General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 04:01 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,093 Likes on 351 Posts
Default RE: GOOD Dealers and Experiences

In defense of Cape Fear HD in Fayetteville NC (Fayettenam) I have heard alot of war stories about them. They have a virtual pool of folks coming back from long deployments dreaming of getting a Harley when they return. I have heard alot that they dont budge from their price, which is shown for "out the door". Well, I was looking for a BOB or a Superglide Custom and I was in the dealer several times, info gathering etc, one time I was not approached by any of the staff, which they may have known I was just window shopping. Anyway I found the bike that I wanted '06 Super Glide Custom, and proceeded to get some numbers from my salesman, he said what was on the tag "was it" (16.1) I said ok and left for the time being. I called ***'s HD in Ashboro and asked about the same bike and what would he give it to me for, He said he could sell them for 15.5 all day long with a security system (just the basic) I thanked him and said I may be up there this weekend. I went back to Cape Fear and sat down with my salesman and told him about my calling ***'s. well I about fell out of my chair when he said, "let me see what I can do" he came back several minutes later with the same price as ***'s. With the dealer being that much closer I took the deal. I may have been the 1 millionth customer or something, I dont know, because everything I have heard about them they would not budge off price, but they did.

My salesman John always remembers me when i return to the store and says hello and asks how my bike is doing.

I still look for aftermarket accessories elswhere though, M&M leather in Fayetteville is pretty good on stuff, seems I cant walk out the dealer door without spending Hundred Dollars (HD!)

Old 06-30-2006, 11:37 PM
jbink7
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luarel and Harley In Stratford CT not a dealer but a realy great repair shop they really look out for their customers and they do good work

Old 07-06-2006, 06:32 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,869 Likes on 9,332 Posts

Patriot H-D in Fairfax, VA. I was kicking the tires on the RG in their show room then the manager told me he would throw in a tour-pak classic with all the quick disconnect hardware and passenger back rest and installation at the price I had already talked with the salesman about. Took me a couple of nanoseconds to decide on that, and that was only so I could catch my breath.

Old 07-07-2006, 02:19 AM
XRP
Ultimate HDF Member

Redline Harley Davidson in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan was more than fair in thier dealings with my purchase. Bike was late on delivery and they gave me $500.00 credit for harley merchandise after the bike arrived. Good folks, will recomend them to anybody!

Old 07-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

Adamec HD in Regency.

Salesmen worked their trade good, were pleasant enough and emphasized the fact they were there for you.
A little extra merchandise going out the door and a few friendly handshakes.
Merchandise and accessory people were fantastic - even if you said "No".

The salesman actually drove the bike to my house from the dealership as the plan to get the endorsement then get the bike went a bit backwards.

Just watch them on your intrest rates. Someone in the office likes to raise them a bit. Will refinance through the local CU.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Mikebiker
Cruiser

Orlando Harley-davidson has been treating me great for a year now. I bought the bike from them so maybe that's why ,but I'm impressed with the nice peole, fast service and after every time I take my bike in for service thay want to know how the experience was.. When was the last time ANY service company did that for you?? 5 STARS

Old 07-09-2006, 11:26 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I took my Road Glide to San Jose Harley Davidson for an appointment to repair(under warranty) stuck fuel level float while I wait.They would have fixed the last time I brought it in but did not have a gasket.
When the tech removed the float assy. he found out that the unit was defective.The dealer did not have the part in stock so a gopher went to get one from another dealer.By this time 4hrs went by.
When the part arrived it was lunch time,so wait another hour.After lunch the new part was installed and it was the wrong part or defective.The SM told me they will have to go to their warehouse and pull a unit from a new bike.
Meanwhile the SM bought me lunch then gave me a ride to my moms house and will pick me up when the bike was done.
Finnallly got back to the dealer and the bike was complete.The SM then handed me a $50 gift card and said sorry for the long wait!

Old 07-09-2006, 05:28 PM
low_glide1984
Novice

I pulled a bonehead yasterday and ran out of gas on I-64. I only got 115 miles out of that tank, but anyway, I digress. I called the next dealer which was Dales in Mount Vernon, Il. They sent a truck and trailer a few miles out to me. I saw the truck go by and just then two bikes pulled up to check on me. I told them the truck was turning around and would be back shortly, so they rode on. The guy truck got there and the guy filled my tank. It was a little out of the way for me but I stopped by to have my security system looked at. They were busy and said there would be a wait. I decided to live with the problem, although they told me what needed replaced and that I could get it done whenever I wanted. I then went into the showroom and saw the guys who stopped to check on me and went to thank them. We talked about the dealer and the told me that they travel over 100 miles each way to deal with them. I guess the lengths that they went to to help me out, is normal operations to them. I am very happy with them and will continue to do business with them when I can. Later

Old 07-13-2006, 09:28 PM
needaz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far Southside Harly in Virginia Beach, VA has been awesome!!!!

They are treating me like family and this is weeks after the bike purchase! They were great from beginning to end!

5 STARS *****

They have been PERFECT to this point!!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 12:50 PM
AK97fxdwg
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Biker's Friend

Biler's Friend has a cool product in a bedroll-shaped piece of luggage that acts as a very comfortable backrest too. They really went the extra mile for me in getting me the right size and in my hands when I needed it most - just before a 3,000 mile ride. Good guys to work with.

****+ (The only reason they're not 5 star is they were out-of-stock initially.)

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences