer, about a year and a half later I started having throttle issues. They took my bike in and diagnosed the prob with a wire partially broken in the harness. They replaced my harness and a new throttle sensor for 0 $'s. I did not have a extended warranty. This is how they take care of their customers. If any body is in the area and needs a good service center I would give them a shout.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:10 PM
FEMAMan
5th Gear

Big Barn Harley Davidson in Des Moines, Iowa I just bought a New Ultra Limited there and worked with Nick Davenport he is a no pressure sales man and knows his product. We come to a deal on my trade and price of the New Bike that other dealer wouldn't come close to as i tried a few of them. I am from out of state and just working here in the area for a few months. Today i took a co worker there who is in the market for a used bike and Nick took us back to the used barn. They had a few hundred Bike's in there to check out. My friend picked out the bike he wants and he just needs some time to think it over, Like i said No pressure form Nick and my friend really likes that, i am sure he will go back and buy the bike he picked out.

Last edited by FEMAMan; 01-18-2014 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Make it nicer looking
Old 01-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Gunnerdave98
Advanced
Default Bayside in Portsmouth,VA

Just bought my first Harley from Bayside in Portsmouth, VA. Outstanding customer service all the way around! Went in several times over a period of about 6 weeks, as I was trying to decide what I wanted. Every person there was always willing to answer any question, never acted like it was a dumb question (and I'm sure some of them were!). Never any pressure toward a particular bike or model. When I was ready, and sure what I wanted, they worked a great deal. Took time to make sure I had all the info I needed, and welcomed me into the "family". Overall outstanding experience, highly recommended!

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences