General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Erbie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the same as most Harley shops. Once they have you in their clutches they can treat you like dirt. A mechanic is always acting as if he is just about to go home, you owe him because he is doing so much for you, yeah right. You are paying that dude to perform a service the same thing your boss does, screw over your boss and you will be looking for a new job, mechanic screws over you because of the time limits set on his repairs, time limits just like in the new car dealers, they don't allow for coffee break times when the factory is doing the paying, even though the ones that made the mistake do have coffee break times, their union gives them that.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:48 PM
tenn volunteer
Tourer
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I shop at Colbach HD in Morristown, Tn. The Ernie's in sales have been top shelf, purchased the last three bikes from them. LD, Jessie, Tom, Kyle, Scott, Bruce, Kim always, always treat me well. The next three bikes probably will be purchased there, as well.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:03 AM
lildil
6th Gear
Old 08-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Stubby3492
Road Captain

I posted this in another thread, but someone said I should post it here as well. It is about the service at Sound Harley Davidson in Marysville, WA. I can't say enough good things about them. They are awesome.
I'm from Vancouver Island, BC Canada, and on my last trip through the US, I was heading north on the I5 north of Seattle, when my bike started sputtering, and I happened to be going by a rest area so I turned in and my bike died so I coasted to a parking spot.
I checked it out, and my battery had only 3 volts, and was super hot, so obviously it shorted out inside.
I checked the app on my cellphone, and Sound Harley was the closest one, so I gave them a call. I talked to the Service Manager, I think his name was Matt. I told him my problem and he said he would send a driver with a trailer out to pick me up. This was at about 5:30pm. I told him I didn't think I needed a trailer, just a battery. So he said ok, I'll send a driver out with a battery for you and he'll wait while you install it to make sure that fixes your problem, and if not, he'll come back and get the trailer.
About half an hour later, a Harley truck pulls into the rest area with a brand new glass mat battery for me. I do carry tools, but he even brought tools for me to use in case I didn't have any. I installed it in a couple minutes and everything was ok. I paid with my credit card the battery was only $120, which is cheaper than I could get one at home. I asked him, aren't you going to charge me a delivery fee?, and he said no, if anyone is stranded on a Harley we'll do whatever we can to help them out.

I even still made the last ferry to Vancouver Island, and made it home that night.
Next day I sent them an email thanking them for such great service, and I received two emails back from them thanking me for appreciating their service. Matt's email told me to stop in for a coffee next time I'm in the area, and the second email was from the general manager, I think her name is Karen. She told me she had tears in her eyes when she read my email, because she really appreciated someone acknowledging the service they give.
I have never been to their shop, and I don't know anyone who works there, so I have no vested interest in bragging about them, other than I think they went above and beyond what many Harley Dealers would do, and didn't charge me for anything other than the battery. I'm definately going to stop in and see them next time I'm down that way.

With the stories we read about how some HD Dealers will screw someone who is at their mercy, I just thought I would also comment on a good one as well. Sound Harley Davidson in Marysville,WA are one of the good guys in my book.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:04 PM
alucard9899
Cruiser
Default Tucson AZ Harley Davidson

Bought a 2012 Wide Glide about a year and one month ago. Got them to reduce the fees and come down on the price since the 2013 were hitting the floor and he had 2 2012 sitting next to a 2013 models. Took a few days back and forth. Didn't know what i wanted. Nightster or V-rod or Big V-twin. Made a few offers back and forth.found better financing. Ended up with a good deal and took their no interest no payment for 90 days and hammered money towards it and 5 days before i was going to get 12.9 interest rate went to credit union for 3.2.

Wouldn't say they rolled out the red carpet for me. They let me look at a few bikes before coming over and chit chatting but its not like these places are going to fork over one at rock bottom prices. We did the song and dance and i came out happy.

reason i am saying this now is i am back there trying to get a buddy a bike. I don't reconize anyone from when i was there.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Birddog1911
Advanced

I'm late on this post, by a few years. But I rode my '00 Road King to Texas to see my family, after having an indy put in a new cam. Dipshit didn't torque the motor mount bolts properly, and I sheared one on the way into Ft Worth HD on a late Friday afternoon. I was only staying till Sunday morning!

Thankfully, those guys were great, and had it ready by closing time on Saturday. I couldn't have been happier, and they didn't rape me on the cost, either!

Old 08-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Chief2505
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

My dealer was great as long as everything was going great. When I started having problem after problem after problem on my 12 Ultra their true colors shined through.

They blamed MoCo for making the bad product, not our fault. Yeah but you sold it and are supposed to service it! So start servicing! Everything was "oh they all do that" or "that is normal". Or the MoCo will not let us fix that you need to call customer service. Every time I called to get something else fixed it was 3 weeks waiting period to get the bike into the shop. Didn't matter if it was broke down or just maintenance issues it was a 3 week wait.

Excessive heat, excessive engine noise, first gear sounded like a siren. turn signals quit twice, some pinched wire somewhere. Alarm went out on security system, tried to blame me for that one! Security system totally quit working once. Rear brakes squealed like a stuck pig. They were replace 5 times before they finally got the squeal out of them. Would not crank over from time to time. They finally installed a new start button switch and I never had any problem with it not cranking after that.

I wont mention the dealer name, they are very nice people and very convincing at playing the blame the mothership game but I do not have my service work performed there any more. I even paid an indy to fix a small problem on my 13 rather than going back to the dealer.

For sales and selection I would give 5 star but for service and standing behind the product and their customer, no stars.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:14 PM
dbc58
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Harley Davidson of West Virginia 4924 MacCorkle Ave S.W., South Charleston WV. Got into a jam with a flat rear tire 3000 miles into a 6000 mile trip. They stayed open late to finish and got me back on the road same day. Can't say enough about their service and attitude. They even replaced my "anti theft" cable ties on the removable saddle bags. Special thanks to John Messer.

Last edited by dbc58; 08-30-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:48 PM
gjcusa
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black hills cycle in rockaway ,nj. Spoke with tippy on the phone about exhaust and dyno tuning. Have not gone to shop yet but will be in the fall. Complete gentleman. Spoke for 20+ min. At not one point was he annoyed as i asked him many questions. Heard only good things about them and def gonna let them dyno my ride as I hear ken and tippy are amazing

Old 09-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Wander
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just got back last night from a week long tour of New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts.
Fantastic trip, stopped at multiple dealers and had 1 terrible experience (Seacoast HD in Maine - saleswoman was rude, condescending and a whole list of words that I won't use) the rest were IMO exceptional. Friendly and laidback and more than willing to just chat about bikes both ours and theirs, parts, travel etc.
A special nod to Boston HD, the staff there were welcoming and helpful.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences