General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Just returned from a nice road trip. Stopped in at Reno H-D on the way out because my buddy thought he had a problem at the clutch lever. Service adviser/manager came out immediately, looked at the bike, went back inside real quick got what he thought he needed to take care of the problem, it did and we were on our way in minutes. No charge. Thanks Reno H-D

Trip was over 7500 miles so around the 5000 mile mark on our way back we wanted/needed to get a service. Contacted Brett at Las Vegas H-D a few days prior to arriving. Got there, dropped the bikes off, got serviced and washed and they kept the bikes for us the few days we were in Vegas. Friendly and professional and no unnecessary cost.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:19 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

Heading through Utah in mid-August, my check engine light was coming on intermittently as I was driving along I-70 and I-15. I stopped in the Washington Zion Harley Davidson (just north of St. George) and they were able to correct the issue and give my bike a 10k service with no notice and get me back on the road. I would certainly recommend! SJ Ron

Old 09-04-2013, 08:27 PM
caez
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve Drane Harley Davidson, excellent support, great staff

Old 09-09-2013, 09:17 PM
DGDeuce
Club Member
Received 5,774 Likes on 2,337 Posts

FYI those of you in northern NY, the old "Iron Block Harley Davidson" in Adams Center, NY had a horrible reputation. I just found out they are now under new ownership and a new general manager. I dealt with him before elswhere and he's a good guy. He's going to straighten things out.

Last edited by DGDeuce; 09-09-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:44 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

Eagle's Nest HD in Lathrop, CA did us a solid. It may not seem like much but they threw my wife's bike on a charger after the ignition was left on. No charge (no pun intended) and the tech had to stop eating his lunch to do it.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:28 PM
RK12
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default TSI HD in Ellington, CT

Good guys..found a Denim black FLHXS in a couple days when others wanted to sell me something i didnt want. MSRP, not a penny more. Very happy so far.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:56 AM
AK97fxdwg
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Boswell's in Cookeville, Tenn

My wife's 93 fxdwg which we bought about 5 months ago never ran right until she was ready to throw in the towel totally. An Indy and another HD shop said they fixed it but didn't. I'm no wrench but my wife and I worked on it together with no luck. We hauled it to Boswell's in Cookeville and the serice writer remembered her name from the phone conversation.

The service wirter and service manager asked us a shitpile of questions to narrow things down. A couple of days later - It's fixed - incorrect jetting, and we're a happy biker couple again. Great service, great guys, great diagnostics, and we'll be back for whatever. Thanks guys!

Old 09-22-2013, 09:42 AM
sjenkins49
Advanced

Just purchased a FLSTN Softail Deluxe from Lucky Harley-Davidson in Fort Wayne Indiana. They did a great job getting me on my first Harley and really made me feel at home.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pleasant suprise at my dealer

Bought rain gear from my dealer Rocky's HD in London, Ontario two years ago. Warranty on it was either 30 or 90 days. I forget which. Never had to use it till i went on a trip last August of this year. It leaked all over. Legs/crotch and my back where soaked. I decided to write a email to Jeff, one of the owners, just to let him know how disappointed i was in the gear, not really expecting anything. Definitely didnt expect a answer within an hour, saying to come see him when i return and he'll take care of it. Still had mixed feelings about this, but when i did go, to see him, old rain gear in hand, there was no problem at all. He took it back without giving me a hard time and all i had to pay is the difference toward the new gear and away i went. I did thank him for going above and beyond though. This goes a long way in my books.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Caliente Harley Davidson in San Antonio on I410. I went to multiple dealers in my area with a bad trade in scenario and the other ones didn't even want to deal with me despite my willingness to drop a good amount of money down and my good credit. Caliente greeted me within 3 minutes when I was shopping, as opposed to the other places that took 15+, and even when I told them the situation they didn't bat an eye.

They got me hooked up with a leftover 2013 FXDB, cut a good thousand+ off the sticker, gave me a good trade, and made the whole thing work to where I was better off when I left than when I walked in. I've also had some dealings with the parts department since buying the bike last week and they have been great as well.

I can't speak for service yet, but based on my experience with sales and parts I would highly recommend this dealer if you are in the San Antonio area.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences