General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:57 PM
deano360
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i gotta give kudos to snake HD in twinn falls idaho, we rode back there from portland oregon and on the way i ran into trouble with my exhaust coming apart.. when i found the problem mi called snake HD and they MADE room for me to get the bike fixed, they had to drop my front pipe and replace the gasket and by the time they got done they only charged me for the minimum that they could.. 1hr labor and didnt charge me for the parts they had to replace... good shop and far better then anything we have here in this neck of the wood with the exeption of Latus motors, they arent to bad either

Old 10-18-2013, 04:56 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Frederick H-D.

Got a screw in my tire, went in without an appointment to get it changed with my ESP. They called the ESP company for authorization, the company wanted to send someone out to verify the tread depth. Without my asking, the dealership set me up with a rental bike billed to the ESP company because, as they put it, they're being stupid, so they can pay for your rental too.

Went to pick the bike up today, and they said that it was being washed an they'd pull it around when they were done. After about 20 minutes I walked back to the wash bay to see what the holdup was. My bike was on a lift, bags off, getting a complete detailing. Dude spent damn near an hour detailing my bike.

That's freaking service right there. They just earned themselves a loyal customer.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Falcon195
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Biker Bob's Harley in Taylor Michigan. Good people who care about their customers.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:13 AM
jayhawkclint
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Can't say enough good things about Forman Harley in Stillwater, OK. Ride past 2 dealers and 85mi to buy from them. Really good people, don't do a whole lot of advertising, just all word of mouth. At least 3 of my coworkers that I know of have done the same.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:10 AM
trout31
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 3 Posts

LakeShore HD in Libertyville IL. Good honest hard working folks. Especially Bill Sparks.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:47 PM
NAZ R1d3r
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard some not so great things about Arrowhead Harley in Peoria, AZ. My experience however, is the complete opposite. From the moment I showed interest in switching from my sport bike to a Harley, everybody there was super helpful and not pushy at all (which is a major plus when making a big purchase). I'd like to thank Stacy and Elwood down at Arrowhead for getting me on a 2010 RK Classic. I was given personal numbers during the process if I had any questions and calls since my purchase to see how everything with the bike was growing. Overall, amazing experience.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:22 PM
daddyflea
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Police Road King

All I can say is stay out of Waco Harley. Going in that Dealership will cost you money. I called Steve who I knew from another Bike Dealer. My Daughter was interested in buying a Sportster because she just got her license. I walked in with her but Steve singled me out. He offered to let me pick a bike and ride it all weekend, just to try a Harley. He has sold me bikes in the past but never a Harley. I wound up riding a Police Road King with my Wife. I rode down the road and a storm blew in. We both got soaked. They gave us free shirts and my Wife was grinning ear to ear. I bought the Road King but my Daughter never really got to talk about the Sportster. My Bike's front brake was acting strange so I left the bike. Went in Monday and the Bike was ready. Manager went around to get it and was not happy with the Brake. He gave me a Heretage to ride home even though my wife was there to carry me home. I talked with the Service People about a Cigarette Lighter plug before I left. Came back the next day to find the Plug installed at no charge and a new rotor and clutch. I rode it home and two days later my Brother and I just stopped by as we were riding. Steve was there and I mentioned that the only thing I really liked about that Heratage was the Windshield bag. Steve could not sell me one of those because it covered my Tach. He then ran around the display and came out with a Double bag that was perfect. That cost me. We were leaving and Steve showed my Wife a Display of Bags that would go behind her Sissy Bar. That wound up costing me more money. I then made the mistake of telling him I was headed to Harbor Freight to buy a Basic set of Tools. He ran around the Counter and came out with a Harley screw driver Set that had the correct Torx attachments. More Money. I spent so much money the parts man gave me a discount because he felt sorry for me. Steve told me a Harley Motorcycle was just a Starter Kit for Accessories. My Daughter still has not bought her a Bike but I am scared to take her back up there. It always cost me money. By the way she can afford it. She is an Engineer for Samsung. I give Harley in Waco an A plus except they know selling those bikes is like selling Whiskey to an Alcoholic. I really need therapy.

Last edited by daddyflea; 10-27-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:02 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by daddyflea
All I can say is stay out of Waco Harley. Going in that Dealership will cost you money. I called Steve who I knew from another Bike Dealer. My Daughter was interested in buying a Sportster because she just got her license. I walked in with her but Steve singled me out. He offered to let me pick a bike and ride it all weekend, just to try a Harley. He has sold me bikes in the past but never a Harley. I wound up riding a Police Road King with my Wife. I rode down the road and a storm blew in. We both got soaked. They gave us free shirts and my Wife was grinning ear to ear. I bought the Road King but my Daughter never really got to talk about the Sportster. My Bike's front brake was acting strange so I left the bike. Went in Monday and the Bike was ready. Manager went around to get it and was not happy with the Brake. He gave me a Heretage to ride home even though my wife was there to carry me home. I talked with the Service People about a Cigarette Lighter plug before I left. Came back the next day to find the Plug installed at no charge and a new rotor and clutch. I rode it home and two days later my Brother and I just stopped by as we were riding. Steve was there and I mentioned that the only thing I really liked about that Heratage was the Windshield bag. Steve could not sell me one of those because it covered my Tach. He then ran around the display and came out with a Double bag that was perfect. That cost me. We were leaving and Steve showed my Wife a Display of Bags that would go behind her Sissy Bar. That wound up costing me more money. I then made the mistake of telling him I was headed to Harbor Freight to buy a Basic set of Tools. He ran around the Counter and came out with a Harley screw driver Set that had the correct Torx attachments. More Money. I spent so much money the parts man gave me a discount because he felt sorry for me. Steve told me a Harley Motorcycle was just a Starter Kit for Accessories. My Daughter still has not bought her a Bike but I am scared to take her back up there. It always cost me money. By the way she can afford it. She is an Engineer for Samsung. I give Harley in Waco an A plus except they know selling those bikes is like selling Whiskey to an Alcoholic. I really need therapy.
Never walk into a Harley dealer with your check book or credit card ........

Old 10-27-2013, 08:23 PM
mtnbkr62
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CavemanLou
Good experience with the Dealer in Denton, Tx off 35e

That would be American Eagle HD, I have now bought 2 bikes from them fair deal and good people. They have always treated me right

Old 10-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Sonicgazi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shout out to Charlies HD in Huntington WV for taking care of my buddies new bike. 5 days off the showroom floor his drive belt breaks. Offered to come with a trailer and fixed it for free in less than 2 days. OUTSTANDING service guys. Keep it up.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences