General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 01:11 PM
BlacklinePaul
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HDF Tech
Tell us the good dealers out there that give good overall customer service...

Include their location too...

Maybe even rate them on a 5 star rating with 5 stars (*****) being the best it can get.

Steeler dealer website.. HERE
Dubuque Harley-Davidson of Dubuque, Iowa has a terrific staff. After only a few visits of cautiously looking into purchasing my first motorcycle and wanting it to be a Harley. They were easy to work with and very cool with me pretty much test driving every bike in the inventory (or they must have thought I had by the time i decided). Their service staff is excellent and very knowledgable! I purchased not only my first Harley there, but also my second one too!
http://www.dubuqueharley-davidson.com/

Old 07-02-2013, 10:37 AM
campen
Novice

Man 'o War Harley Davidson in Lexington, Ky. Outstanding experience from pre sale to purchase, their service team seems great. I never felt rushed or pressured to buy, and everyone I met was approachable and friendly. Heck on one pre sale visit they fed me a bowl of chili and we talked handguns and holsters for a while.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:19 PM
kalbo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Treasure Coast H-D, Stuart Fl. Fantastic service, we just bought a 13 Deluxe and 13 Street Bob. Great deal, no hassle start to finnish.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Erbie
Tourer

Originally Posted by campen
Man 'o War Harley Davidson in Lexington, Ky. Outstanding experience from pre sale to purchase, their service team seems great. I never felt rushed or pressured to buy, and everyone I met was approachable and friendly. Heck on one pre sale visit they fed me a bowl of chili and we talked handguns and holsters for a while.
Most dealers when they are selling you something that you have an option of buying or going somewhere else will treat you with respect and make you a special person they want your money and any company should, so don't get me wrong. When something goes wrong and your bike goes into the back room, money is still the same thing, to do as little to your bike, no matter the problem, as they can get away with, more profit. If Harley pays them $200 to fix a warranty object and gives them say 2 hours to fix, if they can do it in 15 minutes, no matter how you will like it, they will put the mechanic on something else making even more money at your expense.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:55 AM
KYBill
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Well all I can tell you is that even after the sale, every time I go in to the dealership 3-4 people greet me by name and ask how I like the bike, and I've had 3 calls from the owner to be sure all was good ( just after purchase, after a return service to install some options that were not in stock when I bought the bike, and a few days ago after my $1 k service. At point of purcharse they took a new helmet from stock ( not the loaner inventory ) and loaned it to me for over 5 weeks while ordering several other models for me to try. And when I buy special order items they don't ask for a down deposit. I run a service business myself in KY, WV and parts of S. Ohio and while I know service is never perfect, their attitude has been great and very flexible and a positive experience.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:03 PM
GeorgiaGlide
Cruiser

My Harley dealer's parts dept is always well stocked friendly. Killer creek

Old 07-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Bartjo06
5th Gear

Traded my Buell in on a 13 FXDF last week at Central Maine Harley in Hermon, ME and I had a great experience. Great group of guys that went out of their way to help me out with my decision.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:35 PM
emilou
1st Gear
Default Renegade Harley in Alexandria, LA

Great group of people! Have had a positive experience with each visit! From sales to service. But be careful, you might end up like me with ANOTHER new bike

Old 07-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Jpm1416
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Adventure harley Dover,OH

Best service I've had in a long time at any harley shop. I drove over a 100 miles to get there and passed a few HD shops on the way. I give them ***** 5.0

Old 07-10-2013, 07:34 PM
acunn1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up BARB's Harley Davidson Collinswood NJ

I have to say I waited for awhile to post this. Total time involved was two months. I bought my 2013 TriGlide from Barbs HD in Camden County NJ in Dec of 2012. After a few months started to get the too warm leg from the engine heat. Had Barbs do a Stage 1 upgrade involving a new air cleaner, header pipes, mufflers and retuned. About a week later had both mufflers blow off the pipes. Reattached them and notified Barbs. Service writer apologized and offered a free detailing for the inconvenience. Brought the bike back in the week before Memorial Day and had Barbs service department redo the mufflers, didn't get the detailing at the time. That weekend I was 100 miles from home on a poker run when the front exhaust pipe came off from the cylinder. The plate used to hold it on came loosed because the two nuts came off. Was able to reattach the pipe and ride home. Contacted Barbs and explained what happened. After some back and forth, Barbs redid both the exhaust pipes/mufflers and did the detailing I was promised. Also was given $300 off the cost of a new LED headlight for the second issue. WAY TO GO BARBS!!!! You did it right.

Last edited by acunn1; 07-10-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences